• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Continuing on with FE Engage, am now up to chapter 10. The story is still mind-numbingly dull at this point but I'm finally starting to meet characters that I actually care about - I love Diamant, Alcryst and Yunaka. My misgivings about the plot/most of the characters aside, this is a very fun game that I've been enjoying a lot. I haven't played a mainline Fire Emblem game since I did the 3H Cindered Shadows DLC back in February 2020, and I love being reminded of how much fun this series' gameplay is.

Hillariously, the skyrim mod servers bugged out again.

Maybe it's time to get the synthesis ending in ME3 and possibly run the OG again.

With the release of "Final Fantasy XVI" creeping ever closer, I have been thinking about the series more and more.

I didn't realize until recently just how many Remastered versions of FF games I had collected until I started doing some spring cleaning and so I decided to go back through some of them - starting with the first Final Fantasy game I ever played Final Fantasy X. For extra nostalgia points I even chose the original OST to play with an not the re-arranged version they offer you. Seeing the ability to pick your own name in a voiced game tickles me as to this day I still instinctively pronounce Tidus' name as "Tide-Us" and not the official "Tee-Dus" just like when I was a pup, some things never change I guess.

I'm particularly interested in going back to FFIX:HD and FFXII: Zodiac Age since I don't think I ever beat the final bosses in those original games as a young'un. Hopefully I have the time to cram all three in before 16 comes out.

MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection: I'm playing Battle Network 2 right now. I'm up to the ShadowMan scenario. Mega just got ahold of the Change.bat program (more like stealing it from the remains of Yumland's square) and it's been installed. Now it's time to deal with the Mother Computer and get my first Style Change. Hopefully it'll be Custom Style. MegaMan has 480 HP, his Buster Stats are 3/1/2, and I currently have the Buster Max function enabled, which has helped me net some good chips early (though I do try to refrain from using it often as it could possibly trigger a Guts Style instead).

Waiting for the destiny servers could reengage.

Explains why so many people hate the new expansion. The resultant newbie boom overstressed the admittedly flagging servers.

I do not regret putting on linkin park's "one more light" ("who cares if one more light goes out" "lightfall" get it) on repeat whilst sitting in that weird space between the engagement window and the war table in the HELM whilst looking out at the Traveller and Derilect Leviathan.

Have been replaying Harvestella and still love it. Such a fun game to just goof off in while also getting intense battles and stories if wanted.

Buuuut looks like I'm about to have to put it down for a while and head back to Xenoblade 3 before the DLC practically shadow drops next week. I'm hype but also wish they'd given a liiitle more of warning. I originally planned to replay the whole main story first but I don't think I'll have time or patience for that lol.

Pokemon Unite: I still only play this game lightly, but Chandelure just got announced for next week (not long after Lapras's debut, relatively speaking) and the "Legacy Trainer Showdown" event has returned, possibly with tweaks compared to the previous time (the centerpiece this time is Cynthia instead of Leon).

Pokemon Sword: Acquired Kubfu (apparently this legendary can be either male or female, so for amusement I reset for a female) and have found over 100 of the hidden Alolan Digletts. For the time being I am insisting on leveling Kubfu up manually (no EXP/Rare Candies) so I've set off for the Crown Tundra. Found all the tracks for Iron Will (Cobalion?), caught several of the wild fossil Pokemon around, unlocked Regirock (but I need to assemble a proper capture team) and the three Galarian legendary birds are now loose on the region.

MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection: Switched over to BN3. I'm currently in the BubbleMan scenario, probably one of the most obnoxious segments in the game. I got my first Style Change: Elec Custom (yay!), which is perfect for the little bugger. I've also been playing with Buster MAX on so I can get past some of the earlier fights more easily and try to earn some chips early. And since I got Custom Style I've been grinding for chips, such as DashAttack * so I can streamline my folder more. I also input all the Number Lotto codes that I had gotten off of the internet I totally knew off the top of my head so I have a bunch of rare chips or ones in rare codes. I've completed the following PAs: ZetaCannon1, HyperBurst, LifeSword, and GutsShoot. MegaMan has 440 HP, his Buster Stats are 2/1/2, and he's got one Weapon +1 installed to increase the power of his Zap Ring charge shot.

Cult of the Lamb: Replaying my first save come the new post-game story update; this game is addictive, yo. It's been months since I beat it and yet once again I've been playing for hours.

Last edited:
Xenoblade 3, just in time for the Expansion (I actually intend on finishing the base game first).

Destiny 2 lightfall. Started with the hunter, used her to power level the warlock, who gets used to power level the titan, who wil get used to power level the hunter, so on and so forth. Need to unlock berserker and behemoth for titan.

Finished Fallout 4 via the Minutemen ending, destroying the Brotherhood and Insitute in the process. Almost destroyed the Railroad through the Institute first but changed my mind. Also played through the Far Harbour DLC a few days ago, which might I add I enjoyed more than the base game's campaign. Will be playing through the other DLCs at a later date.

Finished Fallout 4 via the Minutemen ending,
You're not done yet. I hear there's a settlement on the map that needs your help.... ;)

Anyway.

Pokemon Scarlet: Took on the Psychic Gym in Alfornada. It was really funny seeing Zoroark's emote gestures during the Gym Trial (and judging by levels I should've done this before Glaceado -- oh well!). Turns out that using Quick Battle doesn't deduct PP from any moves, so I will definitely be using that more often....

As for the Gym Leader battle? Farigiraf couldn't really scratch Corviknight, so three Hone Claws followed by some Power Trips swept off half her team, at least under Gardevoir came out but Zoroark finished that one off in one more turn. Florges, meanwhile, went for STAB Moonblast over (Tera STAB) Psychic so there goes my fox again but in doing so proved itself to be slower, which meant my Meowscarada cleaned up very nicely.

Where to next...? Apparently the Fighting base is Lv.55+ while the Fairy base is only Lv.45+ (based on the battles vs. guards), so I think I'll be storming that one next. I don't know the level of the final Gym (probably Lv.55+) but we'll get there when we get there.

Just played a bit of Tetris Effect on the Nintendo Switch. I personally feel more calm after playing it. I also had lots of fun playing it because it just gave me time to think about random things while also having fun with the sort of puzzles. I’m terrible at Tetris. I’m nowhere near as good as so many other people. But I do find Tetris to be fun and relaxing and isn’t that what video games are all about?

Pokemon Shuffle but it's kinda rough. The Hearts System cooldown is insane.
For a long time this was my "play during lunch hour" game, in part because of that cooldown. I farmed stage 38 (Meowth) all the time to ensure I had at least 2500 coins for a Great Ball after a difficult stage (especially if I needed items like Complexity-1 to actually beat it, in which event a single Great Ball is analogous to two successful runs under the same conditions). I eventually beat all levels except for the final Expert level (Primal Kyogre I think it was?).

Back
Top Bottom