• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What video games were you thinking of buying?

Black Rabbit
Reaction score
My Hero One's Justice 2, specifically the Switch version. It comes out on Friday so I'll either pick it up that day or Saturday depending on my schedule, which is why I didn't bother to pre-order it. (still salty that Yo and Neito aren't playable, but at least Mina and Minoru are this time)

"The Purest Excitement"
Reaction score
Thinking about buying Catherine: Full Body on PS4 (already out) . Do not know why at this point but the game looks interesting and maybe kinda fun.

To all children of the world - congratulations.
Reaction score
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS)

Petals For Armor
Reaction score
Thinking of buying FFIX and Starlink: Battle for Atlas while they're still on sale. I've heard good things about both.

When it comes time for me to buy a full-price AAA game, I'll probably pick up one of Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain, TLOZ: Link's Awakening remake, NSMBUD, or Animal Crossing. Whichever one it is depends on how I feel at the time.

Standing Out
Reaction score
I'm thinking about Indivisible, but at the same time I'm also not really sure about it, because I've seen mixed comments as well as not actually being entirely sure what kind of game it is.

Also thinking about and quite likely to acquire Jak II

Always helping Fatima
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Want it but it's not a easy game to download at 100GB+(with DLC)

Last edited:
how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
i was considering getting bayonetta 2... i'm still unsure if it's my type of game, really. i enjoyed devil may cry, so maybe this would be similar? also unsure if i need to play the original to enjoy the second game.

Standing Out
Reaction score
i was considering getting bayonetta 2... i'm still unsure if it's my type of game, really. i enjoyed devil may cry, so maybe this would be similar? also unsure if i need to play the original to enjoy the second game.
I've personally never played DMC, but from what I've seen they're very similar types of hack and slash gameplay.
I would say that you definitely need to at least know what happens during the first game to properly follow the story of the second, but as I recall the story is also not very long, so looking up a cutscene movie or something should be sufficient. Also I'm pretty sure there's a Bayo 1 & 2 bundle you can buy for not too much more than the second game is on its own, so that's something you could do.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I really would like to get Persona 4 Golden someday when it is financially viable for me.

I'm hoping that it gets a console release in the meantime, because I don't want to play it on PC.

Lord of Darkness
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the next DLC for Planet Zoo to be revealed/released so I can buy it on Steam. I have a feeling it's going to be themed around Oceania/Australia.

I'm also considering pre-ordering Digimon survive, assuming it will still come for the Nintendo Switch.

disgusting.
Reaction score
I'm waiting for wednesday's street fighter 5 season 5 reveal before I make any decisions, but it's either that or finally pre ordering the tony hawk remake.