• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

After getting a Wii U with Mario 3D World and Nintendoland for Christmas, and buying Smash Bros, I'm thinking of buying some other games for it (not necessarily now, but sometime in the future). Right now, I think I'd really enjoy Pikmin 3 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze as well (before it comes up, I don't like Mario Kart).

What are your guys' thoughts on those games, and are there any others you'd recommend for a new Wii U owner?

I'm planning to get Disney Infinity 2.0 (Toy Box starter set), and hopefully get another figurine, of either Tinker Bell, Hiro Hamada, or Gamora.

I'm hoping they include Vidia from the Disney Fairies in a future release.

I think I'm gonna finally dip my toes into the Mega Man series and try out one of the original NES games. Not exactly sure which one yet, though.

What are your guys' thoughts on those games, and are there any others you'd recommend for a new Wii U owner?

I don't know much about Pikmin 3 or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, but for what it's worth I quite enjoyed the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Other Wii U games I enjoy playing are Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Lego City Undercover (and Super Mario 3D World, but you already have that). And don't forget all the Wii games you can also play!

Last edited:
I'd never even considered Lego City. I'll give it a look!

I think I'm gonna finally dip my toes into the Mega Man series and try out one of the original NES games. Not exactly sure which one yet, though.

I've only played Mega Man 2 and 3, but both of those are fantastic. I think that 3 has much more content, so it a better deal, and I personally find it more fun and interesting to play between the two. For a first game, though, I think 2 would be better, solely because of the easier difficulty option. I think that 3 (or 2's hard mode, for that matter) would be too frustrating for a first experience. I'd suggest playing through 2's easier mode, and then you'll have much easier time playing the other games once you've got a feel for its gameplay (I sure did!).

And I personally haven't played it, but don't get Mega Man 1. It's supposed to be the hardest and most frustrating of the classic series, so it'd probably put you off of it if jt was your first.

I've been thinking of picking up Eternal Sonata, since my local Gamestop has it. They also have a copy of The Guided Fate Paradox that looks interesting.

I've just been gifted a Wii U so i'm very interested in buying Super Mario Bros and one of the Zelda titles for it.

I've only played Mega Man 2 and 3, but both of those are fantastic. I think that 3 has much more content, so it a better deal, and I personally find it more fun and interesting to play between the two. For a first game, though, I think 2 would be better, solely because of the easier difficulty option. I think that 3 (or 2's hard mode, for that matter) would be too frustrating for a first experience. I'd suggest playing through 2's easier mode, and then you'll have much easier time playing the other games once you've got a feel for its gameplay (I sure did!).

And I personally haven't played it, but don't get Mega Man 1. It's supposed to be the hardest and most frustrating of the classic series, so it'd probably put you off of it if jt was your first.

Yeah, after reading your post and some other comments around the Internet I think I'm gonna start with Mega Man 2. Thanks a lot for the comment! :)

I've been looking forward to purchasing Pokemon Y for a while now and just recently got a Nintendo 2DS for Christmas, so I believe the time is near for me to finally play the "new" games everyone is talking about!
I can't decide now though whether to purchase/play Y or Alpha Sapphire first though, since I don't have either yet.

Will be lookin' forward to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I'll pick one up each for my myself and my brother.

My brother is such an MH fanatic >.>

Although that next-gen Grand Theft Auto looks pretty good too... :/

Fire Emblem: Awakening
...mostly thanks to the new FE game announced a few days ago. There are just a couple things stopping me:
I'm currently saving up for a Wii U, and I'd like to be sure I have enough money for Tales of Zestiria, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Zelda Wii U. (Not to mention I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else until I bought a Wii U)
I already have another 3DS game I've ignored since I ordered it almost an ENTIRE YEAR AGO that I really need to start playing.

Still, though, from what I've played of the demo, FE: A seems like it could be a good game. And if I wait any longer, it could become really pricey even online...

I'm looking into buying PS/PS2 RPG lots and some complete in box games (currently looking at Golden Sun.)

I think I'll just make a list of games that I have been thinking about buying at some point. Note that not all of them are games that I plan to get for sure (though some are), but are merely some that I have been considering.

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem: Awakening
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Super Smash Bros. U
Hyrule Warriors
Baldur's Gate I & II
Icewind Dale I & II
Divinity: Original Sin
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Halo: Reach
Fable II
Shovel Knight
Doom trilogy (possibly HD release)

...along with others, but these are my top choices.

Last edited:
Maybe Earthbound download on WiiU. Never played it before but almost every one tells me its great.

Story of Seasons
Etrian Mystery Dungeon

Are the two games that currently have my interest.

Etrian Odyssey 4?
The whole mapping out the dungeon by yourself sounds like a very nice idea, something that can be fun. And it's another RPG, too, so that's good also.

Etrian Odyssey 4?
The whole mapping out the dungeon by yourself sounds like a very nice idea, something that can be fun. And it's another RPG, too, so that's good also.

Well, if you're interested in a good old-fashioned JRPG, then you'll certianlly find one.

Anyway... Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and maybe Majora's Mask 3d. That's about all I can really think of...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom