• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

Chibster

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
This thread pretty much meets in the middle of "Recent Gaming Purchases" and "Future Games You are Looking Forward To". In this thread, you can discuss any video game, new or old, that you have been thinking of buying. If it's rare, discuss its prices and how you will attempt to purchase it!

I've been wanting to buy Chrono Trigger(SNES) for such a long time. I have an SNES, but I never had any of the "rare" games. I should have bought Chrono Trigger earlier, because the price pretty much goes up every year(it's currently around $70-$80!) The only time I could buy games with such a price tag would be my birthday. My birthday is pretty much when I buy a lot of games I've been wanting. XD

Last edited:
There's a lot I want to buy to fill up my library of 3DS and Wii U games, but I don't have the time to get due to financial and schedule issues. The ones I want on the top of my head are Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Country Tropical Freeze, A Link Between Worlds, Batman: Arkham City, Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

-Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
-Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Used)
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-Super Mario 3D World

But alas, it's not all at once. Slowly through the year, for me.

I've been recently thinking about buying Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3.

Oh, if only I had the money to buy all the things I want to buy... !!!

The biggest titles currently on my list are Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn, Bravely Default: Collector's Edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and the Uncharted series.

Considering that Ike is one of my favorite characters to use in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it just seems weird to me that I have yet to play a game from his franchise with him as a main character--afaik Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn are the only Fire Emblem games with him as a main character. I've only just started my first Fire Emblem game, however (recently got a copy of Awakening), and since those two games are pretty expensive (a used copy of either game complete w/ original case & instruction manual is about USD$70-80 on Amazon last time I checked) and much more difficult than Awakening from what I've heard, I'm gonna give Awakening a try first before making the financial plunge for these games.

I'm still on the fence about owning a copy of Bravely Default, let alone a collector's edition of the game (even though it has a different story from the main game, the demo was a major turn-off for me), but if I ever decide to get a copy of this game, I would want the collector's edition mostly for those amazing-looking AR cards. I know the AR cards from the collector's edition has been uploaded online already, but... I just really like owning collector's/special/deluxe/etc. editions. XD But again, first I have to figure out if I even want Bravely Default to begin with.

And speaking of: Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've watched a few playthrough videos of Metroid Prime before, and while I thought the playthroughs were interesting, I wasn't completely sold on the gameplay, so this is another game I'm not sure about owning at all, let alone the collector's edition. I know I can get a "used" non-steelbook edition from GameStop for about USD$50, but on a good day I can find a used complete steelbook set for around USD$70 on Amazon, so we'll see about that.

And I heard a lot about the Uncharted series, and although I don't usually play action-adventure games of this kind, I've seen playthroughs of the first game and it looks really interesting. The games themselves are cheap, BUT I would first need to buy a PS3, which is still a bit out of my price range right now, and considering I also want a Wii U, they're gonna have to duke it out. (I also want to try out other PS3 games, btw; I wouldn't buy the console JUST for those games. XD)

Dark Souls II, but first I need to buy a GPU to properly run the game on my PC. I am also considering Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, but I am not sure if I want to buy another 3DS (I sold my first one after being disappointed with XY) and pay the price Nintendo will charge for the game (most likely $40 and even more expensive where I live). Steam spoiled me. Oh, besides those two games, I plan to buy Hotline Miami 2 when it is released too. The first game was amazing!

Oh, if only I had the money to buy all the things I want to buy... !!!

The biggest titles currently on my list are Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn, Bravely Default: Collector's Edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and the Uncharted series.

Considering that Ike is one of my favorite characters to use in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it just seems weird to me that I have yet to play a game from his franchise with him as a main character--afaik Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn are the only Fire Emblem games with him as a main character. I've only just started my first Fire Emblem game, however (recently got a copy of Awakening), and since those two games are pretty expensive (a used copy of either game complete w/ original case & instruction manual is about USD$70-80 on Amazon last time I checked) and much more difficult than Awakening from what I've heard, I'm gonna give Awakening a try first before making the financial plunge for these games.

I'm still on the fence about owning a copy of Bravely Default, let alone a collector's edition of the game (even though it has a different story from the main game, the demo was a major turn-off for me), but if I ever decide to get a copy of this game, I would want the collector's edition mostly for those amazing-looking AR cards. I know the AR cards from the collector's edition has been uploaded online already, but... I just really like owning collector's/special/deluxe/etc. editions. XD But again, first I have to figure out if I even want Bravely Default to begin with.

And speaking of: Metroid Prime Trilogy. I've watched a few playthrough videos of Metroid Prime before, and while I thought the playthroughs were interesting, I wasn't completely sold on the gameplay, so this is another game I'm not sure about owning at all, let alone the collector's edition. I know I can get a "used" non-steelbook edition from GameStop for about USD$50, but on a good day I can find a used complete steelbook set for around USD$70 on Amazon, so we'll see about that.

And I heard a lot about the Uncharted series, and although I don't usually play action-adventure games of this kind, I've seen playthroughs of the first game and it looks really interesting. The games themselves are cheap, BUT I would first need to buy a PS3, which is still a bit out of my price range right now, and considering I also want a Wii U, they're gonna have to duke it out. (I also want to try out other PS3 games, btw; I wouldn't buy the console JUST for those games. XD)

I didn't like the demo for Bravely Default, either! I think I'll pass on this game, until I feel like buying it one day. I LOVED Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn! In fact, the Tellius series(the continent where the two games take place) happens to be my favorite. My friend got me into Ike after she brought in the Path of Radiance guide to school a long time ago and I was like: *blush blush* XD The music for both games are really great, Radiant Dawn re-uses a few songs. I would say they are more difficult compared to Awakening(Hard mode in Awakening is nothing like Hard Mode in these games..) I really recommend them, but I'm surprised with how expensive they got!

Anyways, I've been thinking of getting into the Phoenix Wright series. For a while now, actually. I've been watching the games sold as a lot on Ebay. I'll have to wait until this July to buy Dual Destinies. I put my real birth date year for my Nintendo Network ID, so now I can't buy Dual Destinies until I turn 17(it's rated M). -_- I also still want to buy Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3. I think I'll try looking for it at GameStop today.

I've considered buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Bravely Default, but I have other expenses to take care of first. I also need to try out the demo to see if I like it for myself, and not because people are hyping about it. I do like some JRPGs though.

I loved playing Uncharted 2 and 3, but yes, I wouldn't buy a system for one game. Pokemon X/Y is different, however!

I really want to try out Kingdom Hearts. I also want to buy Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. And I want to try the Metroid Prime series. Also Yoshi's New Island and DK: Tropical Freeze. So many. Too many.

Been really tempted to buy the HD remaster of final fantasy 10 + 10-2 the last time I went to EB Games. Probably will buy it the next time I see it since I've been wanting an final fantasy on my PS3 and the FF13 series is crap.

I've been looking for Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission for a decent price for a few years now. I'm amazed how much people are charging for it online.

Once I have the money, I'm hoping to get a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. I've heard too many good things about it to resist, I just need the funds and the time to lose playing it!

Hoping to nab the Halo games I'm missing, and round off the rest of Mass Effect as well.

Bravely Default. Everywhere is going crazy over it, but I don't know!

Once I have the money, I'm hoping to get a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. I've heard too many good things about it to resist, I just need the funds and the time to lose playing it!

It's a great game. I do recommend it (even if I have yet to finish it almost a year later, but then again, I suck at finishing games that aren't Pokemon these days).

Thinking of getting an US 3DS for Rune Factory 4. So disappointed about the European release being cancelled.

One of them would probably have to be Virtue's Last Reward.
It apparently has a really good story, along with 999, which I'm playing now.
It all depends on how much I end up liking 999, though. But so far, I'm enjoying that. I just hope that by the time I decide to buy VLR, I can at least find a copy online.=/

As soon as I'm certain that the PS4's driven the price down as much as it can, I'm scooping up a used PS3 and the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom