• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

Now that Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright's NA release date was announced during E3, I am now planning on pre-ordering that. Since my birthday is coming up in July, I also want to buy:
-PWAA: Trials and Tribulations
-PWAA-Justice for All
-Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
-Dual Destinies (I have like $19 on the e-shop, so I'll just need to transfer about $13 to cover the full price with tax)

I'll buy the older games on Amazon and pre-order PL vs PW at my local Gamestop. Those are for the summer months.

Later on..
-Alpha Sapphire
-possibly Wii U
-SSB if I have the Wii U by then

Well Smash 3ds was going to be my big summer game......

However since that was bumped I was thinking about grabbing Animal Crossing New Leaf, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and for my Wii U Mario Kart 8 before that Club Nintendo deal ends.

By god my wallet is going to be empty ;_;

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition is going to be on sale for Steam for at least another ~24 hours, so I may or may not own this game by the end of the day.

Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3. I've wanted it for a while, but never actually went and bought it :u
I have the money now and it's only $40 on Amazon, so I'll probably get it today or tomorrow.

I'll be getting Super Smash Bros for both 3DS and Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Hyrule Warriors and Mass Effect 3

I'm basically going to make a pact with the devil to get the money for these games since outside of the last one they all release around the same time I think.

-Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
-Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
-Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
-Hyrule Warriors (debating on that)

I wanna try to get a copy of Fire Emblem 12 even if it is only available in Japanese. Heard good things about it.

I am trying to track down Okamiden but I can't find one for the life of me that I'm certian will run on a New Zealand DS.:bawl: The fact that the only online auction site I use is Trade Me may be a factor, but that's besides the point.

I am trying to track down Okamiden but I can't find one for the life of me that I'm certian will run on a New Zealand DS.:bawl:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Okamiden does not have DSi-enhanced features, which means you should be able to buy the game from any region and it will work on your DS.

Unless you mean you're looking for a legit copy in general and not a bootleg, in which case... I can't help you. XD

I just finished all three of the original Crash Bandicoot games, and by golly they were fun as hell! I am really tempted to get Crash Team Racing and see what that is like. I am also looking at getting games from the Spyro series. Probably the number one game I want to get is Lomax in Lemmingland. I am a huge fan of the original Lemmings and I want to see how it fares well as a platformer.

I want to get Radiant Dawn, even though it is so expensive. I have a Wii to play it on, and it looks fun as heck. I've heard bad things about the Dawn Brigade, though, so it might not be worth it...

Also, if it counts, I'm thinking about ORAS and SSB4.

I want to get Radiant Dawn, even though it is so expensive. I have a Wii to play it on, and it looks fun as heck. I've heard bad things about the Dawn Brigade, though, so it might not be worth it...

Also, if it counts, I'm thinking about ORAS and SSB4.

It's a little difficult using the Dawn Brigade at first, but I liked them! For me, Micaiah was kind of hard to level up; you'd have to feed her kills to help her. But RD was really good! The music, art, graphics were all really good!

This is my list right now and I think I will buy the first 2 and pre-order the 3rd one on the list very soon:

AA Phoenix Wright:Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney I'll save these for later!
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Xenoblade Chronicles

Wii U, most likely the limited edition Wind Waker version
SSB

So much money...

Last edited:
I can't really think of anything right now besides Okamiden.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now:

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Xenoblade Chronicles

Wii U
SSB Wii U

One of my friend's is giving me a late birthday gift, since she was away. I'll be able to use the gift card she gives me to purchase Alpha Sapphire or Xenoblade Chronicles.

Oh and once I get my new school id, I'm thinking of going to Gamestop and legally purchasing a few M-rated games I've thought about getting (games from the SMT series or No More Heroes, for example).

Last edited:
Now that I have a Wii U, I want a lot of games... I really should finish my back log first, huh? :(

Earthbound
Hyrule Warriors
Super Mario 3D World
Zombi U
, but I'm gonna try out the demo first
Wii Sports Club 'cause my nephew likes bowling
New Super Luigi U so that my nephew can play as Nabbit and not die as easily
Maybe Nintendo Land and/or Wii Party U for general shenanigans when I babysit my niece & nephew

I think I'll wait for Black Friday/holidays sales though, since I don't really need any of these games right now. Well, maybe New Super Luigi U, but we'll see.

I'm thinking of getting FE:awakening and A Link Between Worlds. But they're not at the top of my list.

Right now I am really considering buying Sonic Colors. This will be my first Sonic game since '06 (that game, along with Sonic Genesis, nearly killed the series for me), but after looking at some LPs and playthroughs on YouTube, I see this game goes back to Sonic's roots as a fun, speed-through game without all the drama and BS that Shadow the Hedgehog and '06 tried to bring. If this game is good and controls well, I may just be looking into getting Sonic Generations, too.

My brother's 30 day trial of PS Plus is going to expire soon, so I was thinking of downloading one of the free games of the month (Dust: An Elysian Tail).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom