• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

Horizon Zero Dawn
World of Final Fantasy
Bloodborne
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
(I know there's a trilogy version but I already have Metroid Prime 3)
Bayonetta
Kirby Planet Robobot

I've tried the Ever Oasis demo last night and it seems like a decent game that I don't mind trying. However, I predict it's also a game that will become used, so I think that's the best course of action.

There are some 3DS gems that I would like to play if I can get the chance to, namely Kirby: Planet Robobot and ByeBye BoxBoy!, and the only Wii U game that I am interested in at this point is the #TMS game, due to hearing some good things about it.

Thank you for reading.

Ark Survival. I have no idea what its about but my coworkers want me to play with them.

Utawaremono(PS Vita)
I saw the anime of that a few years ago, and I found it hard to follow. I only watched it because I learned through TV Tropes that a plot twist was similar to one in a game I liked.

Anyway, I sort of want to play Star Fox Assault because no-one ever talks about that game, but I saw a joke review of it once, and it made me interested. Or maybe pick up some random Wii game, hoping it's a hidden gem.

I've been thinking about getting Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the Switch when it releases. Part of it is because I've been getting back into Dragon Ball and it looks nice. The other reason is because I sympathize with people wanting Fighter Z on Switch and want to get Xenoverse to show Bandai Namco support, because they're essentially blackmailing people. Except I personally don't care for Fighter Z, I just want Xenoverse 2.

Not happy about the price though. It's "supposed" to have a discount, but my listings have it priced higher than the PS4 and XBO releases. It doesn't have any extras either, from what I can tell. Unless you count motion controls, but I don't use those.

I sort of want to get Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but I already know the entire plot, I've recently beaten Robobot, and I don't want to go through a Kirby burnout.

Also, I was browsing the Nintendo UK website and discovered Monster Hunter Stories. I've never played a Monster Hunter game, but it interests me.

I've been thinking of getting the two Senran Kagura games on Nintendo 3DS. I hear they're pretty good beat 'em up games with a surprising amount of plot for the fanservice it offers on the surface.
I sort of want to get Kirby: Triple Deluxe, but I already know the entire plot, I've recently beaten Robobot, and I don't want to go through a Kirby burnout.
To be honest, you're not gonna miss much - just a couple of abilities, really, and the sub-games outside of the Arenas can be bought on their own if you really wanted to try them! Kirby Planet Robobot is easily the better of the two games in my opinion.
The Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack.
Man, if only I had a Shovel Knight amiibo... It would be so fun to use with this!

I've been thinking of getting the two Senran Kagura games on Nintendo 3DS. I hear they're pretty good beat 'em up games with a surprising amount of plot for the fanservice it offers on the surface.
Eh if you want to do a Senran Kagura game Id say go with the ones on the Vita or the PS4. The 3DS games arent bad but they are slower and more arcadey then the Sony games.

Eh if you want to do a Senran Kagura game Id say go with the ones on the Vita or the PS4. The 3DS games arent bad but they are slower and more arcadey then the Sony games.
Well, here's the issue. I don't have either of those systems. And I've heard the majority of the games outside of the 3DS actually focus more on the fanservice side of things, and while I am but a simple man with simple carnal desires, I'm honestly intrigued by the mere prospect of a serious game underneath all the literal layers.

Those are my reasons for why I'm getting the 3DS games. As for their arcade nature, I don't mind - I'm used to that sort of game.

@TouyaShiro I can understand wanting a good game outside of all the fanservice. The Sony games are a lot bolder in that aspect then the 3DS games. I know I probably sound pretty meh about the 3DS entry but it actually had the plotline I enjoyed the most out of the series. Plus its got what I'm pretty sure is the only playable male fighter in the series? Granted he is a paid DLC fighter but still pretty cool. If you get them you'll have to let us know what you think!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom