• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the best team you have ever had on any Pokémon games?

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
The title says it all.
For me, I’d say this is probs my best (or one of the best) team in BW (I played Black and White, don’t have the sequels yet; this is Black version):
  • Pignite (really close to evolving) (starter as well as part of the OG 3)
  • Stoutland (the strongest on the team) (one of my first catches and part of the OG 3)
  • Watchog (one of my first catches and part of the OG three)
  • Deerling (no clue when it evolves)
  • Foongus (no clue when it evolves)
  • Don’t remember what the last member was Swoobat (named Banana)
This team is about in their 20s-30s, one of the members is level 15 and another is 12, no clue who these preteen/teenage Pokémon are

Edit as of almost 8 in the morning: I guess I left out my multi-game Swoobat, Banana (It’s also in Shield as my main member, level 60s-70s)
Another edit: I legit remembered Banana after I opened up a note in Notes that has my entire team; in that Note, I realized 4/6 of my team is Male and 4/6 (half male, half female) has been nicknamed

In recent memory, I think the singleplayer team that I'm the most proud of was in Platinum a few years ago:
  • Empoleon ("Linux")
  • Gliscor ("Blade")
  • Electivire ("Cliff")
  • Magmortar ("Waysten")
  • Gardevoir ("Coco")
No sixth party member; I balanced my type coverage well enough that I managed to get by with just five. This playthrough was just really fun, and I ended up transferring this team up to the current gen to see them in all their glory.

My best multiplayer/competitive team was probably from back in Gen 5, when I was really into Triple Battles on the Battle Spot. I would always use the same combination of Wailord, Weezing, and Weavile — it doesn't sound great on paper, but I remember this setup used to really throw people off and I won a lot of battles that way. Nowadays I really miss those three, since I'm not sure where they are now... once I moved on to Gen 6's Triples, I started experimenting with a lot of different teams (though my best ones always included Sylveon).

That’s cool! I never got Platinum sadly but I wish I did.
My current team in Scarlet is this (not the best, but one of the best):
  • Floragato (I would’ve named it Cherry, had I gotten a female Sprigatito)
  • Talonflame (recent evolution)
  • Jumpluff
  • Azumarill
  • Masquerain
  • Ampharos
I have Pokémon from FOUR different regions (all caught in Paldea, but originated from 4 different regions); half is Johto, 1/6 is Paldea (starter), 1/6 is Kalos, and 1/6 is Hoenn. Everyone has all fully evolved except my starter and I also have a type balance.
Like Black and White, all of the Pokémon on my team have evolved except my starter (I have not played in like a long time, I guess last May is the last I played, but I don’t remember all their exact levels; I did get videos of their evolutions on the Switch though)

My X team is similar to that
Delphox, Charizard (who can Mega, and yay I’ve got Alain’s Charizard), Tyrantrum, Lucario (it can also Mega) Talonflame, and Xerneas
Wow half our teams are the same and so is the game they originated from lol
I’ll try to take on the Elite Four but I may need help with it and I don’t remember what moves they have lol
I know Xerneas has Geomancy, Talonflame has Fly (so does Charizard probably in case I do not use Talonflame), Delphox has Mystical Fire, Lapras has Surf, and Lucario has Power Up Punch

I had the most fun with my Platinum team, with Torterra, Staraptor, Rotom, Gallade, Gyarados, and Weavile.

I remember putting serious thought into my B&W2 team. I had every inch covered but I can't remember them that well.. it's been a long time??

i never put much thought into team composition until this year, really, and i would like to say i'm proud of my violet team:
  • dragapult
  • corviknight
  • armarouge
  • meowscarada
  • iron valiant
  • clodsire
yeah, i know i know. fresh outta OU, am i right?
i love them, though. (armarouge and corviknight are getting the curb once metagross drops, though. not sure who else i'll be letting in afterwards)

Noooo don’t get rid of Armarouge (wait, how did you get Armarouge? Did you trade or use HOME or something?)

(Aaaand I forgot I was the creator of this thread)

Oh, I see! I have a Charcadet in Scarlet (not on my team, so it’s pretty unlikely it’ll evolve anytime soon), a Paldean Wooper, Floragato, Corviknight (although it’s in Shield, I’m sure I might have a Rookidee in Scarlet, tho)

there are two teams that immediately come to mind for my best teams. one was for moon and the other was for shield. they were both ready for ANYTHING and i dont know how i did it outside of being lucky xD

for moon my team was:
  • bubblegum the primarina
  • pop rocks the magnezone
  • macho the machoke (first time ive ever actually used an in-game trade mon! he has no guard so dynamic punch became BROKEN and i have no one to trade with so he will remain a machoke forever :'()
  • piloncillo the pallossand
  • starbursts the lilligant
  • sixlet the golisopod
i used nebby (lunala) in place of piloncillo for some of the endgame story stuff tho :3
and for shield, i actually wound up converting to a full bug team after the 1st or 2nd gym bc there were so many beautiful bugs, i just couldnt resist :jessie::
  • queenie the durant
  • peoni the rimbombee
  • lil' sizzlie the centiskorch
  • holly the scolipede
  • belle the araquanid
  • frankie the vikavolt
and they razed the entirety of galar :bulbaHugs::bulbaLove:

there are two teams that immediately come to mind for my best teams. one was for moon and the other was for shield. they were both ready for ANYTHING and i dont know how i did it outside of being lucky xD

for moon my team was:
  • bubblegum the primarina
  • pop rocks the magnezone
  • macho the machoke (first time ive ever actually used an in-game trade mon! he has no guard so dynamic punch became BROKEN and i have no one to trade with so he will remain a machoke forever :'()
  • piloncillo the pallossand
  • starbursts the lilligant
  • sixlet the golisopod
My first Moon starter was Popplio (only got to Brionne iirc). I like the name Bubblegum, I’m assuming you named it after an Animal Crossing song (it’s one of my favorite ones)?
You can trade your Machoke with me (in Moon) if you want! (Of course, then we’d have to trade back after he evolves but at the same time yay I like Machoke)
i used nebby (lunala) in place of piloncillo for some of the endgame story stuff tho :3
I have a Lunala named Nebby!
i actually wound up converting to a full bug team after the 1st or 2nd gym
snaps finger And now you’re a Bug type Gym Leader in the Galar region! ^^

I’m assuming you named it after an Animal Crossing song (it’s one of my favorite ones)
you assume correctly!! its one of my favs too :bulbaLove:! i thought it fit nicely, esp with primarina's singing theme ^_^
I have a Lunala named Nebby!
it felt weird to name it anything else! considering cosmoem was called that for the whole game :3 i almost left it as lunala but was like "wait what am i doing?? nebby, of course!" xD
snaps finger And now you’re a Bug type Gym Leader in the Galar region! ^^
this makes me wanna make an actual OC lol d: ntm shield isnt the only game ive done a bug-only run of >w>...

edit: sorry, forgot to reply to the trade! that would be awesome!!! <3 and you'd be helping me with my living dex too ^_^!

I don't really know, but the only team I can 100% fully remember is my current one from Scarlet. Right nyow, it's:
  • Lucia the Meowscarada
  • Dimitri the Talonflame
  • Melady the Krookodile
  • Shamir the Gardevoir
  • Myrrh the Magnezone
  • Roderick the Toxapex
I was originally planning to get rid of Roderick once I found a Veluza, but I nyever did syo I kept him. And yes, they're all named after random Fire Emblem characters lol

I don't really know, but the only team I can 100% fully remember is my current one from Scarlet. Right nyow, it's:
  • Lucia the Meowscarada
  • Dimitri the Talonflame
  • Melady the Krookodile
  • Shamir the Gardevoir
  • Myrrh the Magnezone
  • Roderick the Toxapex
I was originally planning to get rid of Roderick once I found a Veluza, but I nyever did syo I kept him. And yes, they're all named after random Fire Emblem characters lol
Looks like we have some Pokémon in common (and in the same game, too!) ^^

Back
Top Bottom