• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the first pairing you ever shipped?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
As the title says; what was the first ship you remember supporting, and how long ago was that?

Did you already know what shipping was back then, or was that how you learned of the community? Did the pairing grow on you over time, or was there a specific "moment" for them where it clicked for you? Do you still ship them today, or have you moved on to greener pastures?? Let's hear your nostalgic stories!

Like many others, I'm sure, my introduction to it all was through Pokeshipping and Contestshipping. I'm not quite as invested in either of those pairings now as I was when I was younger, but they do still hold a sentimental place for me.

As far as Pokemon goes, it was Pokeshipping. I feel like, as an adult, I definitely ship them differently now than I did when I was younger, but it's still a ship I really enjoy. Their moments in the older episodes of the anime still give me warm fuzzies.

As far as shipping in general goes, I honestly don't remember if it was Pokeshipping or something else. I feel like I went from not even knowing what shipping was one day to rabid shipper fangirl the next back when I was younger lol. It was a long time ago, to be fair, so my memories of that time are a bit vague.

Rocketshipping back when Kanto was running. I don't quite recall how it happened but at some point at Kanto I decided it felt right (it was popular online as well, of course, which probably influenced me). Seeing the famous panel from the manga adaptation of the anime was a moment.
I still think of it as my main Pokémon ship but and I've made peace with the liklihood it'll never be fully canon in the show itself for various reasons (including the VAs apparently being against it).

Polishipping…. I was in the creepypasta fandom and didn’t really know what Pokémon was and only played pokemon blue. And I saw the creepypasta versions of them and looked for them in actual Pokémon. So I searched up the term “red x gold stories” and stumbled apon a wattpad fan fiction…. Yeah I still remember the look on my face when I read chapter 6 :’)

Preciousmetalshipping. I read one chapter of the Pokespe manga and was like "OMY SILVER X GOLD FOREVEEEEEEERRRRR."

I was ten. Those were the days.

My first was probably PokeShipping. At the time, I wasn't really reading fanfiction or looking at fan-art due to mostly not knowing how to access those sorts of things (didn't have access to forums on account of being pretty young), so while I was invested, it fizzled out eventually when it was clear that wasn't ever going to happen. I didn't really write at the time either, so I never felt particularly compelled to keep that interest alive. What invested me in it was that moment in the second movie where Misty goes out to save Ash.

I stopped watching the anime after I reached the point where the voice actors changed. I was a really picky kid, and I didn't understand at the time why voice actor changes had to happen, so I was pretty stubborn and refused to watch further unless it was one of the movies. By that point, my liking for PokeShipping had gone dormant. I don't think about the pairing very often these days. Beyond the movies, the anime really doesn't interest me enough to have a horse in the shipping race anymore.

I don't really remember but I think it was Pokéshipping or Brock and nurse Joy.

For the games it was Fortuneshipping !

I'm pretty sure it was WikiErrorShipping (Lance/Cynthia). Even though I now mainly ship them with different characters, I still have a soft spot for this ship.

Usually for me, it was just pokemon x pokemon. I'm not a hardcore shipper, per say, but I've seen some ships that were very intriguing. Most of them were just from fanart and occasional fanfiction.

Popplio x Oshawott. I call it Traumashipping because they were both hated when the games were announced and has final forms that everyone grew to like).

Years ago, I was a bit interested in Duskull x Spritzee ship because they have masks on their faces. I liked some fanart of them but that was it.

I don't have much. There's a lot of ships I just found recently like Acerola x Allister and Sprigatito x Litten which I find them to be very platonic.

As the title says; what was the first ship you remember supporting, and how long ago was that?

Did you already know what shipping was back then, or was that how you learned of the community? Did the pairing grow on you over time, or was there a specific "moment" for them where it clicked for you? Do you still ship them today, or have you moved on to greener pastures?? Let's hear your nostalgic stories!

Like many others, I'm sure, my introduction to it all was through Pokeshipping and Contestshipping. I'm not quite as invested in either of those pairings now as I was when I was younger, but they do still hold a sentimental place for me.
my first and favorite to this day has been Burningleafshipping/Luckyshipping. I started to get into it after reading the manga, they just seemed like a really fun and spunky couple to me, but more like a really good friendship kind of relationship. But a ship that's really grown on me as of now is Lillie x Selene (or Nightblossomshipping idk the actual name lmao). I like it for the same reasons I like Luckyshipping. (I know that wasn't part of the queston but I wanted to talk about it lmao)

I've neither have ever been really a shipper at all, nor do I think I will ever be.

Nonetheless, I found myself particularly drawn to Archie x Matt since I played Alpha Sapphire. Matt really exudes bromance vibes, and he's very much as dedicated to his 'bro' Archie as Courtney is to Maxie.

Didn’t know what shipping was until the BW era, but since I didn’t watch the anime in a cronological order I started shipping May and Drew during that time, later I discovered it was called Contestshipping. Their dynamic felt organic to me, loved it!

It was actually GymShipping, and literally only because of a bizarre dream I had one night about a movie trailer advertising Brock and Misty having a baby. :confused:

As soon as I heard "Misty's Song" on Pokémon.com, I immediately converted to PokéShipping without a second thought and stayed that way until Serena showed up close to a decade later.

Before I shifted my focus to the Pokémon main series games, I was once into anipoke since I watched the anime series long ago.

So my first favourite ship was PearlShipping (Ash x Dawn), then soon I got into AdvanceShipping (Ash x May) and AmourShipping (Ash x Serena). Eventually, my focus was then shifted to both BlueAngelShipping (Ash x Lana) and AureliaShipping (Ash x Lillie).

However, over time, I've since quit looking over anipoke stuff and decided to stop supporting Ash Ketchum ships altogether. I've since become more acquainted with the Pokémon main series games. And from there, I've developed an interest in shipping together the male protagonists with the female protagonists.

Up to this day, I've since been a great supporter of GalarShipping (Victor x Gloria). [Honestly, I think GloryWinnerShipping is a much better ship name for them.] And now recently, I'm expressing interest in Florian x Juliana [Well, I suppose I call this SV protagonist ship GreatestTreasureShipping].

Oddly enough I think it was Palletshipping lol. I remember finding the scene where they watched the moon together romantic for some reason. I don't really ship it anymore now I just find my logic as a kid funny. :enzap:

Back
Top Bottom