• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the first pairing you ever shipped?

For Pokémon, strangely Pokeshipping. That all changed when I started watching XY. Amour, always and forever now <3
I shipped Ash and Misty too at one time. In fact, I think I shipped them pretty hard for a while. Of course, once Serena entered the picture, Pokeshipping, for me and many others, was pretty much dead in the water.

My first shipping of all time was Pokeshipping. I overall enjoy the antics of the original series. I’ve sort of tried to stay away from anime shipping now and more focus on shipping other characters.

My first game-shipping probably was Kris and Silver. An animation titled “Pokémon Giovanni” by Pedro Araujo showed Kris and Silver married. I thought that it was an utmost interesting pair.

Besides that, it might’ve also been Jasmine and Steven Stone. It might’ve been after that shipping as that ship seemed to inspire me to ship game characters.

Oh it was definitely SommelierShipping (Cilan & Burgundy). Before them I'd never been really big on ships. I was in high school when the Best Wishes anime was airing and I used to record episodes on VHS to bring them to school and watch with my friends during lunch. I think that trope (like bitter rivals, well, on her end) was something that I didn't really enjoy much until then. And Cilan was like one of my top favorites at the time so I craved content. They were how I discovered fanfic now that I think about it :LOL:

i dunno if it really counts because i didn't find out what shipping really was until many, many years later, but i remember being a kid playing through bw and essentially shipping shiroshipping (hilda x bianca, though at the time it was more just...me shipping my own specific vision/version of the player character with bianca before it eventually evolved overtime to me just shipping hilda x bianca). i was still like a younger kid at the time, being around i think 7 when bw released in europe? but gosh the best way i can explain it is that kid me was playing through bw, saw how bianca interacted with the protagonist, and just went "ok i kinda want these two girls to kiss." and then a few years later i started using the internet, and while i never rly was interested in joining in on the pokemon fandom at the time i remember having hilda x bianca fanart as my gmail icon for years.

even if i dont ship it as much as i used to its still one of my favorite pokemon ships, and i think back on my experiences liking the pairing as a kid very fondly. i feel kinda lame that this ship i purely shipped bc i thought the two characters looked good next to each other ingame as a kid has so much sentimental value to me but gosh, i think this ship unironically helped me realize stuff about myself as a kid even when i didnt know the terms to describe it.

as for the first ship i actually participated in fandom spaces/made fan content for...i wanna say it was probably faba x wicke(not sure of the ship name), bc sun and moon was the first pokemon game to really come out after i started drawing and being active online. (though, i'm fairly sure i did also enjoy moonlilyshipping at the time, i just don't remember personally ever making any art of it or even really talking about it with friends.) funnily enough i do still actually have some of my old drawings of these two! i don't ship them much anymore though, but it's still fun to look back on.

My verrrrry first ship was Miakane (Whitney x Jasmine). I remember sneaking in time to write it on paper at school, lol!

But about a year later I got on the Plainhiveshipping train and I've nary looked back.

I don't really watch the anime and hc Ash as aroace, so I don't really ship anything specific to that!

I'm nyot sure... as a really young kid I would usually just do the whole "ship the main character with the most prominent character of the opposite gender because um... romance!!!" thing even if I didn't really care about the ship at all, and by the time I started actually shipping (around 2019 or syo) I had almost certainly found a ship I liked before that. Though if you're wondering what my first ship I can REMEMBER is, it'd definitely be IA/Yuzuki Yukari, followed pretty closely afterwards by Kenshin/Shingen and Ieyasu/Tadakatsu. (Honestly I'd give Vocaloid and Conquest basically all the credit for making me like shipping...)

Back
Top Bottom