• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

Snorlax32

Reaction score
I remember being in second grade when Pokemon Blue and Red came out. The Pokemon craze was just about to hit America and I had Pokemon Blue. "Ash Catches a Pokemon" aired earlier that day for the first time and I wanted to catch a Pokemon so bad. I tried catching a Caterpie just like Ash but I didn't know how yet. (Remember I'm like seven or eight haha) After a few battles I ended up catching a Ratatta. I'll always remember catching my first Pokemon and seeing the Pokeball shake and settle. It was an awesome feeling.

What about you? What was your first Pokemon catch, when was it and what game?

I quite possibly caught one when playing one of my brother's save files, of either Pokemon Yellow or Pokemon Diamond, but it has been a long time so I can't really remember. But when I started playing Crystal on an emulator (my first real Pokemon game) my first catch was a Pidgey. I named her Toko, and will always remember her.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom