• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

Just your average dumpster fire.
Reaction score
The first I ever caught on a game I owned I believe was a Hoothoot on Route 29 in Gold.

The first I ever caught in general was a Zubat in Mt. Moon when I took my cousin's Yellow version without permission haha.

Your will and mine are now as one!
Reaction score
Fletchling, not that it lasted particularly long before being swapped out.

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score
I think it was a Pidgey in Red, but it's hard to remember that far back.

Bonus answer: A Purrloin in White when I got back into the franchise after an 8-year hiatus.

Grass-type enthusiast
Reaction score
A Pidgey in Pokémon Blue, who I've also brought as Pidgeot to the Hall of Fame (and level 100 too).

Lass Amy
Reaction score
Not counting starters... probably a Ratata or Pidgey in Yellow. I remember first encountering Nidorans soon after and thinking how cool they looked.

Hmmm what are these creatures and do I splat them?
Reaction score
Mine was Grubbin in Sheild.... but my switch deleted EVERY ON IT so... I can't rember and that one dosen't count as my pinchy (I nicknamed Grubbin pinchy) will always be on top he had just evolved you cruel cruel world

Reaction score
A Hoothoot in Gold, I think. I remember it was night because I had no idea what Daylight Savings was when that prompt came up at the beginning of the game so I just chose a random time.

Pokémon Fan
Reaction score
I believe it was a Pidgey in Pokemon Yellow.
I do remember my first shiny Pokemon I caught. It was a Caterpie in Pokemon Gold.

Currently, cattle exist.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The Poochyena in AS. It . . . was pretty weak to be honest.

The cold is nigh
Reaction score
I think it was a Poochyena in Emerald way back, but I’m not sure.

I eventually made a running gag out of capturing an uncanny amount of Poochyena just so I could name them complaints on having captured them.

I was a great pet owner, why do you ask?

Reaction score
Sentret in Pokémon Silver. I caught it because I thought it was cute, but didn't use it because it's Normal-type and I was convinced that it was the weakest type.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
It was a Kanto mon since it was Pokémon Blue but I truly have no idea which one. I think it might have been a Pidgey?