• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

Reaction score
Inspired by the "Is your favorite starter the first one you ever picked?" thread. Most of us remember the first starter we ever chose, but can you remember what the first wild Pokemon you ever caught was? And does that Pokemon hold any special significance for you today? Pokemon GO counts too, if you started playing that before the main series!

The first Pokemon I ever caught was a male Rattata in Silver version. I named him Barry. I remember feeling really excited about catching my first Pokemon. Rattata isn't a Pokemon that's particularly special to me now, but I do find its Silver sprite quite nostalgic.

It was Scyther, in Gold - I think. Embarrassingly, it took me until past Goldenrod to figure out that you could scroll sideways through the bag, and so I was baffled at my inability to catch anything prior to that. I only got Scyther in the park because the 'ball' option is presented instead of 'bag' in the Bug-catching Contest.

Ohh man... I wish I could remember 100%. My first game was Blue in the late 1990s which was a long time ago, but I want to say Pidgey! don't remember if I used it on my team at any point or not haha

I'm not entirely sure. I never had a GameBoy myself, but I do vividly remember that a childhood friend allowed me to play one of the Gen 1 games on his GameBoy, and I caught several Diglett in Diglett's Cave. I have no other recollections of catching Pokémon around that time. My first own Pokémon game was Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, and the first Pokémon you capture there is Teddiursa. In the main series my first game was Diamond; I don't remember my first capture in that game but it was likely a Starly or a Bidoof.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom