• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

The first I ever caught on a game I owned I believe was a Hoothoot on Route 29 in Gold.

The first I ever caught in general was a Zubat in Mt. Moon when I took my cousin's Yellow version without permission haha.

I think it was a Pidgey in Red, but it's hard to remember that far back.

Bonus answer: A Purrloin in White when I got back into the franchise after an 8-year hiatus.

Not counting starters... probably a Ratata or Pidgey in Yellow. I remember first encountering Nidorans soon after and thinking how cool they looked.

Mine was Grubbin in Sheild.... but my switch deleted EVERY ON IT so... I can't rember and that one dosen't count as my pinchy (I nicknamed Grubbin pinchy) will always be on top he had just evolved you cruel cruel world

A Hoothoot in Gold, I think. I remember it was night because I had no idea what Daylight Savings was when that prompt came up at the beginning of the game so I just chose a random time.

I believe it was a Pidgey in Pokemon Yellow.
I do remember my first shiny Pokemon I caught. It was a Caterpie in Pokemon Gold.

I think it was a Poochyena in Emerald way back, but I’m not sure.

I eventually made a running gag out of capturing an uncanny amount of Poochyena just so I could name them complaints on having captured them.

I was a great pet owner, why do you ask?

Sentret in Pokémon Silver. I caught it because I thought it was cute, but didn't use it because it's Normal-type and I was convinced that it was the weakest type.

It was a Kanto mon since it was Pokémon Blue but I truly have no idea which one. I think it might have been a Pidgey?

A Rookidee named Pecky that carried me until the 5th gym. I really regret trading it away now.
Corviknight named Pecky, English, OT PokéGal0224. Tell me if you have it!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom