• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Reaction score
Restarting DBZ so I can get back into it.

Currently episode 5 only :3

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Erased, episode 6. I was half-right - the episode wasn't quite as decisive as I expected, but the first really noticeable crack in the story shows up here

Itadakimasu!
Reaction score
I'm re-watching Inuyasha because I still haven't seen any of The Final Act episodes. I watched episodes 1-23

ケロケロ
Reaction score
I finished watching Chihayafuru the other day. That wasn't quite a large enough dosage of karuta for me though, so I also knocked out season 2 right after. 50 episodes of extreme poetry, and I wasn't bored for a single minute of it! I guess I'll summarize my thoughts after watching:

The characters were of course the strong point of this show, with most of the main cast being pleasantly diverse and dynamic. My one gripe with the whole thing would be that while season 1 built up the romance subplot, season 2 sort of pushed it to the side to focus more on the game itself. While I wouldn't say I disliked the karuta focus, I think this could have been better balanced. There was also time taken out to show the backstory of pretty much every minor character, and while I love good ensemble casts, a lot of it felt inconsequential, and I think that time could have been better used to finish some of the half-developments of the main cast. Despite the minor gripes, I think it was still a great watch, and managing to take something as seemingly silly as competitive karuta and paint it in a light that most people would find engaging is an accomplishment. If I were to score Chihayafuru as a whole, I would say 8/10.

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
Got back into watching Gintama, finally.

edit: Decided to start Rurouni Kenshin today.

Last edited: