• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Vento Aureo episode 1 (Japanese, no English subs)

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Cells at Work, episode 1 - I suspect this never had much of a budget, and the humour could stand to be sharper, but still a fun way to kill twenty minutes

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Chio's Road to School, episode 1 - funny enough to be a wind-down anime this season, no problem

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Ongaku Shoujo, episode 1 - Ehhhh, not liking this one. The main character, despite being dumber than a sack of bricks, is relentlessly shilled by every single person who lays eyes on her, is magically talented at dancing and choreography, and everybody seems to love her even though she can't sing. But THANK GOD ITS STILL BETTER THAN THE CRAPPY OVA!!!!!

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Harukana Receive, episode 2. The writing's still dumb, and it didn't take long for the T+A "jokes" to come out of the woodwork

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Cells at Work! episode 2. The platelets are downright adorable, but there's no getting away from this as a mediocre fighting anime

A Wolf.
Reaction score
The anime film written by Gen Urobuchi, Expelled from Paradise.

The character artist for this film also did the character art for XenoBlade Chronicles 2 and with it being written Urobuchi I had to give it shot. I thoroughly enjoy it, though I kept seeing XenoBlade.

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
Hanebado, episode 3 - a good old fashioned high school melodrama ... I really wish there wasn't pink-haired princess stereotype in there, though

The Ghost of Tsushima
Reaction score
The entirety of Kill la Kill in an all-night marathon. It's a fun show once you get past the fanservice.