• Hey all! We've started our annual Halloween shenanigans. See details here and here, and be sure to check out our new "Monster Mash" forum skin. Happy Halloween, everyone!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Great Teacher Onizuka. I've been aware of this manga and anime for years now and never really got around to getting to it, I know my dad watched a few episodes of the dub years ago but iirc he didn't really get into it. After watching episode 1 I quite liked it personally, Onizuka is a funny character who's very endearing from what I've seen so far. I felt so bad for him and angry when the delinquent students and Mizuki tried to blackmail him, at least he got back at the delinquents at the park (with the help of a gang in the area lol). As for Mizuki, while I was still annoyed with her with the stupid stunt she tried to pull, I did get invested in her when she opened up more about her home life to Onizuka, especially about how her parents are essentially cold to each other and there being a "wall" between them and her; it was sweet of him to break down the wall between her parents' room's, though she was being figurative about the wall lol, but he wanted to help so that's all that matters. Apparently she only appears in this episode, so that kinda sucks since I was looking forward to seeing what other antics she might pull, but I guess she was there to establish Onizuka's character. Regardless it was a fun episode, so definitely looking forward to watching more.

Last night I finally completed Eyeshield 21, now I'm thinking of reading the manga to see what didn't get adapted. Now I'm trying to figure out which sports series to watch next, or if I should rewatch one I've already completed (if I do, then it'll either be Prince of Tennis or Kuroko's Basketball first, subbed again for the latter since the dub it recently got is not that good imo); though I'm eyeing both DAYS and Chihayafuru since both were recommended to me on CR. As an aside, for a third series I might watch is either Gasaraki (which my dad seems to enjoy) or Sket Dance (another series I've been aware of for a while but never got around to).

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Demon Slayer. Its an anime that I have wanted to watch, but never got around to, but now I watched the first episode. I think its good and am going to watch it further

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Watched the Umibe no Etranger movie. It's a cute, wholesome BL movie that actually avoids a lot of the common trappings. It helps that the dub is great, has a gay man directing it, and has plenty of LGBT actors involved, too. Buuuuut having read the manga and knowing what she does in the sequel, I can't bring myself to like Sakurako as a character. At all. That being said, I do appreciate that the anime didn't adapt the part where she tries to stab Shun for no real reason.

Reaction score
Watched episodes 2-5 of Great Teacher Onizuka. It seems that students like to try and blackmail/bully Onizuka lol. We're introduced to a new teacher named Fuyutsuki; she's.. okay right now, I liked her somewhat at first when she helped arrange a late interview for a teaching position for Onizuka after he failed the first time, but after he gets the job and knowing he'll be the problem class' teacher, the same class that harassed their previous teachers and made them quit/get fired, she believes the composite photos spread out in the courtyard after knowing him for like, a day? And then she had the nerve to slap him? (long story short, the photos were BDSM and one night stand scandals that didn't happen) No that ruined it for me. And even if they were true, it's his private life, she shouldn't be mad/get jealous of him or shame him, it's none of her damn business. Anyway, at least she finds out from another teacher that they're fake photos, kinda makes her look dumb:rolleyes:; at least she apologizes to him for slapping him and believing the pictures. Well at least another character was introduced, Yoshikawa, I quite like him so far; poor boy has been bullied by a few girls in his class, and it's very harsh bullying at that (which drives him to try and commit suicide twice, luckily both were failed attempts), at least the girls had what's coming to them after Onizuka humiliated them (though they should've gotten harsher punishment imo). Next episode one of the bully's mother comes in, and she looks like a major bitch as well tbh.

Yesterday I got around to watching episodes 1-5 of Gasaraki. First episode was kinda slow, but it starts to pick up a bit by the second, then really picks up at four and five. Lot's of political and military commentary, which I've been liking so far, fleshes out what is happening in the world and expands on it a bit. I've seen people (and even my dad mentioned as well) comparing it to Evangelion, I can kinda somewhat see it with the main character, Yushiro, but he isn't hesitant or whiny like Shinji is (not that it made him a bad character, it's just true). Overall though, I'm liking it way more than Eva.

And I also got around to episodes 1-3 of Chihayafuru. Cute so far, though I was hoping it was an actual sports anime, the key visual for it looked like she was playing ping pong or something, but it's just a card game anime. Like chess, I don't view that as an actual sport, so I felt kind of baited I'll admit. That said, I'm still sticking with it because I like Chihaya so far, and it's a love triangle romance, I'm somewhat a sucker for those.

Ryoma Maser

Writing instead of what I'm supposed to be doing
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him/they.
The anime I've watched over the past week:

CardFight Vanguard overDress Episode 13-Second cour starts and suddenly uploads Monday now, Danji's farewell as he seemingly moves into a new role into the show as a semi-antagonist.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 14-The ships are sailing, Fuuka is back and the PR department head is still stupid even though Kukuru is literally telling him what will happen before they happen and still makes her do it and ends exactly how Kukuru told him it would fail. I really hope whatever plan the new director has for Kukuru comes in soon.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 2-I really don't know why this episodes new patrons were quite literally Romeo and Juliet, just without them killing themselves. But the second half was cute.

Yashahime The Second Act Episode 2-I can't tell if this was filler, a mix of filler and plot progression or something else. But hey, next episode we finally get to learn what happened to Rin and the girls go after her apparently.

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 2-Honestly, while we got the Digivolution this episode, I liked and disliked how they ended the battle with telling Mummymon why is wrong and come to error of his ways but you debuted the next form for basically two minutes and no fight.

Fena Pirate Princess Episode 10-Reaching the show's climax.

Kamen Rider Revice Episode 6 (Wait that's not anime, that's a tokusatsu show!!)

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and Soulburner is in the house baby, whoop whoop! Reached up to when Playmaker and The Shepherd are about to have their first proper duel after poor Shepherd got interrupted.

Reaction score
Earlier today I watched the first two episodes of Record of Ragnarok, and the animation is.. certainly lacking. Character designs, soundtrack, and voice acting are great though, so at least it has that going for it so far. I hear the animation gets better, but I'm not exactly looking forward to "slideshow"-esque scenes, that said I'll give it a chance still (at least it's not Way of the Househusband bad lol). It's getting a second season though, so if it entertains me I'll give the second season a chance as well.

And just now I finished the first two episodes of Sket Dance as well. So, I love how chuuni this show is so far, it reminds me of Gintama a bit with it's humor and eccentric characters. My favorite of the trio is Kazuyoshi so far, I just love how serious he looks but still goes along with the craziness lol, I also like that he speaks through a voice synthesizer on his computer for some reason. So far I'm getting enjoyment out of it, we'll have to see if it beats out Gintama in comedy for me.

Galactic_V

「ゴージャス海賊団の船長、ディマリアン次元を征服する女・・・キャプテンゴージャス・セレナだ」
Reaction score
Just finished reading Rave's Volume 16. Because the anime adaptation was cancelled before the part I'm in, then I see no problem of talking about the manga here. One thing that annoys me the most in Mashima's work (I remember having talked about it before) is that several times a character is presented as a major threat ("He's the strongest from their team", "He's killed over 1000 people by now", "No one has ever defeated him yet", etc etc...), yet the protagonists always find a way to easily defeat them (usually through a combination of luck, as* pull, power of nakama, among others. It happens in every single of his series, countless times, and Rave's no exception.

However something that I really like about his work is that he writes\draws sad\touching scenes really well, that might be a reason why I'm such a fan of his series as a whole (as well as I really like his drawing style, so much that I use it as an inspiration for my own). Reina's death in the end of this tankoubon touched me yet again.

halloween takoyaki

一日一歩
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him, any ok
i still need to watch all of kuroko's basketball, then watch major, then eyeshield 21, then watch ace of diamond, then the 4th season of haikyuu

i have such a backlog of sports anime. it's my favorite genre but i've had not much time....maybe this weekend kamo shirenai

Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of DAYS. I never though I'd get irritated quick in the second episode, this doesn't happen in a sports anime for me even when characters act like an ass lol; so pretty much in the second episode the soccer team are in a training camp and Tsukushi (the MC) gets immediately mocked/laughed at because of his height and how he doesn't look like a member, like what is a soccer player supposed to look like? Anyway it's good so far, though I'm not a big fan of the MC's Pikachu-like cheeks - with those permanent light pink blushes (and it just looks weird when he blushes even more and the red crosses over on them), otherwise I still like him (though not my favorite sports anime MC, he's a bit too goody-goody; I like characters like a snarky/sarcastic Ryoma or a blunt Tetsuya and Haruka more lol).

Also watched episodes 3-4 of Record of Ragnarok. After watching more, it's starting to warm up on me, and some of the worries I had are easing up a bit. Animation is still a bit lacking in some areas, but in others it isn't too bad. I'm still thinking of getting to the manga at some point though, as what I heard from the manga readers the pacing is way off apparently, so I'll look into it at some point then.

Reaction score
Episodes 3-4 of DAYS. 3 was an exciting episode in seeing Tsukushi and his team wipe the floor against their opponents in a mock match, I also like how his team dislikes it when someone else disses on Tsukushi and defends him, then turns around to do the same to him but in a more fun way (like "you can't make fun of or mock him, only we can"); I quite like the antagonistic friendship Tsukushi has with most of the team lol. Episode 4 though.. introduces the worst girl imo; why couldn't they have the MC's childhood friend be the manager instead? Or like, have a girl that isn't straight up mean/rude like Chikako? Tsukushi's best friend is way better and more interesting than this bitch. Ngl, I kinda skipped around this episode cause of her and I don't even do that usually unless something gets on my nerves, and I can just feel her being the tsundere trope (nothing against it personally, I just like it more in guys since it's cuter/better on them usually imo). I really hope she changes soon, cause I might just drop this if she doesn't (which sucks cause otherwise this series is fun so far). Speaking of the female manager trope in sports anime, I'm getting tired of it, more anime/manga in the genre should use male or older female characters in the role instead, I can only think of very few where that is the case (plus it'd be cool to see more older women like Sumire Ryuzaki leading/helping the team, and yes she's a coach but still).

halloween takoyaki

一日一歩
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him, any ok
I watched some more of Kuroko's Basketball.
Seirin is against Touou right now, and it's a pretty good match so far.
Aomine just arrived so I feel like things are going to get worse.
It surprised me that Momoi was so analytical. I feel like she's even more than Riko, even though Riko is shown to be able to have a similar abillity.
I don't know if Seririn can pull off the win, honestly

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Tropical Rouge Pretty Cure episode 31 (Finally, a good Asuka episode!!!)
Let's Make a Mug Too Season 2 episode 3
Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun episode 9

wanderist

Someone. Maybe.
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Yashahime season 2 episode 3
SessRin debate and story debates aside... can we please give poor Rin a break? Poor girl's died like twice before even reaching her teens, has been a target a million times because everyone hates Sesshomaru, now she's stuck in a tree because a psycho lady can't mind her own business.

Also watched one of the new ones, Taisho Otome Fairy Tale. Cute show, got fairly dark-ish at times and hit a feels nerve for me, might be why I liked it. I know it's probably kind of tropey with the tiny cute girl and unneccesarily terrible family, but still.