• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Started watching Initial D a bit ago. I knew about it mainly from the memes and eurobeat mixes (and hearing that T. Stebbins did some tracks for the series I guess, surprising since I mostly know of him through his Touhou music remixes), so I decided to finally give it a chance even though the faces of some characters kind of put me off; though by episode 3 I got used to it, and it isn't as bad in motion. So far it's fun, I'm not really too big into car culture and the street racing/drifting scene as my only true exposure to one was when I went to my first meet with a few friends and my ex-boyfriend to spectate a few years ago here in San Diego, didn't really enjoy it too much mainly cause of the noise and all the smoke from the exhaust, better to watch on video instead tbh; but this series does remind me the fun of spectating it regardless, and at least you don't need to know much, if any, about cars and it's culture to enjoy it. Definitely going to stick with this one for sure, plus I need more sports series to watch anyway, so it's a win for me.

Aside from that, I finished DanMachi season 3 and it's OVA Bath God Forever, now I'm just waiting for season 4 to release which I'm excited for. Also still watching both Magi Kingdom of Magic and Adventure of Sinbad, though I'm almost done with them as well.

Currently watching Initial D Second Stage, Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless, and Wangan Midnight. I'm taking my time on all three this time since after Christmas I've been slightly busier at home, and also I don't want to binge them too quickly; I already did that with the first season of Initial D, and the second season is only 13 episodes so I don't want to end this one just yet lol. For the second anime I think this one is just better to watch every other day or so, it's SoL (surprising for me I know, but it having a male MC and being pretty absurd helps it greatly) and they usually aren't the types to really be binged anyway. And for the third it's similar to my reason for Initial D, it's 26 episodes but I know I'd binge this pretty quick because highway racing in general is just so fun to watch, so this one I really want to take my time with (also as an aside, watch the live action movie; I've seen it a few years ago and rewatching it again last night it's still just as good as I remembered).

Just finished binging Overlord. It's a pretty good show, I like the premise and the characters, but it has one glaring flaw that knocks it down from great to just pretty good: its plot doesn't have a lot of focus and it hasn't really done much to progress the main plot thread and premise.

The whole series is about Ainz, his NPCs, and his hideout being transported to another world and he's trying to reach out and see if there's anyone else from Yggdrasil trapped in this world. And at the end of Season 1, we got a hint that there might be with the World Level Item that brainwashed Shalltear, but two whole seasons after that and that plot thread hasn't progressed at all. Almost makes those 2 seasons feel like filler.

I can excuse Season 3 to a degree because Ainz mentioned in Episode 2 that he might want to take over the world as a means to spread his guild's name out there and hopefully reach another player from Yggdrasil, so in that respect it fits the core premise, but a lot of this stuff with going undercover as a member of the Adventurer's Guild and involving himself in some of the Re-Estize kingdom's affairs has much less to do with that core premise and feels like fluff that distracts from the main plot. Doesn't seem like good writing to me.

Digimon Ghost Game eps 9-12. Episode 10 is not how fighting games work. They're pretty good episodes, though. Even though I've never seen it, from what I've heard about it I think people are on a good track when they say it feels Tamers-y. Most episodes have a darker tone for at least part of the time, a gradual slow-burn buildup of mysteries to ponder, and no real arc-like structure to speak of yet.

The new TV special of the "Case Files of Lord El-Melloi" that came out on New Years.

Man, that hour really flew by. It was fun to return to the world of our favourite goofy magic detective once more, especially since it was anime original content so I was going in fresh like the anime-only's. This special might as well have been called "Case Closed" as shenanigans cause the main character to shrink back to his childhood self but even that won't stop him from trying to prevent a murder.

Finally finished both VRAINS and Kuroko's Basketball last year.

VRAINS is a pretty decent series, not my all time favourite Yu-Gi-Oh series but there's a lot of great characters and moments. That said though, Season Three (or the whole Ai/Roboppy arc) is probably the weakest season but that's mostly because Gallop's production issues finally caught up to them resulting in them ending the show early and leaving the franchise for good. Had that not got in the way I could have seen this going on for longer and having some other stuff thrown into it. It's not all bad though. I do think Ai and Roboppy are pretty fun in their human forms and the final three duels are bangers (especially Soulburner and Revolver's duel).

Kuroko's Basketball might be one of my favourite anime series now too. A fun entertaining basketball series that I really enjoyed... and I'm not even a sports guy so I'm surprised at myself that I was able to watch it all the way through to the end. The Last Game movie was great too with it being a worthy conclusion to the show.

The Last Game movie was great too with it being a worthy conclusion to the show.
I wished it was a bit longer though to add in what was shown in the Extra Game manga, especially Jabberwock's reactions to losing. I did like the change in ending from the manga version though, Taiga leaving feels more realistic in terms of him progressing in his skills to be NBA level and also to see how Tetsuya moves on from his light-shadow mentality of playstyle; plus I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings.

As an aside, I'd recommend reading the manga (there's three, but the third one is just short stories adapted from the LN version of Replace) and maybe watch any of the OVA's and specials; Tip Off especially since it shows Ryota's p.o.v in Teiko and joining the team, and Tetsuya's birthday OVA is just so sweet that I have to recommend it as well.

Yashahime Season Episode 14- After so long, KAGOME AND INUYASHA ARE BACK!! AND AFTER EVEN LONGER!! SHIPPO!!

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 1- Something new to try since nothing was interesting to me this season (why is Winter 2022 so bare?). Kinda interesting though to look into cosplay since that always looks glossed over in the anime anime and the videogame anime, plus a positive look at gyarus in an anime that doesn't look bad. I'm already here for the deadpan reactions and over the top reactions these characters have give.

Slow Loop Episode 1-The cute girls doing cute things show of the season with fishing as the main focus. Though a cool twist which made me more interested is that the two main girls are new step-siblings and fishing is how one of them remember their father as well as how the two bond together which is a good starting point after a lot of the past ones like this.

Completed the first cour of Gate. I've been aware of this series for a while now and have read some of the LN, but haven't gotten around to watching the anime, only getting some screenshots of Tuka Luna Marceau. It's alright, thought it would be a bit better, but aside from the real world military aspect it's just meh; some of the implications about the US and other countries militaries are a bit eyebrow raising, but I'll let it slide since it's fiction (and well, it makes sense for Japan to favor their own military, nothing wrong with that at least lol). Might watch the second cour sometime next week even though CR has all 24 episodes in one tab, but I do want to get back into watching Initial D Second Stage, Wangan Midnight, and Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (still been a bit busy with games and life).

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 13- Real interesting take the series is going Gammamon get's a FOURTH EVOLUTION!! (Seriously poor Ruli & Agoromon, their evolution has been teased so many times and it still hasn't happened to the point the new ending just has it already be there and by the time it happens who knows how it'll go). But this one is like SkullGreymon and it is a Dark/Virus Evolution that changes the Digimon 180 and can be trigger at will it seems outside of the emotional distress. Bokomon has probably been redeemed for those who hated him Frontier. Though I'm worried there's more Adventure series stuff coming into Ghost Game, since we've had Black Tailmon/Gatomon as a mysterious benefactor and now we have Black Agumon near the end, I really don't hope more Adventure characters are coming with Black variants cause we just got free of the Adventure curse.

Last edited:
Slow Loop, episode 2. This is an odd anime. On the one hand you've got that puni plush art style, making high schoolers look a bit like squidgy plushies, plus the kind of cutesy voice acting you'd find in Is The Order a Rabbit? ... but then it's also oddly sincere about grief. Coming from a medium that tends to melodramatise death, this is quite a surprise. I don't really know what to make of it

Police in a Pod Episodes 1 and 2: Another new thing to try, rare to see a police slice of life actually written by a former police officer. The lampshading on everything is hilarious.

Slow Loop Episode 2-I feel like this episode calls out the obsessions other anime present their gimmick as.

Yashahime Episode 15: Kagome, Inuyasha and Shippo are back!!! AHHHHH!!

My Dress Up Darling Episode 2.

My Dress Up Darling, episode 2 - trying to have it both ways. You can't tell me a character is obsessed with an eroge game and also claim she's innocently clueless about how a teenage boy might get hot under the collar over measuring her up for clothes.

Currently watching Mars Red-Set 100 years ago in the past, seems to be about secret vampire agents working for humans to keep tabs on other vampires. Some people apparently do not like the art style...I see nothing wrong with it.

Noblese-Again focusing on a vampire and Frankenstein who serves as a bodyguard/servant for this vampire who is apparently being hunted by a team of baddies so the main character ends up joining a school full of humans and can make it where people remember him always being a student.

Noblese-Again focusing on a vampire and Frankenstein who serves as a bodyguard/servant for this vampire who is apparently being hunted by a team of baddies so the main character ends up joining a school full of humans and can make it where people remember him always being a student.
If you have the time, I'd definitely recommend reading the manhwa. The anime changes quite a lot, even the setting for some reason (which unfortunately changes some of the characters names as a result), and the pacing is sort of fast and awkward, to say the least.

If you have the time, I'd definitely recommend reading the manhwa. The anime changes quite a lot, even the setting for some reason (which unfortunately changes some of the characters names as a result), and the pacing is sort of fast and awkward, to say the least.

I don't really read comics or anime due to being unable to figure out how to read them, but I will try to find the manga online and see about reading it.

Back
Top Bottom