• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i've just begun the beyblade anime! btw they fucking executed a guy's beyblade and also there is a dragon :]

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The usual round of Shaman King, AMAIM, Number24 and the newest addition to the bunch: Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS.

In Sevens's case the second episode was pretty good being a nice introduction to how Rush Duels normally work and in Shaman King's case I'm up to where the manga stuff is adapted and I'm especially enjoying Greg Chun as Matamune. He really nails the calm delivery and even the sadness the character has.

I'll be starting Thermae Romae Novae as well, probably on Wednesday.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Finally finished Healer Girl now that the final episode came out. Ehh...the show was alright, but a little too saccharine and syrupy sweet for my tastes.

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.
I ended up rewatching all of Laid Back Camp today, both Seasons. I didn't watch the OVA's or Room Camp since I didn't really care for them. But hey, ready for the movie now I guess.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I ended up rewatching all of Laid Back Camp today, both Seasons. I didn't watch the OVA's or Room Camp since I didn't really care for them. But hey, ready for the movie now I guess.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Room Camp either, especially the ending. But the rest of the series is great IMO!

Giri

Reaction score
Just completed cowboy bebob
Screenshot_20220619-141749_Gallery.jpg

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Poketoon: Yume no Tsubomi (Still gives me life every time I watch it!)
Digimon Ghost Game episode 30
Ai no Gakkou Cuore Monogatari episode 14

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Same as usual except that I'm really liking Abby Espiritu a lot as Romin Kassidy in SEVENS and I'm most certainly looking forward to any upcoming Romin duels.

Reaction score
Watched episode 1 of Vermeil in Gold. Pretty good start so far, I quite like Vermeil as she's a fun character (and demon characters are just great in general imo), and Lilia is that one very annoying character currently so she might take a while for me to warm up to. The art is also amazing, so I'll certainly be watching this all the way through. I hear the manga is pretty great with good pacing, so I might check that one out too.

I also finally got around to watching Spy x Family. The first episode didn't disappoint luckily, seems to be following the manga closely which is what I was hoping for. Seeing Anya finally animated is nice, she's even cuter here. Now I'm thinking of getting back into reading the manga again after putting it on hold, though I'll probably wait until I finish at least two out of four other series I'm reading.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Finished Case Study of Vanitas, started up Tokyo Mew Mew New. Watched some more of the Spy x Family dub.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Damn, was making my way through Yugioh VRAINS when I just heard that the original creator of the franchise Kazuki Takahashi has passed away.

RIP to a creator who defined my childhood. ;_;7

TwinklingCupcake

Deliciously Sparkly
Reaction score
Tokyo Mew Mew reboot! I love it already, it's such a blast of nostalgia and I feel my middle school days returning with a vengeance.

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
i just finished beyblade v-force last night and i'm so... this is like the third time atleast that beyblade has just taken me the fuck out but this might be the most bizarre occurrence of it and i just need to talk about this so bad because they pulled out the most batshit, completely unforeshadowed when it comes to the character it's about (yet still in character for the season it's in) plot twist i've seen in my goddamn life. and so like after that.. whatever the hell i watch the final episode and i've been trying to wrap my head around it for the whole day because it's just So Fucked when you look at the big picture but they just don't really acknowledge that because they had a whopping one episode to dwell on it.

beyblade is a goddamn trip, man. it seems g-revolution is like way better than v-force though so i've got that to look forward to.

Giri

Reaction score
Has anyone watched Psychopass? The first season was pretty good

Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Shuffle! after years of putting it off. I didn't really like the visual novel of it much, only the music and like one character, Kaede, are the things I liked about it. So far, the anime version is very meh. I only watched the first episode but already I feel the blandness coming back (funnily enough, YouTube clips I watched of this series years ago made it look more interesting and fun); but I did like the prologue OVA, granted it was only eight minutes so not enough to really bore me lol. Regardless I'll stick it out for a few more episodes and see if it really hooks me, at the most I'll stick with it if only for best girl Kaede.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Just got back from a screening of The Deer King. Man, that ANN review wasn't kidding when it said the movie was extremely dense and packed to the brim with plot and characters that are hard to follow. But I still liked it! I may need to rewatch it when it comes out on home video so I can understand it better.

Norzan

Reaction score
Watched Dragon Ball Super Super: Super Hero and i liked it way more than i thought i would. I watched the first trailer when it dropped and i remember being underwhelmed, specially not liking the animation. But maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but it feels like they touched up the animation, making the 3D and 2D blend much better, to the point i actually like its animation.

In terms of plot, it's the usual fare for Dragon Ball, but the best part is that the main characters are Gohan and my man Piccolo. They finally got to do shit and it was amazing. The reason for Goku and Vegeta not showing up to help is kind of silly, but the whole franchise is kind of silly and i'm fine with Goku and Vegeta taking breaks from being main characters, at least for the movies. And if this means Gohan and Piccolo get to do more stuff in the anime and manga, i'm actually excited for the future of this franchise.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Did a little retro anime viewing due to the mood I've been in. Okay, not entirely "retro", but since I've been in a Battle Network mood I watched MegaMan NT Warrior Axess Episode 4: Double Soul for the first time in years.

I really wish it was on DVD, as the episode still contained the little "contest" that aired at the same time as the anime on Kids WB, where the NetNavi-of-the-day would appear onscreen while the episode is playing and you enter its name on their site to win a prize or whatever it was way back when I was a teen. Slightly distracting, but it felt good to watch it again.

As for the episode itself, it was the debut of FlashMan, Dark Chips, and Roll Soul. At least the MegaMan anime was one of the few anime of its time that allowed female character to actually be strong and competent, as anime!Roll is certainly a step-up from most of game!Roll's showings. Shame the Double Souls in the games don't possess the power to turn enemy's attack power against them but considering the fact that some of the Souls like Roll and Metal where stupidly broken in-game (to the point that Roll Soul is, or was, outright banned from tournaments) that'd probably break the games to bits. Though it would make dealing with Duo easier, considering he's the hardest final boss in the series, even in just the first playthrough (as someone who recently played the first playthourgh final boss battle with Duo, exhausting my chip folder in the process, I can say confirm that with confidence). But I digress. Still, felt good to watch it again, especially since the Battle Network Legacy Collection was announced a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll dig out my old NT Warrior DVDs and watch them again for old time's sake.