• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I'm re-watching Inuyasha because I still haven't seen any of The Final Act episodes. I watched episodes 1-23

I finished watching Chihayafuru the other day. That wasn't quite a large enough dosage of karuta for me though, so I also knocked out season 2 right after. 50 episodes of extreme poetry, and I wasn't bored for a single minute of it! I guess I'll summarize my thoughts after watching:

The characters were of course the strong point of this show, with most of the main cast being pleasantly diverse and dynamic. My one gripe with the whole thing would be that while season 1 built up the romance subplot, season 2 sort of pushed it to the side to focus more on the game itself. While I wouldn't say I disliked the karuta focus, I think this could have been better balanced. There was also time taken out to show the backstory of pretty much every minor character, and while I love good ensemble casts, a lot of it felt inconsequential, and I think that time could have been better used to finish some of the half-developments of the main cast. Despite the minor gripes, I think it was still a great watch, and managing to take something as seemingly silly as competitive karuta and paint it in a light that most people would find engaging is an accomplishment. If I were to score Chihayafuru as a whole, I would say 8/10.

Got back into watching Gintama, finally.

edit: Decided to start Rurouni Kenshin today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom