• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I just caught up in both Dangaronpa 3 series.

Initally, I was very skeptical about this series. The initial first episode of Future seemed awfully rushed and off-tone for what I've come to love about the series. but after we got to learn about some of the characters' motivations, I found myself liking quite a few of them. I would prefer for Future-side to stop taking itself so seriously, but I'm definitely invested so far. As for Despair-side, the tone is pretty close to what I was expecting. Very dark, but also very humorous at the same time. However, with the hints we've been getting the last few weeks the lighter tone will not stay.

So tl;dr if you like Danganronpa and Goodbye Despair, you'll probably like DR3. Looking forward to more insanity.

Also 100% relevant:
88qqH1Q.png

This Art Club Has A Problem! episode 2. Yes, alright, it was a long shot. Actually not as annoyingly raucous or grubby as some anime I can recall (Looking at you, Pet Girl of Sakurasou) - but still, it could at least do with dropping the stupid sex jokes, because in classic anime style, they give the same sense of clammy discomfort as a limp handshake

Orange, episode 5. Well, so much for dopey, that episode was really quite thoughtful
Right? I was actually surprised by that twist at the end. I thought they were going to use the sci-fi bit to get the ball rolling, and then mostly forget about it, but it looks like there is more in store yet.

The last episode of season 2 of Soukyuu no Fafner Exodus. Haha, oh man, the Fafner series messed me up. By which I mean it was very good.

I'm probably a little late on this, but I started watching Shirobako yesterday. I made it through episode 9 before I eventually drifted off to sleep. :p

If nothing else, it's pretty educational. The character designs are also gorgeous. Before starting to watch, I had my eye on Ema, but Aoi has really proven herself to someone that's easy to get behind and root for. I'm interested to see what the second half will entail, because I'm kind of expecting a timeskip.

I also kind of wish I had more in-depth knowledge about some industry professionals, because I feel like there are lots of references I'm missing. I of course recognized Masao Maruyama right off the bat, and a few of the other supporting characters' names are obvious allusions (namely the main voice cast for Exodus). There are some pretty unique minor characters, however, that I feel must be parodies, but whose counterparts I don't know enough about to just point them out.

Back
Top Bottom