• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Yatterman (1977)

I watched both a subtitled version and the LA Spanish version (Funny Rangers). The Spanish is... kinda weird, they changed the names of the characters, but the dialogue is close to what the Japanese version says. They also use the real names of the places the characters go, instead of using expies (i.e: New York instead of New Yack). Overall, the whole dub gave it a very Hanna-Barbera feel to the series, but that could be because the voice sound familiar and might be the same guys that dubbed the HB shows. I'm interested to see what other things they change. To those curious, here's a comparison of the Japanese and Spanish names:

Gan - Christian
Ai - Candra
Yatterman - Funny Ranger
Yatterman-2 - Funny Ranger 2
Obotchaman - Robotino
Yatterwan - Robocan
Dorombo Gang - Los Malosos
Doronjo - Maléfica
Tonzura - Hércules
Boyacky - Nimbus
Dokurobei - Engendro

EDIT: Also, I prefer Christian's voice over Gan's.

Last edited:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind (DUB) Episode 3: The dub's kinda good? I've already seen the sub and finished it, but y'know.... I wanna see what they do for the arc tbh. Hopefully they keep what they did in the Japanese Dub in the English version cause that was so good.

Back
Top Bottom