• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Persona 5: The Animation

I beated Royal half a year ago and got to know about the existance of an anime version months later, and decided to watch it just to see how it is. I really like the fact that the protagonist actually talks instead of being mostly silent (and that he's named Amamiya Ren as well), but similar to other game-based anime out there it's rushed as hell.

I've watched 3 episodes only and they're almost done with the first Palace.

In lack of things of watch, I decided to rewatch Violet Evergarden for the third time now. It's been two years since I watch the series in full and I get to add the Special and the two movies (with the second one I haven't seen yet), just finished the ninth episode (tenth for this rewatch since I watch the Special after Episode 4). Man, if the series ended at the ninth episode I wouldn't even be mad. I think after this I finish this rewatch, I think Violet Evergarden is going to be my all time favorite anime, beating my underground favorite of Nijuu Mensou No Musume.

In lack of things of watch, I decided to rewatch Violet Evergarden for the third time now. It's been two years since I watch the series in full and I get to add the Special and the two movies (with the second one I haven't seen yet), just finished the ninth episode (tenth for this rewatch since I watch the Special after Episode 4). Man, if the series ended at the ninth episode I wouldn't even be mad. I think after this I finish this rewatch, I think Violet Evergarden is going to be my all time favorite anime, beating my underground favorite of Nijuu Mensou No Musume.
I watched Violet Evergarden two weeks ago (for the first time) and I loved it as well. Episodes 10 and 11 completely broke me. I thought the first movie was really sweet and good too! Can't wait to see the second one (which is supposedly the ending to the series).

Yesterday night I completed the very short 6 LOVERS OVA, six episodes that are around 2-4 mins long. I quite liked it, and since Ten Count had a spotlight in it I still can't wait for the actual anime adaptation, hopefully it comes out soon.

Earlier today I finished WAVE!! -Let's go surfing!!-, another enjoyable show that's over. I want to see the three part movie as well, just to see if there are any major differences between the movies and TV airing.

And not too long ago I watched episode 1 of Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement-. This honestly feels like Aoi Bungaku (another good series) and Kingdom Hearts had a baby with vibes of Bungo Stray Dogs, and I'm enjoying it so far. This version of Dazai is a bit too upbeat compared to how he's usually portrayed, but it's an alright change.

I decided to check out why Demon Slayer was so hyped. I watched the first episode last night. It looks like something I'm going to enjoy.

Episode 12 of Bungo Stray Dogs Wan!, body swap segment was funny though I'm going to miss seeing Chuuya in funny/embarrassing situations. Hopefully there'll be a season 2.

And episode 170 of Black Clover, what a great ending to the (current) series; and the fight scene with Asta was amazing, him finally reining in his devil, and his backstory becoming a bit more clearer, gonna miss watching this every Tuesday tbh. And I'm hoping that the movie has an original plot, maybe not necessarily filler but something with Tabata's input would be cool; if not that's fine, I'll still more than likely enjoy the movie anyway.

Here's what I watched in March:
  • K-On! seasons 1 and 2
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Death Note
  • Your Lie in April
  • Code Geass seasons 1 and 2
  • Cowboy Bebop
Besides that I also watched Weathering with You, and I rewatched Your Name. and a few Ghibli films. And then there's also the weekly contemporary anime I watched.

The new Shaman King episode 1. At first the pacing was very similar to its early 2000's counterpart, but towards the end it managed to cram the manga's 2nd chapter entirely, not mentioning Ren is already debuting (and possibly fighting Yoh) next episode, so I wonder if this remake will be faster paced\ more rushed. Really hope it's more faithful to the manga though, and finish the damn Shaman King tournament!

On an unrelated note, for those who're fans of the Japanese version of the Pokemon anime like I am, Musashi and Nyasu's VAs (Hayashibara Megumi and Inuyama Inuko) voice Anna and Manta on both the old and new Shaman King, which is delightful for me.

Episode 1 of Burning Kabaddi. I never thought I'd watch a anime about kabaddi, it's also nice how they explain the rules of the sport in the first episode for the layman. Also Tatsuya is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters (though with how the chemistry between the cast is so far, I'll probably end up liking most or all of them). Definitely can't wait for episode 2 next week.

Episode 3 of Kaguya-sama: Love is War?, I meant to get to this second season right when it aired but I had other shows to watch/catch up on then. We'll see if I hold enjoyment for it like the first season (so far I do like it).

And episode 6 of Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement-. Pretty wholesome episode with the cultivation, this series is a nice fun relaxer type for me. Though after seeing how this Dazai is dumbed down, I take back what I said before and greatly prefer a Dazai that's more somber and has his suicidal tendencies like other adaptations of him.

Two new ones today.

SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 1- Start of the next Gridman Universe series, while just the first episode, it's a very different start than SSSS.Gridman was. Though I'm a tad mix on some of the stuff, I like how the show already has differ from its predecessor especially with Dynazenon itself. Though I'm kinda upset about my theory of the girl who looks the exact same as Rikka except her hair is Rikka undercover isn't true since she's part of the main group unlike the trailer led me to believe. Though it makes me wonder even though it seems like it's going to be its own thing, will it connect with anything from the past Gridman shows? I just want to see Akane and Anollious the 2nd again, okay!?

Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress Episode 1 The first episode of the new start for Vanguard. New studio, Kinema Citrus (yes of Shield Hero fame), designs done by CLAMP (like seriously, one of the first characters you meet looks like Nunnally from their Code Geass days) and it is glorious. The fact that even though it's a card game anime it doesn't feel like one is great, though it forgoes explaining the fight seen at the end (as it is done through the eyes of a newbie to the game so he doesn't understand the rules, so a good handwave to explain why we must wait). Like the animation is sublime and it is amazing. I recommend it to anybody who wants to try something new (and it's on every anime outlet, a first for Vanguard which was exclusively on Youtube and Crunchyroll, now it's on stuff like Funimation and Aniplex as well and getting promoted as well); will give a fair warning, if you're not into the creepy circus/carnival trope as this takes place in an abandon amusement park unlike a card shop like previous series, you might not be into it.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 1, I quite like this one and the KonoSuba reference (Explosion!) came in unexpected but it was fun. So far I like the humor as it does remind me of the aforementioned series, but it seems some people find it hit or miss right now.

Episode 7 of Kaguya-sama: Love is War?, probably one of my favorite episodes in the series so far. I love the subversion of "walking in on the girl changing" trope with Chika and Yu, and the quip with Kaguya and Ai about preventing the President from "cheating" on Kaguya was also fun.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 9, so Dazai was actually using a façade all along. I... honestly should have seen that coming (well now I can take back what I said before.. again lol). Dan certainly had his moment here though and needless to say, I fell in love.

Last edited:
Pokemon Advanced Generation episode 71 "A Six Pack Attack!", then I went on and watched its Japanese counterpart "Ookido-hakase and Odamaki-hakase! Secret Base Battle!"

It's been some time since I saw the English dub (as well as the 4kids version), I gotta say it felt nostalgic to do so though. I didn't grow up with this particular dub, but getting to listen 4kids' soundtracks, songs and Pokemon voices reminded me of my entire childhood as a Pokemon anime fan. And although the dub adds background music at moments it didn't need to, some of them sound pretty good (others not so much too).

I still think the Japanese version is far superior, for example there's a moment in this episode where Ookido, Haruka and Masato're trapped behind a gate wall inside a cave with Kanto's and Houen's starters and they gotta call for attacks to break it, and while the English dub kept a boring OST in the background the original version used Jouto's final opening as an insert song, making the moment much much better in comparision.

Episode 1 of SK8 the Infinity. Finally got around to watching it even though it just ended, I've been hearing good things about this anime and so far it's pretty good. I was kind of hesitant since I'm not too into skateboarding (it's alright but there are other sports I'd rather watch first), but the character designs and animation, and how they captured the grunge-likeness of skate culture was amazing. And the dynamics of both MC's were great, hopefully it's like that throughout the show. Also speaking of characters and their designs, Langa kinda reminds me of Ash from BANANA FISH at some points (not a bad point for it since I like Ash, and Langa is certainly going to be one of my faves).

Episode 19 of JoJo's bizzare adventure: golden wind, where a gunman with 6 living yellowish pears and a dude with a ghost that can make life beat up a dude in his ice cat iceskating astrounaut suit that's so cool he can make stuff freeze.

Back
Top Bottom