• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Episode 1 of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic because I see a lot of claim that it's a good series. It seems pretty interesting so far.

But I'm actually marathoning Bokurano and now on episode 19.

Musaigen no Phantom World episode 4. I really like the artstyle and CGI effects of this short anime, the details and colors are very vibrant and nice to see. The story is pretty weak in my opinion, but thecharacters are somewhat likeable (I really like Reina for eg).

Giant Gorg episode 6

Mecha meets island adventure meets 80s action. I'm really digging this.

Finished up what I missed last week.

Laid-Back Camp Season 2 Episode 13- I need more! Also can just Rin and Nadeshiko kiss already?

Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 but really episode 11- Due to time constraints or or something we won't be getting the real last episode until June, hope it's a bit longer to help explain some stuff. Also must say despite the cliffhanger that's going to last at least two months, I really like the twist we saw with Ai's last Wonder Egg this episode, was quite literally not expecting that.

And now one new thing for a new season.

Super Cub Episode 1- This is going to be my Laid Back Camp fix for the new season albeit probably more drama focused than Yuru Camp, since the premise that the main character has "no friends, no family" and such, as well as the used Super Cub she bought apparently killed three people. But man, the art style looks so nice, something new won't hurt to try.

Episodes 4-6 of SK8 the Infinity. Really enjoying this one, probably going to be up there alongside PoT, HQ, DnA, and KnB as one of my favorite sports anime that's both sports and character driven.

Episode 1 of The World Ends With You, and so far it's mediocre. My hopes are not as high as they were, though that's my fault for expecting much from a anime adaptation of a game (there are some that are good, and most are just meh to no). The animation is great and the designs are true to the game, hearing some of the music from the game is certainly nostalgic too and I enjoyed that, but the episode was rushed (why are we halfway through the week this early?), and the battles are not exciting enough. I don't know if it's one cour and that's why it's being rushed, but if it's two cour then they could adapt the game better, one episode a day for the three weeks of the game. I'll give it till the second episode and if it's just as rushed then I'm dropping it, no use in staying with it if it's not adapted properly; plus there are other shows, new and older, I can watch so my watchlist doesn't get too bloated.

Episode 2 of Burning Kabaddi. Comedy this episode was great, and the misconception with the coach was fun. First half with the tactics and second half with comedy, my hopes for this series is higher now. Azemichi also getting the win over everyone else was funny. This anime is such a hidden gem that more people should definitely get to watching.

And yesterday I watched episode 1 of Fairy Ranmaru. I was confused at first at what this was, but it's growing on me. I wonder if this is going more towards shounen-ai, or at least have elements of it. Also I have a feeling this series is going to have monster of the week format, not bad but would be better with more substance to it. Overall weird but fun, so I'll stick with it, and the character designs certainly help by looking like it's straight from an otome.

SSSS.Dynezenon-Episode 2: Really liking the difference between Gridman and how basically this tokusatsu anime is a mech anime as well. This is getting a lot of my favorite genres into one whole thing and I'm loving it.

Cardfight Vanguard overDress Episode 2: This episode feels like acknowledging the entire yaoi fandom of the Vanguard series, since for the last ten years people have been majorly shipping the main protagonists of the original series and most of the reboot series (the V Series as it is called), Kai and Aichi, for so long along with their shared rival Ren due to how much text they have can be interpreted that way. Also I wish more was seen of the fight, while it went more into the game than last episode for Yu-yu introduction to Vanguard proper it was not really done in a way for newcomers for the series. I hope we finally get a proper full fight next episode along with the sakuga style imagine scenes we got in Episode 1. Also this episode probably the most hilarious introduction to a character outside of the main focal point of the show I've ever seen with Danji. Danji the best player of the show currently outside of playing the game, is he a high school student like Kai was in the past shows? Nope, when he's not playing Vanguard he's doing so many odd jobs including being a minister for weddings (while he's the one crying) all in the same day. Man I love how ridiculous this series can be sometimes.

Edit as of April 10th 2021 due to avoid double posting:

New one to add the list of what I'm watching weekly. I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 1: The one isekai I've actually been looking forward to and it's been worth the wait. Other isekai have not really interested me so much, including stuff like Re: Zero so this is something I want to try.

Last edited:
Episode 1 of Pretty Boy Detective Club. I love the art, the colors, the characters, the atmosphere it's all so good. I know one of the staff members worked on Mekakucity Actors which could be why I like it so far (oh and also some of them worked on Monogatari series I guess, but meh). So far I say Hyouta (Mr. Bare-Legs) and Michiru (the Delinquent) are my favorites, but all the boys are pretty neat.

Also finished the last few episodes of SK8 the Infinity. So yeah this series is now in my favorite sports anime list, also loved all the characters and their interactions (but especially Reki, Langa, and Miya <3). Now I've been looking up amazing artwork of it, and I'm not disappointed.

Edit: Just binged The Way of the Househusband since it's 5 episodes and around 15/16 minutes long. Yeah no I was hoping the trailer was some sort of weird gimmick and the final product would be better, lol no it's just Vampire Holmes all over again. At least with Vampire Holmes it looked like people moving pictures on a stick, this "animation" is literally a powerpoint presentation with the mouths moving to indicate speech. And the director wanted it to be this way? Apparently saying "make an animation that looks like manga" and "never move the characters"? Then what's the point of adapting something to animation, something that moves? If I wanted a piece of media that doesn't move then I'll just read it. Hell, people on YouTube make better "motion manga" than whatever this is. The fact this is getting a second part honestly baffles me. At this point I'm just going to read the manga instead, not gonna bother with the second "adaptation". The only good thing about this is the voice acting, that's all it has going for it.

Last edited:
Finished Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! this afternoon, picked it up since it reminded me of Shirobako (albeit focusing more on animation than a full-blown anime production). The main trio's chemistry is fun to watch and the backdrops are nice to look at. Thoroughly enjoyed it - 10/10 (Easy Breezy's gonna be stuck in my head lol)

The mini-series Erased, a really fun and cute anime that I thoroughally enjoyed.

Episode 1 of Cestvs: The Roman Fighter. Found it weird how the opening scene was CGI but then moved to 2D, though I'm not complaining. Anyway it's not often that there is a anime/manga that focuses on the Roman Empire, moreso when it's focused on gladiator fighting/the coliseum, so I was pretty excited for this and enjoyed the first episode so far. Interesting that they chose to depict the period when Nero became Emperor. Combat sport with lives on the line, hopefully this anime keeps the quality up and doesn't constantly deviate too much from what's been shown.

Let's see in the past day I have watch:

SSSS Dynezenon Episode 3.

Cardfight Vanguard overdress Episode 3.

I watch all of BOFURI: I don't want to get hurt so I'll Max my Defense between last night and this morning.

And I watched Episode 2 of I've been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and I've Max Out My Level.

Ultra Maniac episode 26 (FINALLY I'm done with this friggin show!!)
Blue Reflection Ray episode 2
Yoru no Kuni, a short mini series being made in collaboration with a Japanese singer's album. Seriously, it's beautifully animated and surprisingly heartfelt. Go watch it!

Last edited:
Episode 2 of Cestvs: The Roman Fighter, still find it weird that it goes between CGI and 2D but I'm getting used to it; at least it's not super terrible, but still kind of clunky. Anyway Cestvs tearing up hearing the music since it wasn't like the kind in the arena was cute, Nero also thanking and being happy that Cestvs is sincerely moved by his music was also cute and heartwarming. (of course this is before he became tyrannical lol)

Few days ago other new episodes I've watched were: episode 3 of Combatants Will Be Dispatched (still loving it so far), episode 2 of Pretty Boy Detective Club (despite being the leader, Manabu doesn't get much respect, and Hyouta is such a little shit lol), episode 3 of Burning Kabaddi, episode 2 of Fairy Ranmaru, and episode 2 of The World Ends with You (this episode's pacing did slow down, but I still dropped it since tbh I wasn't feeling it anymore; might pick it back up again sometime but for now I still prefer the game).

Back
Top Bottom