• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle, episode 11. Man, I'm gonna miss this show. Why did I ever miss out on this when it first came out?! It's funny as hell! Also, Harpy is adorbs and deserves better!!

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter episode 4. So it seems I'll have to wait until next week to see Cestus, hopefully, beat Emden and give him a taste of his own medicine. Seeing Cestus getting constantly beat like that hurt my heart, so I want Emden to eat dust and Lady Sabine to look stupid afterward lol. Also that preview in one part "He looks so delicate, but he's infuriatingly tough." and "An angel has descended before my eyes." is pretty true tbh, though I don't know if the latter quote is about Cestus or not but I mean, it's still not wrong lol.

Episode 5 of Pretty Boy Detective Club. Mayumi being so invested in the love letter from the girl at another school was sweet, even though it was kinda irrelevant. Also this series is certainly flexing the outfits, another crossdressing scene and the bunny girl part in one episode. And Hyouta in proper pants shocked me, but he looked so comfortable lol; once again though he shows to be best boy currently in the show.

Yesterday I watched episode 6 of Burning Kabaddi. A lot of the expressions the characters have in this show are great, makes me want to see them in the manga as well now. I think I found a new desktop background with the shot of the Noukin team together, it looked so cool. It's nice to see the MC being weak in a match and not looking "pro" all the time, a lot of sports manga/anime like to make their MC's suddenly amazing at the sport they play.

And the day before yesterday I watched episode 5 of Fairy Ranmaru. Getting deep with hidden poverty of 1st world nations and nasty people in general. I expect some deep moments but not this deep, not bad to me though. Takara seems to be a good person at times even if he does break laws often. I do like how they kept the running gag of only eating curry because apparently that's all Takara bothers to cook for them, seems like he doesn't want to expand his menu lol. Though it's nice seeing the other boys eating something else that wasn't curry. I was hoping Takara's transformation scenes would be fun (especially with his design), but they felt a bit underwhelming compared to the other's; still like him, though he's not too high on my favorite list.

Episode 6 of Combatants Will Be Dispatched. Unpopular opinion so far but I really like Six, yeah he's a scumbag but that's what makes him entertaining to me, of course I generally don't mind and sometimes like characters like that anyway lol. And apparently he's honest about it at least, especially in this episode with Snow. Anyway the buzzsaw-like sword was pretty cool, looks vaguely like something you'd see in the FF series.

Just watched the Demon Slayer film and can I say, I was kind of let down?

It wasn't bad by any means and was a real treat to watch visually, but the film didn't feel any different than the usual episodes of the tv anime. I definitely felt like it could have been replaced with 5 to 6 episodes at the start of the second season but I guess they made the best decision since the box office numbers are crazy. Still...

Just watched the Demon Slayer film and can I say, I was kind of let down?

It wasn't bad by any means and was a real treat to watch visually, but the film didn't feel any different than the usual episodes of the tv anime. I definitely felt like it could have been replaced with 5 to 6 episodes at the start of the second season but I guess they made the best decision since the box office numbers are crazy. Still...
I really didn't like that this arc was made into a movie tbh, some people that haven't read the manga are probably not gonna know it's canon content and might skip it and just go to s2, even though s2 will pick up where the movie left off and major context will be missing for those people. I agree that it at least could've been a few episodes for the start of s2 since the arc is two volumes. Still it was an amazing watch, but yeah should've been episodic imo.

I really didn't like that this arc was made into a movie tbh, some people that haven't read the manga are probably not gonna know it's canon content and might skip it and just go to s2, even though s2 will pick up where the movie left off and major context will be missing for those people. I agree that it at least could've been a few episodes for the start of s2 since the arc is two volumes. Still it was an amazing watch, but yeah should've been episodic imo.
Exactly! And I'm glad you brought that issue up because I've definitely seen more than one person mention that they weren't going to watch the film prior to starting season 2 because they were under the impression that the movie was just non-canon filler. I really hope this thing doesn't become the norm, or at least other studios don't try and replicate this format in an attempt to chase success.

Just binged the "Jujutsu Kaisen" anime.

Absolutely brilliant. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a Shonen anime as much as I did here. The plot is interesting, the characters are all very likeable and the setting is fascinating - kind of reminds me of what I was hoping Bleach would be like going into its first arc.

Anyways, can't wait for a season 2. :bulbaLove:

Just binged the "Jujutsu Kaisen" anime.

Absolutely brilliant. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a Shonen anime as much as I did here. The plot is interesting, the characters are all very likeable and the setting is fascinating - kind of reminds me of what I was hoping Bleach would be like going into its first arc.

Anyways, can't wait for a season 2. :bulbaLove:
That's good to hear. I've had a hard time enjoying Shonen anime lately (with a few exceptions here and there) but this is one I still want to check out soon.

Catching up what I didn't watch over the weekend.

Super Cub Episode 5.

SSSS.DYNAZENON Episode 6 and now a transcript of my opinion of this episodes Spoilers: HOLY F*** IT'S GRIDKNIGHT!!! ANTI'S BACK!!!! IT'S F***ING GRIDKNIGHT!!! DON'T END THE EPISODE THERE TRIGGER!!! WHY!!? YOU CAN'T END HERE!!!

I've been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Max Out my Level! Episode 5

Higehiro Episode 6. I was a bit iffy on the premise at first, but it's so good. I'm really loving the story and characters :bulbaLove:

To Your Eternity Episode 5. This show is absolutely fantastic even after just 5 episodes. It feels really cinematic and unlike anything I've seen in a while, series-wise.

I also just found out today they're continuing the Poketoon project :lapras: So I checked the second short that focuses on Pancham and it was really sweet. I really like that Pokémon does these side animation projects from time to time. Even if I don't always end up liking them a whole lot (Generations and Twilight Wings), it's refreshing to see.

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter episode 5. Well apparently the fight between Cestus and Emden will conclude next episode, hopefully. I don't mind the occasional flashbacks, but when there's barely any fighting shown and the flashback takes almost majority of the episode, then it's annoying (kind of another reason I dropped One Piece tbh, though Naruto and DBZ are terrible with it too); I'm hoping it's not going to be a constant thing in the show, but so far it's still enjoyable. Anyway found out the angel comment isn't directed at Cestus unfortunately, but toward Sabine as a child; and her voice being "sweet" lol that's not cheesy or gag worthy at all. Also her line of "only picking the strongest boy to take with her", and seeing all those starving boys practically fight to the death over it, she knew exactly what she was doing the bitch (yes I do not like her at all).

Episode 1 of The Promised Neverland.
It's been a few days since I watched it and I unfortunately haven't really had a chance to move along with the series yet. Am hopefully going to soon though; I've enjoyed what little I've watched so far and I've heard good things about the series as a whole.

Episode 7 of Burning Kabaddi. I love the captain, he's just so crazy lol. Seeing Yoigoshi becoming a serious team member is also nice, love to see the progression of the MC actually becoming serious throughout instead of it being instant or after an episode or two (within the show's genre at least). Iura also got some time to shine here as well, I'm interested in seeing what sneaky tactics he has for the tournament also (he kind of reminds me of a mix of Shoichi Imayoshi and Makoto Hanamiya tbh).

Yesterday I watched episode 6 of Fairy Ranmaru. Loved the black and white world's aesthetic and all the tension when the manager started to beg for forgiveness. Thought it'll be another problem of the week but with Chilka finally revealing himself as the antagonist, seems that the fairies will be turning their attention on him as part of the Queen's orders. So some plot advancement going on, also from what I understand the fairy world was at the brink of destruction and the main fairy guys were sent to the human world to gather some form of material for rebuilding, which seems to be attachment. And I guess attachment is needed for fairies to exist, which they apparently have been gathering even before needing it to rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom