• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

My usual watch stuff of this week.

Super Cub Episode 6

Cardfight Vanguard Overdress Episode 6-This is now my favorite episode of Cardfight Vanguard as a whole, I've been watching this series for the years it existed and I never seen such a realistic episode like this one especially in card game anime. This is really is such a good episode especially after the last two episodes were subpar in my opinion, even if the tank and Cardfighting while wrestling were good highlights.

SSSS.DYNAZENON Episode 7 My boy Anti is all grown up, he took a lot from Calibur too. Anoullius the 2nd is back too and she's all grown up too!! I hope we get to see some other Gridman characters, I have a strong feeling Akane may show up.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out my Level Episode 6.

Episode 6 of Pretty Boy Detective Club. I think it's kind of cute that Mayumi seems to be a bit of an attention seeker, it's also sweet seeing all the boys looking out for her too. It also seems that every arc is about Mayumi's feelings of belonging, hopefully by the end of the anime she's pretty close to all of the boys (I should read the novels to see if it's an ongoing thing for her or not). Anyway if I got a sudden call from a weird dude I'd have blocked the number tbh, he's scary. Also the teacher abducted the whole school like that's not an easy feat, but the chick is crazy so. And of course the silver haired lolicon knows the answer, but wants everyone else to say their hypothesis first, but that's just Nagahiro I guess.

Tokyo Revengers episode 6.

I'm almost caught up with the manga and it has been an absolutely amazing rollercoaster of emotions and plot twists (apparently it's currently one of the best selling manga, all chapters included, and I couldn't be happier for its success). It also has a suprisingly large amount of grounded, developed and well-realized characters that I've come to really care about so I really hope the anime will stick the landing. It has been pretty good so far but so far it has been largely set-up. The good stuff is still to come, and the anime is now up to the first big fight that happened in the manga (I really can't wait for next week's episode). This week's episode also added a scene that wasn't in the manga, that showed how Mikey and Draken first met. I thought that was a really good addition and I'm curious to see if they will add similar background lore to the anime in the future.

Episode 7 of Combatants Will Be Dispatched. Okay I love the shameless self-promotion of KonoSuba, I'm sorry "KonoSawa". Astaroth's blush was adorable, I wouldn't be surprised if she seriously considered Six's offer of marrying him and letting him be a stay-at-home husband. The tiger man was pretty cool, was confused at first at where he came from until I realized he's Six's reinforcement. I also love how this series has been using face expressions from KonoSuba, Snow using some of Aqua's facial expressions and Six using Kazuma's facial expressions, it's kind of cute. Alice is so cruel in not hesitating to kill a bunny, when Grimm and Six can't kill it to complete the ritual, "Do you not have a human heart?" indeed lol.

episode 4 of ace of diamond.
i watched half of it before i had to leave for my baseball game.
i really like it, it's a very good (and realistic too) baseball anime.
I love Ace of Diamond, it's up there in being one of my favorite sports anime. It's too bad that it (and most sports anime) is underrated though.

subbed. i'm not proficient enough to watch unsubbed, although at times I can understand certain parts without subtitles.
same for manga, i have a japanese copy of haikyuu's first volume and at times i can get the meaning of scenes (furigana still helps, even though i'm actively studying kanji)
Talking about manga I must have around a hundred left to read xD I've got nearly an entire bookcase filled with them and I think I didn't read half lol. Reading in Japanese is very tiring and I usually don't handle more than a chapter per time (especially when my favorite series is Rurouni Kenshin and it's a shounen full of long text balloons). It's still easier than watching anime though.

I'm wanting to get into the アメフト one called "eyeshield 21". I saw one episode and it gives off a strong "2000s anime" vibe which I grew up with, so I love 2000s anime.
Same it's been on my planning list for a while, and like you the 2000s anime is what I mostly grew up on too so this series looks like it'll appeal to me.

Funnily enough, the first ep of Pokémon OS in Japanese, last night before I went to bed!

But discounting Pokémon, I think it was DBZ I watched last, early Androids saga

I just watched a random episode of Shingeki no Kyojin dubbed in my native language (Brazilian Portuguese) on Funimation just to check how the dub was. Then I switched it to Japanese to compare (since it's been a while since I've watched this anime) and subtitles appeared alongside it. Tried to turn them off but found no way to do it...

There's no way to turn subs off in the Funimation streaming service lol? If that's the case I'll just cancel it.

Last edited:
Cestvs: The Roman Fighter episode 6. So Cestus delivered a swift finish to Emden in the back of the head, seeing Sabina (for some reason I kept calling her Sabine) being salty was great; kinda sucks for Emden though since he got disowned after he lost. The crowd wishing for Emden's death was expected, but I figured he wasn't going to die, and it's thanks to Cestus. We get to see a conversation between Emden and Zafar about the move he (Emden) and Cestus used on each other during the fight, turns out Emden learned it from Zafar's former master, who apparently goes around testing his theories and "experiments" on inexperienced fighters; seems like a rough and dangerous guy tbh. Seeing Cestus getting praised by the people of Pompeii at the end was heartwarming, so cute how he was shy about it as well. Also they mentioned Mount Vesuvius, I was wondering if they were when Cestus and co. were leaving the city, so it's a neat nod that they did.

Earlier I watched episode 7 of Fairy Ranmaru. Didn't learn anything new for the plot or characters unfortunately, though the gem on Homura's back was shattered so maybe we'll see if it breaking like that has any consequences for him. I hope that "kiss" gets brought up between Uruu and Homura, though maybe Uruu should realize you can't really give someone CPR underwater lol. Going by the episode pattern, hopefully next week we'll get another Uruu centric episode! Also Homura telling the mangaka girl to take it easy and not overdo it made me sad, seeing as this came about after one of the best mangaka in the industry passed away, really heartbreaking.

Super Cub Episode 7-Finally the debut of the last of the three main characters.

SSSS Dynazenon Episode 8- The Dyna Dragon's canon mode returns thanks to Anti/Knight being a second Gridman resurging its old powers, we might get the debut of a King Gridknight like King Gridman in the original tokusatsu series. Also while Mujina continues to be best girl, Yomogi discovers he can possible control kaiju like her and her group which was not a route I consider going down.

Cardfight Vanguard overdress Episode 7-A sick episode, though I'm not a fan of the non-traditional episodes this new Vanguard show has done like episodes 4 and 5, this one was much better than those two.

I've been Killing Slimes for 300 years and Max out my Level Episode 7.

Episode 7 of Pretty Boy Detective Club. I don't know if Lai likes Mayumi or if he wants her as his group member, but it'll be interesting if that gets cleared up a bit more. It's also nice to see the club members seeing Mayumi as one of their own and making her feel like she's one of them, so sweet. And Mayumi learned that you almost always get called on to solve a problem that one time you don't do homework lol.

Yesterday I watched episode 8 of Burning Kabaddi. I like that this series is a slow burn, though it sucks that it's only 12 episodes long. Maybe if there's a second season then the animation can be a bit better when it comes to matches (I mean it's kabaddi, come on the animation should be better with how brutal it is), would be nice to see it be smoother like in some other sports anime. I wonder if Yuuki will get an arc questioning if he's useful to the team, but he seems to be a quick learner so maybe not, but we'll see (though it's funny how other people thought he was a girl, but the trope is getting a bit old, still can be fun but it seems to almost be constant now). It was also nice to see Tatsuya and Nobutaka's backstory, kinda sad as well when Nobutaka saw how Tatsuya was enjoyed less and less and even stopped talking etc. Nobutaka also looks like Seiichi from Ace of Diamond, but is also like Gordon from Black Clover lol.

Tokyo Revengers episode 7 - I'm still not really sold on the animation or even the artstyle (I vastly prefer how the characters look in the manga lol) but I can overlook that because I love the characters and story too much. I was anticipating this episode because one of the chapters it adapted was the chapter that sold me on the manga (and I'm now finally caught up, whew). It was a pretty good episode, and the moment I was especially anticipating, where Mikey roundhouse kicks Osanai, did absolutely not disappoint. Mikey is absolutely my favorite character in this series and they really go places with his character in the manga, so I can't wait to see that in the anime.

I'm also doing a Pikachu Short marathon, because why not :wynaut: Some of them I have never seen and others I haven't seen in forever (definitely 10+ years). They're just delightful and fun to do inbetween.

Just watched The Boy and the Beast (or Bakemono no Ko). I don't see a lot of talk about this film, which is a shame since I thought it was really good :bulbaLove: Gorgeous animation, an interesting setting, fleshed out characters, definitely worth a watch.

Episode 8 of Combatants Will Be Dispatched. So this was certainly an interesting episode, Six is kind of a bit like Rance and Keyaru in this episode lol. Also I don't know what Six was on about but I liked Grimm's black dress, the other girls had nice dresses as well but Grimm's was my favorite. And as expected but it was fun seeing Grimm hit on the men, and Snow doesn't care what they look like as long as they have money, but then she blows it lol. The new character looks interesting, I like his heterochromia eyes, though it looks like he's one of the Elite Four Demons. Also Six's smug look is definitely the best, gotta use it sometime.

Just recently finished up Digimon Xros Wars.

The first part, about the titular war, I honestly really liked a lot. The characters and their arcs, whether over the full series or just a couple episodes, were usually done pretty well, which is pretty impressive given the absolute scale of the cast. The story structure is also simple, but really well done with how the overarching plot is almost always weaved into the more episodic events simply by the fact that almost every antagonist is in some way aligned with the Bagra Army. Making each zone they visit part of its own two or three episode arcs also helps to give events breathing room and get us a bit more attached to the location and the characters within. The main criticism I had with it is the fact that it tends to seriously under-utilise its primary mechanic of fusing any and all Digimon together without limits. Literally infinite possibilities with which to mix and match the Digimon for interesting strategies and workaround for various problems, but 90% of the time it's literally just "Slap three-to-six additional components onto Shoutmon until you can brute-force the situation at hand". Shoutmon XWhatever is still generally pretty well-designed and often reasonably good at being hype, so it's not a deal-breaker, but still kinda disappointing.

Xros Hunters, however, is far more mediocre. Contrary to popular opinion I actually found Tagiru and Gumdramon fairly endearing and was not really annoyed by them. My problem was primarily in the plot structure really not being that great. They set up some questions right at the start of the series, such as "What is DigiQuartz?" and "Why are Digimon winding up there?", and then proceed to almost completely ignore them right up until the climax in favour of purely episodic stories that don't tie into the overarching plot in any way. The character work was still decent, but it didn;t tie things together as well as Wars did. Also I thought Wars squandered the DigiXros Mechanic. At least Wars used it. Most of the time Tagiru doesn't even consider the fact that he has Digimon besides Arresterdramon. The climax was really good, both as a love letter to Digimon as a whole and as a conclusion to Tagiru's story, but most of the stuff leading up to it was just incredibly mediocre.

Also the soundtrack to both series are phenomenal and I love them.

Back
Top Bottom