• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Like damn, Fu's performance really makes you want to hate Hanamiya so much (in a good way)
Makoto is certainly a villain in a sports anime that you love to hate, one of the most unapologetic players that loves to throw off his opponents mental game. I'd argue he's the second best PG in the manga/anime after Seijuro, too bad he's somewhat underrated in the western fanbase regarding both his skills and character.

And while I can't speak much for his English VA, I'd say Jun Fukuyama really nails his personality and attitude the best imo, especially when he mockingly says "baka" to Tetsuya:

I was watching the Pokemon anime before this, but before that I was rewatching some Death Note

Watched episode 11 of The Case Study of Vanitas yesterday, the date was adorable and seeing Jeanne blushing was so cute. And the Noe and August stuff was pretty interesting, though I wasn't expecting the latter to show his true colors. Soon this one will be ending next week, won't be able to watch it right away though since I'll be busy over in Utah for a few days, but the anticipation for it is still exciting. Hopefully it won't be too long until the second cour releases, this series visuals, soundtrack, and characters are just amazing.

Also been slowly but surely going through Monster again and Eyeshield 21. Currently up to episode 29 of Monster, the pacing is a bit off as I remembered but still really enjoyable; Eyeshield 21 has been pretty fun so far, currently up to episode 60 and the characters are really great, with my favorite being Shun Kakei:love:. My brother still makes the occasional jab that I should've watched it years earlier, it's one of his top favorite anime so he's been pretty smug about me enjoying it lol. Depending on how the anime goes, it might just be in the same tier as Prince of Tennis, Free, and Kuroko's Basketball for me, maybe even replacing one of them.

Tonight I might get around to watching episodes 4 and 5 of Dramatical Murder. I like the adaptation, as anime being based on otome don't really bother me much and I usually enjoy them anyway, but I still like the game way more. Granted they're obviously not gonna show majority of the content presented in the VN, so it's lighter in that regard, but certain routes in the game really stick with me so it kinda just lowers my enjoyment just a bit lol.

Binged season 2 of MHA.
The internship arc was my favorite of this season; Gran Torino was awesome and Iida's storyline around his brother and Stain were nice to see, Iida's gotten a good share of screentime before then but not too much proper development. It also started really into the meaning of being a hero (something that the show had touched on briefly a few times before but not hugely) and showing a few different perspectives on that; hoping to see this be a continuous theme for the series, it's very fitting and with the situation of the world and the way Stain's presence is affecting other villains, it would feel weird not too. Also gonna mention the Everyone's Internships episode; while the title kinda felt like a lie, since it was really Tsu's internship (though it did give a bit more focus to some other secondary characters then previous eps), and it was total filler, it was a lot of fun, really enjoyed it.
The sports festival arc is my second favorit of the three. Shinso and Hatsume were my favorites of the new characters introduced; hoping to see more of Shinso later on. Learning Todoroki's backstory was interesting, I'd spent most of his screentime in S1 baffled by the fact he never used his heat powers so I'm glad to have an explanation for that. Urakaka's reason for wanting to be a hero was also nice to have but it felt kind of overshadowed by everything else in the arc.
The final exam arc was my least favorite of the three. It wasn't bad, but it kinda felt like it dragged to me. Was nice to have a some significant development for some of the secondary characters though. I also enjoyed the episode where Deku and Bakugo had their exam.

Also started To Your Eternity on Monday, been watching at least an episode or two every day this week (I think I finished ep 14 or 15 last?). I really enjoyed seeing the process of Fushi developing intelligence and emotional awareness, it was well-done and very interesting. The other characters are also very good.

Last edited:
Since everyone and their mother is comparing the upcoming new Digimon anime to "GeGeGe no Kitarou", I decided to check it out for myself - specifically the 2018 version since it gets rebooted every decade or so.

After the first five episodes, I am enjoying it quite a bit... And now I can't get that theme song out of my head. :eek:
"Ge, Ge, GeGeGe no Ge!"

Finished up the Hanamiya basketball match on Kuroko's Basketball and the Playmaker vs Spectre duel in Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS which was absolutely fantastic especially the final part for the animation and voice performances from Jake Paque, Billy Bob Thompson and Barrett Leddy.

And now to see what's next?

Episode 38 is a recap episode, AGAIN!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerugh!

Castlevania season 4: Good god this ended so much better than season 3 did. Overall I'd say Castlevania's an incredibly good show, qonderfully written, gorgeously animated, it just has a couple stumbling blocks here and there that make it a little rough to watch in places.

I haven't been watching any anime as of late, but I've been reading some manga. Since I haven't found any thread regarding the last manga you've read, and because this particular one has an incomplete anime series released in 2001, the last one was Groove Adventure Rave.

I'm at the Doryuu\Ouga? Saga, right now Haru and the others are inside Doryuu's ship looking for Elie and Ruby. Like later Mashima's work, it's funny how some opponents are introduced as huge unbeatable threats yet defeated very easily with a single punch or attack, usually after a big speech about friendship or through the "power of nakama". Happens in every single of his series, countless times.

The Tokyo Revengers finale (ep. 24). And thus ends Season 1. I still vastly prefer the manga overall but this was an enjoyable and solid enough anime adaptation so far. I'm kinda surprised there was no announcement for season 2 at the end since not even half of the manga has been adapted yet and the sales numbers for the manga have been absolutely bonkers from what I've heard, but I'm sure that will come soon. I am really excited for a potential season 2 given that some of my favorite characters and panels from the manga are most likely going to be in that.

MHA Season 3 up to the "Save The World with Love!" Special, because I was not feeling a Valentine's special (or whatever it is) in the middle of the important arc, but I also do not like skipping eps so I just stopped there and told myself I'll come back to it a bit later, but idk exactly when that'll be.
The summer camp arc was okay. I liked some of the Vanguard Action Squad- Himiko Toga and Mr. Compress stood out to me particularly, along with Muscular being pretty fun. Also liked Koda, once again enjoyed to see some more questions pointed at the way the society of "heroes" works, because it sucks for their kids. Seeing more class B was okay I guess.
Following that, we have the Bakugo rescue- I definitely enjoyed this more than the summer camp. Bakugo not even considering the League's offer for a second was pretty incredible, partly because of how little I expected it- I didn't exactly expect him to take it, but his refusal was so absolute. Then of course there was Iida calling out Todoroki and Deku for doing almost exactly the same thing they stopped him from was pretty cool to see from Iida (though it's not exactly the impression I got, since Iida was trying to get revenge and Todoroki, Deku, and Kirishima were trying to help someone), and him forcing the to take him along when he couldn't stop them. Though after seeing Todoroki outright admit that what they were doing was selfish, it was kinda weird to see it not only be pretty necessary, but the group facing zero consequences except upsetting some of their classmates, like, are we supposed to be seeing them as having done the right thing or something really selfish? ...or maybe it's supposed to be both but if that's it that point is really not well made. I'm kinda reading it as both though.
Seeing All Might emulating Deku in a fight instead of the other way around was pretty big for me; it's the first major instance where Deku's impact on All Might has been really clear. And I'm 95% sure it's what tipped Bakugo off on the fact that Deku was not, in fact, BSing when he said quirk was given to him by someone else.
The exams/preparation gave Hatsume some screentime in her natural habitat and at this point I think she might just be my favorite character in the series overall. I didn't think it felt necessary to show more of her but I was sorely mistaken. Some of the ultimate moves were pretty cool, and seeing Deku finally figure out the obvious solution to his arms being wrecked was nice. But aside from a bit more slow progress towards Bakugo and Deku actually getting along not much in the way of major character progress that stood out for me. Meatball man was also cool, among the only particularly memorable exams characters thus far for me.
Aizawa repeatedly threatening to expell people but never actually doing it really makes me strain to believe what I was told in about him in his first appearance, though Joke being right about him liking this particular class could have something to do with it... though if that's the case, why?

what'd you think about their move to try to take tokoyami as well? I hope I remember this correctly, I watched s3 about a year ago (waiting until s5 ends to watch s5), and have also read/wrote some mha fanfics (that had lots of tokoyami) after haha
It mostly just felt like "this guy is in our way, so we should make him not in our way" to me. I didn't really get a sense that they had any intention of trying to bring Tokoyami over to their side. Or at least if they did, they weren't banking on it nearly as much as they were for Bakugo.

Last edited:
I watched Star Wars: Visions, which is Star Wars' first foray into anime. I was planning to watch this episode-by-episode, but I ended up getting hooked so I binged the whole thing lol. Star Wars is a franchise that has become pretty disappointing and over the years to me safe for a few things, but I was really intrigued by this, also because a couple of famous anime studios like Trigger, Production I.G. and Studio Colorido were participating in this. Overall I really enjoyed this. What I really like is that it's 9 completely original stories completely divorced from anything else in the Star Wars universe. I was genuinely invested in some of the stories and I really hope some of the characters introduced return somehow, perhaps in another iteration of Visions, perhaps in their own spin-off anime (unlikely, but hey, I can hope).

Just watched one of Kanto's early episodes "The Pokemon Certification Exam?!" (title translated by Dogasu). It's one of my favorite Kanto episodes to be honest, I just love how ridiculously hard and arbitrary this whole thing is (and whom to forget the "Purin seen from above" sillouette answer xD)

Then there's the battle portion where Kojirou gets a Pikachu and is all proud to know his moves because he got "beated up by this Pokemon so many times", followed by an embarrassed remark by both Musashi and Nyasu. Afterwards it's Satoshi's turn to get Trio's Pokemon xD

Tohru's still travelling with Satoshi but he has such a low impact in this episode that you tend to completely forget he's in it, which most likely served as the joke where he's completely forgotten by Satoshi-tachi in the end after he goes flying together with Trio's Nyasu (they just leave without realising he's not there, I like to assume his last minute appearance was to point out it was a joke indeed).

This episode has a huge number of paint edits, I think the most apparent one is that during the identifying the Pokemon sillouette test, while the applicants only write the Pokemon's name in the screen in the Japanese version, they select the Pokemon's picture from a list in the dub.

Last edited:
Watched the final episode of Digimon Adventure 2020. I had a lot of fun with this series and now I'm even kind of sad it's over. This final episode was a great wrap-up, both as a final fight that was straight up hype, as a lifelong fan of Digimon and as an ending to this series specifically. Now onto Ghost Game next week! Can't wait!

Also started a new seasonal SoL series that came out early this upcoming season called Blue Period.

I too finished off "Digimon Adventure:" and have really been enjoying it. Did the show need to exist? Not really, but I had a lot of fun with a fresh take on the Adventure world - especially when they deviated hard with stuff like Alternate Evolutions. The show definitely revitalised my love for Digimon anime after Tri and Appmon and am looking forward to "Ghost Game" which hopefully will be also very good. :bulbaLove:

(Though the sequel-baity nature of the ending makes me think they'll go back to Adventure if GG doesn't turn out well.) :unsure:

Finally finished the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and I kinda enjoyed it, especially with the conclusion involving the Knights of Hanoi.

Now time to see if Season Two can send it riding high or if it'll come crashing down to Earth.

I went through and finished Destruction Flag Otome X/Hamefura S2 last week. Considering that the anime is actually further than the Light Novel Translations, I'm happy that the adaptation continues. :)

Also Hi. :p

Just watched Episode 1 of Attack on Titan, my god, I can see why it has possibly the biggest fanbase in anime. I’m definitely watching more of it

Back
Top Bottom