• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Completed Monster in full earlier today and got up to episode 105 of Eyeshield 21. I still say the manga of the former series is the best experience, but the anime adaptation actually comes to a close second if you don't mind some pacing issues; after not finishing it in full years ago for some reason, I'm happy to finally able to get around to it, so it was a fun pseudo rewatch. As for Eyeshield 21, it's still a fun and charming show, though after getting through 100+ episodes, it might not beat out Prince of Tennis, Free, or Kuroko's Basketball after all, at least depending on how it ends (though I still rank it high for sports anime I've watched).

Also completed both of the Arcade Gamer Fubuki OVA and special, they were a quick watch (4 episodes for the former and 1 for the latter) so I just thought why not. I.. don't even know what I expected from this, in the OVA most characters were bland and boring (what you see from the first episode is what you get), and the story which is supposed to be about video games and gaming skills takes a back seat for comedy and it being an ecchi, so it's kind of odd even for it's genre; the special is just fanservice, nothing amazing. Didn't really enjoy them, though the dinosaur was somewhat entertaining so I'll give it that.

Now I can finally continue Dramatical Murder starting tomorrow. I decided to put it on a lower priority since Monster and Eyeshield 21 are pretty long series', but with Monster finished and the latter getting closer to ending I can really pick it back up again.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 1- Didn't even know we were getting it this month. This is one of the few isekais I even like and my favorite food anime. I know the short story aspect of the show turn some people off, telling stories with each character who shows up at the titular place, I love it and really enjoy that it comes out on Fridays when I decompress from the week.

The Aquatope on the White Sand Episode 13-Time skip, new aquarium. First off, I'm really glad that Fuuka seems to still be important which I was really worried about judging by the second half's promo art, thank god, all they need to do now is just have her and Kukuru to kiss. Also the new director put Kukuru in marketing which makes sense judging by her previous title of Acting Director but doesn't equal to the work she did and of course the asshole woman trainee from Episode 9 returned still knowing nothing, I really hope Kukuru finally gives her a "reason you suck" speech since despite claiming Kukuru was only play directing, she really failed to learn anything about why she was doing what she was doing or even bother to learn from them altogether since she left after only a day just because it didn't live to her expectations. I really hope she gets tone down on her treatment of Kukuru and the rest of the new members of the cast don't continue to rub me in the wrong way.

Finished out MHA season 3, and started a bit of Season 4 (like, 1-2 eps). I was feeling the Save The World With Love Special a lot more when I actually watched it. Granted, its placement in the middle of an arc is still awkward but I enjoyed it a lot (and the fact that it turned out not to be a Valentine's special probably helped). Presento Mic and Doctor Midnight were definitely the stars of the ep. I'm not gonna go into detail over my thought on this ep because it was a filler/plugging for a movie and I have other things to talk about, but it was fun filler.
Next the exams continue. Yoarashi and Todoroki's interactions were the most standout thing for me in what was left of the exams. I hadn't really noticed how obviously similar Todoroki's approach to hero-ing was to Endeavor's, but when Yaorashi explained why he didn't like Todoroki, I gotta say he it felt pretty spot-on. Pretty much Yaorashi and Todoroki's interactions were some of the most stand-out things during the post-special exams, but also gonna mention the obvious comparison of earthquake guy and Bakugo's personality also felt noteworthy. Obviously we're gonna be seeing more between Todoroki and Yaoroshi kinda being developed as sorta foils I guess during the class for them to get their provisional licenses, but I didn't actually catch if the earthquale guy passed or not, if s
not I can see him being developed as a foil to Bakugo during the class (actually if he did I still see this happening in any future screentime he gets).
...And on the topic of Bakugo, holy shit. His development has been in the background mostly so far, but then it wasn't and just. Wow.
Wow.
And on an entirely different note, the big three. They were all delightfully weird, I love them all. Amajiki's "Even if I look at them imagining them as potatoes, everything below their heads is still human" was maybe one of the most memorable character introductions for me ever. Nejire firing questions off to the Class 1-A students nonstop without waiting for answers was delightful contrast to Amajiki. And Togata kicking the asses of the entire Class 1-A while simulataneously trying to put his clothes back on had me laughing pretty hard. I am so looking forward to all three them getting more screentime in S4.
Also the surprisingly non-shifty reporter-guy at the beginning of S4 was pretty cool to see, very rarely is a reporter portrayed non-shiftily.

Also finished To Your Eternity. Parona dying off screen is aggravating, I get that it totally makes sense with Hayase's character. But also. Parona's death had very little build up unlike basically every other death before that, and like, I really feel like it's something that should've been built up.
It took me a bit to get really like Tonari, but she started to grow on me as the arc continued. Her ending felt very fitting.
The Knokker zombies were also, what. They were very out of nowhere. Them going from being made up of various inanimate objects to possessing human bodies. Was a huge shift that just, it didn't sit right with me.

Last edited:
Yashahime Season 2 Episode 1 - Start of the second season and consider how last season was, I have some low expectations for it consider Episode 2's preview is going back to what seems what kill a lot season 1's first half and some of the latter. I just want to watched it since S1 ended on a cliffhanger, maybe it'll be better this time. Good ending theme and visuals though.

Fena: Pirate Princess Episode 9

Digimon: Ghost Game Episode 1- Decided what the hell, why not? I never watched Appmon or anything of Tri past the first part nor the reboot since I was sick of Adventure but I like the concept this new series is going for. Honestly it kinda makes sense why Digimon would be consider "Ghosts" in a modern world becoming heavily focused on technology and later holograms and I really like this take on Digimon as a whole but it could easily go down hill any minute to be frank. Also this series explains why we got those Digimon style Exercise Smartwatches a while back, cause that's the Digivice for this season.

Last edited:
I too checked out the first episode of "Digimon Ghost Game".

The world we're introduced to seems very interesting, reminds me of "Back to the Future 2" with the holograms coming out of screens and stuff. We get a glimpse of all three of our main humans to establish their base characteristics which is fine. Clockmon is our mystery Yokai - err I mean, Digimon of the week who is stealing people's time, they definitely made him out to be much more intimidating than past appearances. So Hiro's father was researching something and he ended up in the Digital World it seems? Anyways he left behind the three Digivices to Hiro plus the DiM cards so we meet Gammamon who has bundles of personality and charm. Gave me a lot of Guilmon vibes especially with how aggressive he got in battle and Clockmon's glimpse into his future of a monstrous evil form. Speaking of their fight, I liked that Hiro's brains helped out and that Clockmon wasn't truly defeated since he's a higher Level and whatnot, sets up their rematch for when Gammamon evolves. To which I am very curious as the OP seems to imply branch Evolutions maybe or something non-standard going on, I await eagerly to see how that plays out.

Overall, not the strongest first episode of a Digimon anime ever but it was passable enough and I am intrigued to continue on. :unsure:

So I've recently been introduced to "Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun". Yeah, I know, it's been out for a few years but as I've said many times I have exposure issues. I only really learn of certain animes either because enough hype surrounding them piques my attention enough to check it out or I stumble upon it by chance. In this case, it's the latter.

I've only watched the first two episodes so far. ...I nearly bust a gut laughing at all the crazy chaos in the show. This show is SOOOOOO much fun! Poor Iruma, every time he tries to NOT stand out he ends up failing in epic proportions and becomes the talk of the school. And I LOVED when he turned that jerk teacher Kalego into his owl-like familiar which is somehow able to be both adorable and intimidating at the same time. Talk about karma. Looks like we found the resident chew toy of the series. And I'm about to be introduced to Clara, the resident genki ditz girl.

Overall, a very fun series that's starts off with an absolute bang. It reminds me a lot of older animes/cartoons from the the 90s/00s, which I rather like. Plus, it's just a lot of fun to watch. Controlled chaos at it's finest and I love it. I can't wait to watch more episodes. I just wish I didn't have to suffer through Crunchyroll's constant ads without needing to stretch my already thin budget any further, as they keep disrupting the flow of the show. But I'm loving this series.

Last edited:
Managed to watch the 3rd and 4th episodes of Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun. I actually have to take breaks between each episode because I end up laughing so hard to the point I worry I'll rupture an organ. At the very least I make my sides hurt. This show is just SOOOOOO much fun I love it. That and Crunchyroll's ads annoy the hell out of me, which seem to come 5 at a time for 30 seconds apiece, further forcing me to avoid binge watching the series.

Anyway, first off, I got to meet Clara. Under normal circumstances a character like her would drive me up the wall. However, when I learned that's the in-universe reaction to her antics, which she's painfully aware of, and the fact that she has to outright BRIBE people just to get attention, which she's also very much aware of, was quite the gut punch. As a result I couldn't hate her and she quickly grew on me. Plus seeing those jerks take full advantage of her was just heartbreaking. So seeing Iruma, who's just that swell of a guy, extend a genuine hand of friendship to her, nearly brought me to tears alongside her. And then the cathartic feeling when she not only gave those bullies some much-needed karma, but followed by best wingman Azz giving them a second extra hot serving of it to ensure they won't bother her again earned a chef's kiss from me. I'm really liking this trio, as they've got quite the unique yet surprisingly harmonious chemistry with each other. And then we got to see Kalego get abused again, which is always a joy. And at first I got a chuckle at Iruma's eating habits, like when some students gave him and his crew 50 servings as a joke but he scarfed it down effortlessly anyway, but then I realized the grim reason behind it. Because of his previous lifestyle, he probably never knew when his next meal would be, so he gorges himself whenever he gets the opportunity. He still does despite the fact he's actually in a much better environment with all the food he can eat. That realization was bit of a gut punch in itself. And the kid must have a stomach made of scrap iron to eat food mainly for demons (and yet it still somehow looks rather tasty). It's clear that his history will continue to haunt and influence him for the rest of the series and that's just heartbreaking. As someone who's terrible past continues to haunt me I know how that feels and how it can shape you for the future in all the wrong ways. It says a lot when being in the netherworld and constantly running the risk of being eaten is actually a massive step up from his previous life is just depressing. At least Iruma now has real friends and a healthy, loving home despite the risks, so that's good to see.

Overall, the series is really great. It's just so much fun to watch. It really does remind me of anime/cartoons from the 90s/00s which as I said before is something I rather like. Reminds me of the simpler times (god, I feel old saying that). It's a really pleasant series that's just loads of fun with a very memorable cast of characters. The fact that each character is pretty unique in both personality and design, even the background characters, makes this series a really great one. I feel really bad I missed it when it first came out but better late than never.

Just watched episode 2 of Attack on Titan. At this point, I’m questioning myself why I didn’t watch it sooner. I think with 2 episodes, its become my favourite anime

Just watched episode 5 and 6 of Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun. Because Crunchyroll's ads have become too invasive to the point I can't enjoy myself I've been forced to switch to Youtube and watch other people's reaction videos to the episodes. It's a bit annoying due to the fact that the Youtubers need to semi-block out part of it but it's far more tolerable than Crunchyroll's ads that pop up every 3-4 minutes, 5 at a time, for a minimum if 30 seconds apiece. I might even have to resort to DVDs from Malaysia (since the series doesn't seem to have an "official" US DVD release) so I can get the full experience without being bombarded by ads.

ahem Anyway, moving on with the episodes themselves. They were quite fun. Of course Iruma saving that bird creature would pay off big time for him. While he was afraid that it would eat him it ended up an Androcles' Lion situation. And it ended up saving that Saboru guy in the process. Sure, they got last place in the race but at least they made it alive. And with quite the dramatic entrance to boot. And jeez, that Kalego guy tried to blow Iruma's arm off when that ring latched onto him. He'll stop at nothing to get rid of poor Iruma, who's his "nemesis" purely by accident, though thank you grandpa Sullivan for the save. I actually heard someone compare him to Snape which is rather fitting, only Snape was a legitimate force while it's obvious Kalego is the resident chew toy. And it figures Iruma would get a gluttony-based ring, given his big eater tendencies.

The next episode has ignited the hopeless romantic in me (emphasis on "hopeless"). We're introduced to Aremi who has actually figured out Iruma's secret. Hmm... looks like to most demons humans are actually considered fictional creatures. And yet... that school anthem... interesting. Anyway, poor Iruma now has a horse and carriage to take him to school. Sorry kid, but you might as well give up on trying to not stand out as the netherworld just won't allow it. And it appears that ring actually gives Iruma a roundabout means of using magic... which grandpa Sullivan forgets to tell him before he unwittingly used it, creating a massive cherry blossom in the process. And, apparently, it became instantly popular. And I nearly bust a gut when the "forbidden texts" in Aremi's secret chamber were actually Shojo mangas, although she can't read them. Looks like I'm not the only hopeless romantic after all. Aaaaaand, of course, Iruma ends up unwittingly recreating the scene from said manga when he bumps into Aremi. Poor girl doesn't stand a chance. Now I'm very much a Iruma/Aremi shipper due to how adorable, if not downright adorkable, she can be.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the series. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Sometimes the best discoveries are the accidental ones. The humor is spot-on without being a straight-up gag series, the characters are well-designed both physically and personality-wise, the lore is great, and it's just a very enjoyable series. While I wish I had better means of watching it I'll take what I can get until I can figure out a preferable, and less aggravating, way of watching it.

Completed the anime adaptation of Dramatical Murder and it's OVA. Overall a good adaptation imo, though unlike most I generally don't mind VN's turned anime, I already knew this one wouldn't even adapt everything especially given what happens in the original source lol. I do like how Mink is toned down from his game counterpart, still a jerk but nothing like in the VN (though even then I never disliked him). I also loved the nod to Ren's first bad ending with Virus and Trip in episode 11, especially with their dialogue to Aoba and how they were subtly flirting with him, but of course it still needs a good ending so it was short lived. That said, I do prefer the ending the anime went with, finishing off with Ren's good ending which I have a feeling the anime is implying Aoba chooses/gets with Ren (who is actually in his twin brother's/clone's body lol, that ending confused me once before when I got his good end in the game). And OVA was okay too, just the game's bad ends so not really necessary to watch since they still cut stuff. Anyway, I still recommend playing the game instead so you'll have everything there in each route, but I digress. Now I'm just waiting for the Collar X Malice anime adaptation, I hate when they announce stuff early like this but don't give an exact estimate when it'll release (and I don't want things to get awkward and be in a similar situation like Library Cross).

And earlier I got up to episode 140 of Eyeshield 21. I might finish off the final five episodes tonight, this series was fun to watch so I might read the manga sometime future (and from what I gather a lot of stuff wasn't adapted). There are a few other sports anime in my backlog, so I'm trying to see which one to watch next, especially one that'll hold me over until Blue Lock airs (and I have a good feeling about that one).

aquatope on white sand, episode 13. Echoes of Hanasaku Iroha in this - guy gives his new hire a foot-high tower of paperwork, tells her it's operating manuals and procedures, neglects to mention the urgent task to be done by the next afternoon, fails to train or even appraise her on the department's operating procedure, then bitches about it when inevitably the job isn't done properly.

I just hope this trend is an anime cliché, 'cause if Japanese companies really do think that this is a sane way to bed in new employees then that explains the state of workplace mental health

Watched the first episode of Great Teacher Onizuka. I've been aware of this manga and anime for years now and never really got around to getting to it, I know my dad watched a few episodes of the dub years ago but iirc he didn't really get into it. After watching episode 1 I quite liked it personally, Onizuka is a funny character who's very endearing from what I've seen so far. I felt so bad for him and angry when the delinquent students and Mizuki tried to blackmail him, at least he got back at the delinquents at the park (with the help of a gang in the area lol). As for Mizuki, while I was still annoyed with her with the stupid stunt she tried to pull, I did get invested in her when she opened up more about her home life to Onizuka, especially about how her parents are essentially cold to each other and there being a "wall" between them and her; it was sweet of him to break down the wall between her parents' room's, though she was being figurative about the wall lol, but he wanted to help so that's all that matters. Apparently she only appears in this episode, so that kinda sucks since I was looking forward to seeing what other antics she might pull, but I guess she was there to establish Onizuka's character. Regardless it was a fun episode, so definitely looking forward to watching more.

Last night I finally completed Eyeshield 21, now I'm thinking of reading the manga to see what didn't get adapted. Now I'm trying to figure out which sports series to watch next, or if I should rewatch one I've already completed (if I do, then it'll either be Prince of Tennis or Kuroko's Basketball first, subbed again for the latter since the dub it recently got is not that good imo); though I'm eyeing both DAYS and Chihayafuru since both were recommended to me on CR. As an aside, for a third series I might watch is either Gasaraki (which my dad seems to enjoy) or Sket Dance (another series I've been aware of for a while but never got around to).

Demon Slayer. Its an anime that I have wanted to watch, but never got around to, but now I watched the first episode. I think its good and am going to watch it further

Watched the Umibe no Etranger movie. It's a cute, wholesome BL movie that actually avoids a lot of the common trappings. It helps that the dub is great, has a gay man directing it, and has plenty of LGBT actors involved, too. Buuuuut having read the manga and knowing what she does in the sequel, I can't bring myself to like Sakurako as a character. At all. That being said, I do appreciate that the anime didn't adapt the part where she tries to stab Shun for no real reason.

Watched episodes 2-5 of Great Teacher Onizuka. It seems that students like to try and blackmail/bully Onizuka lol. We're introduced to a new teacher named Fuyutsuki; she's.. okay right now, I liked her somewhat at first when she helped arrange a late interview for a teaching position for Onizuka after he failed the first time, but after he gets the job and knowing he'll be the problem class' teacher, the same class that harassed their previous teachers and made them quit/get fired, she believes the composite photos spread out in the courtyard after knowing him for like, a day? And then she had the nerve to slap him? (long story short, the photos were BDSM and one night stand scandals that didn't happen) No that ruined it for me. And even if they were true, it's his private life, she shouldn't be mad/get jealous of him or shame him, it's none of her damn business. Anyway, at least she finds out from another teacher that they're fake photos, kinda makes her look dumb:rolleyes:; at least she apologizes to him for slapping him and believing the pictures. Well at least another character was introduced, Yoshikawa, I quite like him so far; poor boy has been bullied by a few girls in his class, and it's very harsh bullying at that (which drives him to try and commit suicide twice, luckily both were failed attempts), at least the girls had what's coming to them after Onizuka humiliated them (though they should've gotten harsher punishment imo). Next episode one of the bully's mother comes in, and she looks like a major bitch as well tbh.

Yesterday I got around to watching episodes 1-5 of Gasaraki. First episode was kinda slow, but it starts to pick up a bit by the second, then really picks up at four and five. Lot's of political and military commentary, which I've been liking so far, fleshes out what is happening in the world and expands on it a bit. I've seen people (and even my dad mentioned as well) comparing it to Evangelion, I can kinda somewhat see it with the main character, Yushiro, but he isn't hesitant or whiny like Shinji is (not that it made him a bad character, it's just true). Overall though, I'm liking it way more than Eva.

And I also got around to episodes 1-3 of Chihayafuru. Cute so far, though I was hoping it was an actual sports anime, the key visual for it looked like she was playing ping pong or something, but it's just a card game anime. Like chess, I don't view that as an actual sport, so I felt kind of baited I'll admit. That said, I'm still sticking with it because I like Chihaya so far, and it's a love triangle romance, I'm somewhat a sucker for those.

The anime I've watched over the past week:

CardFight Vanguard overDress Episode 13-Second cour starts and suddenly uploads Monday now, Danji's farewell as he seemingly moves into a new role into the show as a semi-antagonist.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 14-The ships are sailing, Fuuka is back and the PR department head is still stupid even though Kukuru is literally telling him what will happen before they happen and still makes her do it and ends exactly how Kukuru told him it would fail. I really hope whatever plan the new director has for Kukuru comes in soon.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 2-I really don't know why this episodes new patrons were quite literally Romeo and Juliet, just without them killing themselves. But the second half was cute.

Yashahime The Second Act Episode 2-I can't tell if this was filler, a mix of filler and plot progression or something else. But hey, next episode we finally get to learn what happened to Rin and the girls go after her apparently.

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 2-Honestly, while we got the Digivolution this episode, I liked and disliked how they ended the battle with telling Mummymon why is wrong and come to error of his ways but you debuted the next form for basically two minutes and no fight.

Fena Pirate Princess Episode 10-Reaching the show's climax.

Kamen Rider Revice Episode 6 (Wait that's not anime, that's a tokusatsu show!!)

Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and Soulburner is in the house baby, whoop whoop! Reached up to when Playmaker and The Shepherd are about to have their first proper duel after poor Shepherd got interrupted.

Back
Top Bottom