• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Digimon Ghost Game episode 25. This show is now about halfway (considering most Digimon anime have around 50 episodes) but to be honest, I've not been feeling it yet. I miss Adventure 2020...
I know what you mean. The creative team behind the anime went on in pre-release interviews about how much of an inspiration "GeGeGe no Kitarou" was to them but I don't feel like faithfully replicating that show within the Digimon franchise worked.

For starters, the mystery set-up then leading into a battle does not have enough time to be settled in one episode each week, they should have been two-parters at the minimum which would not only give each episodic story the time to breath but also cut down on the number of perceived fillers. Secondly, the lack of an ongoing narrative or antagonist has been aggravating as it deprives the heroes of something to grow in opposition to. The reason it worked in Kitarou is because that series has a massive cast of characters and it will allow Kitarou to be in an episode for as few as five minutes in order to let others shine, but Ghost Game always has to have the same six characters in every episode so it chews up time and prevents the COTDs from being memorable or well developed.

Anyways that was just me ranting.

I know what you mean. The creative team behind the anime went on in pre-release interviews about how much of an inspiration "GeGeGe no Kitarou" was to them but I don't feel like faithfully replicating that show within the Digimon franchise worked.

For starters, the mystery set-up then leading into a battle does not have enough time to be settled in one episode each week, they should have been two-parters at the minimum which would not only give each episodic story the time to breath but also cut down on the number of perceived fillers. Secondly, the lack of an ongoing narrative or antagonist has been aggravating as it deprives the heroes of something to grow in opposition to. The reason it worked in Kitarou is because that series has a massive cast of characters and it will allow Kitarou to be in an episode for as few as five minutes in order to let others shine, but Ghost Game always has to have the same six characters in every episode so it chews up time and prevents the COTDs from being memorable or well developed.

Anyways that was just me ranting.
Well put. The lack of an overarching narrative is bothering me as well since it has been very much a problem-of-the-week show so far. I don't think Ghost Game is aggravatingly bad or anything, it's just... there. I usually don't like to brand things as "meh" but I think it this case it does describe my feelings on Ghost Game pretty well. Which is sad because almost every Digimon series so far had something that excited me in one way or another, even if it was just a small part of the show.

Got around to finally watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden: Spiral Labyrinth OVA (this one focusing on Yang Wen-li, similar to how the other OVA focused on Reinhard). Afterwards I'll finally complete the rest of the Die Neue These adaptations, specifically Second and then Collision, so I can be caught up to when Sakubou releases this fall. This franchise never fails to impress me tbh, one of my favorite older anime and newer anime adaptations.

Also decided to get back into the Pokemon anime a while ago. Picked it back up after I fell off it when the Diamond and Pearl anime finished years ago, so I'm close to finishing the Black and White anime currently. I don't think any adaptation will top DP for me, seeing clips of Iris and Cilan's anime versions on YouTube before really put me off tbh, and from what I've watched this series is really not looking to be that good (not bad either but definitely more meh). Maybe other seasons will be better, but I'm not having high hopes and good impressions so far.

Actually, I Am. It's a pseudo-harem anime about a bunch of awkward dorks trying to hide super obvious secrets from each other. Naturally, the protag is the Bad Poker Face meme in character form.

My current watchlist as of now is:

The Shaman King reboot,
AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline,
Number24,
and today I'll be starting Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS and ending Bungo and Alchemist.

Last edited:
Watched episode 11 of Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story. The show is starting to kind of fall in my favorites of sports series, it's still good imo, but I realized I liked the earlier episodes a bit more. Regardless there's still two more episodes left, so we'll see if it goes up a bit in my books.

Also finally got around to watching My Dress-Up Darling. I put this one off for a bit as it didn't really catch my interest at first, but one of my online friends says it's actually pretty good, and so far it's okay. I do like how it started as it felt a bit different from other romcoms, I'm at episode 5 currently so hopefully it'll keep up for me.

Ended Bungo and Alchemist yesterday. As mentioned over in my little Review page, I found it to be an enjoyable little series and the dub was easily the best thing about it.

The usual round of Shaman King, AMAIM, Number24 and the newest addition to the bunch: Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS.

In Sevens's case the second episode was pretty good being a nice introduction to how Rush Duels normally work and in Shaman King's case I'm up to where the manga stuff is adapted and I'm especially enjoying Greg Chun as Matamune. He really nails the calm delivery and even the sadness the character has.

I'll be starting Thermae Romae Novae as well, probably on Wednesday.

Just completed cowboy bebob
Screenshot_20220619-141749_Gallery.jpg

Same as usual except that I'm really liking Abby Espiritu a lot as Romin Kassidy in SEVENS and I'm most certainly looking forward to any upcoming Romin duels.

Watched episode 1 of Vermeil in Gold. Pretty good start so far, I quite like Vermeil as she's a fun character (and demon characters are just great in general imo), and Lilia is that one very annoying character currently so she might take a while for me to warm up to. The art is also amazing, so I'll certainly be watching this all the way through. I hear the manga is pretty great with good pacing, so I might check that one out too.

I also finally got around to watching Spy x Family. The first episode didn't disappoint luckily, seems to be following the manga closely which is what I was hoping for. Seeing Anya finally animated is nice, she's even cuter here. Now I'm thinking of getting back into reading the manga again after putting it on hold, though I'll probably wait until I finish at least two out of four other series I'm reading.

Back
Top Bottom