• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Tokyo Mew Mew reboot! I love it already, it's such a blast of nostalgia and I feel my middle school days returning with a vengeance.

i just finished beyblade v-force last night and i'm so... this is like the third time atleast that beyblade has just taken me the fuck out but this might be the most bizarre occurrence of it and i just need to talk about this so bad because they pulled out the most batshit, completely unforeshadowed when it comes to the character it's about (yet still in character for the season it's in) plot twist i've seen in my goddamn life. and so like after that.. whatever the hell i watch the final episode and i've been trying to wrap my head around it for the whole day because it's just So Fucked when you look at the big picture but they just don't really acknowledge that because they had a whopping one episode to dwell on it.

beyblade is a goddamn trip, man. it seems g-revolution is like way better than v-force though so i've got that to look forward to.

Finally got around to watching Shuffle! after years of putting it off. I didn't really like the visual novel of it much, only the music and like one character, Kaede, are the things I liked about it. So far, the anime version is very meh. I only watched the first episode but already I feel the blandness coming back (funnily enough, YouTube clips I watched of this series years ago made it look more interesting and fun); but I did like the prologue OVA, granted it was only eight minutes so not enough to really bore me lol. Regardless I'll stick it out for a few more episodes and see if it really hooks me, at the most I'll stick with it if only for best girl Kaede.

Just got back from a screening of The Deer King. Man, that ANN review wasn't kidding when it said the movie was extremely dense and packed to the brim with plot and characters that are hard to follow. But I still liked it! I may need to rewatch it when it comes out on home video so I can understand it better.

Watched Dragon Ball Super Super: Super Hero and i liked it way more than i thought i would. I watched the first trailer when it dropped and i remember being underwhelmed, specially not liking the animation. But maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but it feels like they touched up the animation, making the 3D and 2D blend much better, to the point i actually like its animation.

In terms of plot, it's the usual fare for Dragon Ball, but the best part is that the main characters are Gohan and my man Piccolo. They finally got to do shit and it was amazing. The reason for Goku and Vegeta not showing up to help is kind of silly, but the whole franchise is kind of silly and i'm fine with Goku and Vegeta taking breaks from being main characters, at least for the movies. And if this means Gohan and Piccolo get to do more stuff in the anime and manga, i'm actually excited for the future of this franchise.

Did a little retro anime viewing due to the mood I've been in. Okay, not entirely "retro", but since I've been in a Battle Network mood I watched MegaMan NT Warrior Axess Episode 4: Double Soul for the first time in years.

I really wish it was on DVD, as the episode still contained the little "contest" that aired at the same time as the anime on Kids WB, where the NetNavi-of-the-day would appear onscreen while the episode is playing and you enter its name on their site to win a prize or whatever it was way back when I was a teen. Slightly distracting, but it felt good to watch it again.

As for the episode itself, it was the debut of FlashMan, Dark Chips, and Roll Soul. At least the MegaMan anime was one of the few anime of its time that allowed female character to actually be strong and competent, as anime!Roll is certainly a step-up from most of game!Roll's showings. Shame the Double Souls in the games don't possess the power to turn enemy's attack power against them but considering the fact that some of the Souls like Roll and Metal where stupidly broken in-game (to the point that Roll Soul is, or was, outright banned from tournaments) that'd probably break the games to bits. Though it would make dealing with Duo easier, considering he's the hardest final boss in the series, even in just the first playthrough (as someone who recently played the first playthourgh final boss battle with Duo, exhausting my chip folder in the process, I can say confirm that with confidence). But I digress. Still, felt good to watch it again, especially since the Battle Network Legacy Collection was announced a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll dig out my old NT Warrior DVDs and watch them again for old time's sake.

Since I spent two weeks off not watching anything, I decided today's the best kind of day so the usual round of Shaman King, AMAIM, Number24 and Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS, except I watched four episodes of Shaman instead of the usual two to make up for it.

The latest pokeani episode. I've fallen really behind with stuff... husband's friend is telling us to watch Spy x Family though, so going to have to add that to the list and perhaps watch sooner than later. It looks cute. <3

Please watch it as soon as you get a chance!! It's hilarious and adorable and one of the most fun shows I've ever watched. It's on hiatus at the moment and only 12 episodes are out, so it wouldn't take too long to catch up.

Yu-Yu Hakusho Episode 21, taking a trip down nostalgia lane folks and I remember it being a pretty solid show.

Watched Dragon Ball Super Super: Super Hero and i liked it way more than i thought i would. I watched the first trailer when it dropped and i remember being underwhelmed, specially not liking the animation. But maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but it feels like they touched up the animation, making the 3D and 2D blend much better, to the point i actually like its animation.

In terms of plot, it's the usual fare for Dragon Ball, but the best part is that the main characters are Gohan and my man Piccolo. They finally got to do shit and it was amazing. The reason for Goku and Vegeta not showing up to help is kind of silly, but the whole franchise is kind of silly and i'm fine with Goku and Vegeta taking breaks from being main characters, at least for the movies. And if this means Gohan and Piccolo get to do more stuff in the anime and manga, i'm actually excited for the future of this franchise.
Definitely going to check it out soon, Super has been super hit or miss for me but I've always loved the Gohan x Piccolo dynamic in Dragonball and it seems like a return to form.

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 36: I really wonder where this series is going, we've haven't had a plot in ages outside of these episodes and there's been no major recurring villain and GulusGammamon hasn't show up in ages and now everyone has gone Perfect/Ultimate (though not liking how Angoramon's Perfect is a berserker which really goes against his personality I feel). I do like how this episode used a Frontier character since they've been rarely used since their debut (outside a few here and there like in Xros Wars such as the creepy Mirror villain and straight up Lucemon).

Motherf***ing Kamen Rider Double: Fuuto PI Episode 1: I've been waiting for this day. Kamen Rider finally ventures into anime after their venture into a serialized manga with this sequel. The animation is beautiful, the bike animation is beautiful (which is a lot since we don't get bike action in live-action Kamen Rider often anymore thanks to strict Japanese laws). The only downside is that none of the actors from the show return outside of two who do the theme for the show (and it is unsure if they'll voice their characters since they are dead, though they did do a small recreation of the Begins Night opening of the show which feature one said dead character) and their voice actors are ones who did a game featuring some of them. But still I'm really happy this happening, plus I get Kamen Rider twice a week now. I just really hope this isn't 12 episodes, especially since the manga isn't fully translated so I'm in the dark about a lot of what happens.

Watching my usual anime list (it was very nice to hear Kirk Thornton in Shaman King) and for sh*ts and giggles Goal to The Future.

The dub is pretty good so far but christ on a bicycle this has to be one of the most overblown anime shows I've come across where nearly the entire main cast is yelling or getting emotional over everything and it's honestly unintentionally hilarious.

It's really not helping that some of these guys are pretty darn unlikable too, yeesh.

Hideto Tsuji might be the most wimpy emotional edgiest dude I've come across in an anime.

Back
Top Bottom