• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Took a brief glimpse back at the Yu-Gi-Oh 9 ep cancelled Uncut dub from way back in 2004, amazes me how much better the dub sounds with the Japanese OST kept and yet the acting is a bit worse than in the 2001 cut/edited dub at the same time- if the two were melded, could've had something great though.

Took a brief glimpse back at the Yu-Gi-Oh 9 ep cancelled Uncut dub from way back in 2004, amazes me how much better the dub sounds with the Japanese OST kept and yet the acting is a bit worse than in the 2001 cut/edited dub at the same time- if the two were melded, could've had something great though.
Honestly I don't think the Uncut dub is all that great. Stiff sounding acting (this dub is the worst that Kaiba has ever sounded with him in full yelling mode) and even the translation is off on occasions ("Grandpa is taken.")

I guess it's still better than the Odex one.

Honestly I don't think the Uncut dub is all that great. Stiff sounding acting (this dub is the worst that Kaiba has ever sounded with him in full yelling mode) and even the translation is off on occasions ("Grandpa is taken.")

I guess it's still better than the Odex one.
Yami Yugi is also shouting everywhere, yeah, that’s the drawback here. I think the script and music are better here but the acting is better in the cut edited episodes, the irony.

Kamen Rider W: Fuuto PI Episode 2 - The transformation was beautiful, man it's great to see this series animated.

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 37 - The protagonists finally get the willing to kill outside of using GulusGammamon, but it still we're not moving forward with the story it seems.

Re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho dubbed because nostalgia tripping, was the second dub I watched besides Dragonball (not Z!) that was pretty accurate overall to the source Material outside the incessant cursing.

I'm about halfway through the Dark Tournament Saga now (Ep. 53 ish): it's oddly a lot better than I remember it being, used to hate it and skip right to the Sensui Arc after "Kuwabara saved Yukina arc" because of all the gore as a teenager from the demons but used to it now.

With the new anime adaptation of Urusei Yatsura mere weeks away, it was the perfect opportunity to rewatch the old British Dub of the show. Well, perhaps I should say "dub" as it was back when the West didn't take those funny Asian cartoons seriously and went wild with it. Not quite to Ghost Stories levels of abridged humour but it gets close in some scenes.

The Matt Lucas as Ataru gets me every time. :ROFLMAO:

At Episode 78 in the Yu-Yu Hakusho dub now, re-watching it & finished the Dark Tournament Saga so far entering Chapter Black. This is actually one of my favorite episodes so far.

Incredibly good movie. The animation never quite hits the same highs as Broly did, but it still looks incredibly good. I'll be honest right up until the final trailer I was never really sure about the style, but once you're sitting there and the movie actually starts you settle in extremely quickly. The 2D effects layer into it seamlessly and the animation takes full advantage of the benefits that a fully 3D space affords to framing and a sense of space.
The writing was also top-notch in the vast majority of cases, and the way the story was structured was pretty much a series of solid decisions through and through. Krillin gets absolutely no respect from the writing though and I do think that's a shame.
I am kinda disappointed that Orange Piccolo is just given to him for free by Shenron, but the movie also redeems itself with the awakening of Gohan Blanco. I was also kinda worried about falling back into old imagery to try and prop things up with the use of Cell MAX, but the fact that it specifically used Cell's least popular design as a base, it being logically tied in with the story being about a Red Ribbon scientist using androids, and the fact that the beats stood on their own mean it worked as more than just surface visual callbacks.
So yeah, great movie, very good.

Last edited:
Cardcaptor Sakura, one of the seminal magical girl series that I’ve wanting to get into for a very long time now! Episodes 1 and 2.

Watching this gave me the kind of joy, appreciation, and nostalgia for old-school anime that I haven’t experienced since watching Nausicaä for the first time so many years ago. While I certainly appreciate all of the great and diverse works that have come about in more recent years — magical girl series included — and how incredible modern anime is able to look today with the advent of modern technology and all of that, I think it’s true when they say that they really don’t make them quite like this anymore.

Cardcaptor Sakura, Episodes 3-5

Spy x Family, Episodes 8-9
Kind of embarrassing how much longer I have before catching up with the most recent episodes, but whatever. The Briars, though… “Hey bro, sorry I’m covered in blood and everything, but I was able to buy that book you wanted! It was like murder trying to get it. Enjoy!” “T-Thanks, sis!” Seriously, how the hell do those two even function!?

Delicious Party Pretty Cure, Episodes 1-4
My first time with this series, which I decided to try on a whim! I want to compare old (Futari wa) to new (this), as well as get a chance to get the live Precure experience once I catch up to… episode 30-something, at this point? Ugh, how I hate long queues. While it certainly took long enough for someone besides Yui to get the spotlight (with a certain other important character appearing for, what, all of ten seconds with maybe one or two lines to her name?) and I have yet to take the Bundoru Gang seriously even after four episodes, I’m enjoying what I’m seeing of this show so far, even as I still have to get used to the somewhat strange rules of its ultra food-focused universe. It has potential and I’m hoping that it rises up to the challenge of meeting it.

Watched episode 1 of Heaven Official's Blessing. It's pretty good so far; animation is great, characters are interesting (especially Lian Xie), and the storyline seems interesting. I needed a new BL to watch anyway, and this is a recent one (2020 release) that was in my PTW list for a while. Plus, lately I've been getting back into Chinese, as well as Korean, anime/manga again. I have high hopes for this series, so most likely if I really enjoy this one I'll get into the original novel version too.

Aside from that, I've been a bit busy these past few weeks to really finish other anime I'm watching. Recently started Pokemon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond (a bit meh), and still watching A Little Snow Fairy Sugar (also kinda meh). For current airing anime, I'm watching both Chainsaw Man and The Eminence in Shadow, both are pretty good so far.

Tomorrow I might rewatch (and most likely reread) the Magi series again. I've been reminiscing about this series, and I really want more Magi content again, so the urge to revisit it is very high for me lol. Also, it's just a really enjoyable series, and I'd say it's tied for me with MASHLE in how fun it is (very different series and premise I know, but my enjoyment for both is the same).

Uuuuugh. I randomly decided to watch episode 1 of Romantic Killer just to hear the dub, and by God, this show is just terrible. Its entire premise and the treatment of its main character is just so blatantly mean-spirited and cruel it's not even funny! Not even gonna bother with the rest of it. I spent the whole episode just feeling sorry for Anzu. "Hey, random girl I don't know! I'm gonna forcibly blackmail you and bully you into participating into this game I made because I think the lifestyle you love so much sucks! It's your duty to find a bishounen to mate with and reverse Japan's low birth rate problem! Teeheehee!" Because heaven forbid the main character be happy with her current life and not care about romance, am I right? Uuuugh.

I've been hearing good things about "Chainsaw Man" so I decided to ignore my usual rule of waiting for the season to be over before checking out new stuff and after three episodes, I can safely say it's passed the test. Denji is hilarious as an MC, Pochita is adorable and I would buy a plushie, the action is great and the world has me intrigued what with Devils and Fiends being both public knowledge and references to the Soviet Union.

I'm definitely sticking with this one. :bulbaLove:

The first three episodes of Do It Yourself!!. It is a very chill, wholesome and lovely slice-of-life anime. After Super Cub, it could be my favorite of its genre.

do-it-yourself.png

People recommend I watch Demon Slayer. I already love Zenitsu. The people who do his voice in every language this get dubbing into have vocal cords of steel.

Back
Top Bottom