Movies/TV What was the last movie you watched?

Reaction score
Triple Frontier on Netflix

hmmm - very average - not particularly gripping, most of the action scenes are in the trailer, dragged on a bit. Nothing new about it.

Looked great in the trailer but at best 6/10.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I liked it too, but I have to wonder why Laika's movies get ton of praise, yet are box office bombs.
Because they don't get promoted enough and because mainstream media doesn't care for anything that doesn't involve special effects, super heroes, or have a lot of non-stop action.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
Because they don't get promoted enough and because mainstream media doesn't care for anything that doesn't involve special effects, super heroes, or have a lot of non-stop action.
And fanservice, apparently.

Reaction score
Streets of Fire

Amazing. I wish I had known about it sooner.

From what I've read in bombed in theaters but was a big influence on beatemup games and a lot of 80s anime.

Reaction score
Polar - 6/10
John Wick wannabe, but lacked style of Wick, quite what Matt Lucas was doing in it I have no idea.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
I watched Big Money Rustlas with friends. It was a damn trip. It’s like high-low-brow.

Reaction score
Matangi/Maya/M.I.A. - 7/10
Much more interesting than I thought. I had no idea about the superbowl incident and the furore it caused. Obviously it's quite a biased film but you get a good insight into how badly the "media" can just decide to go after someone and create blockade after blockade in someone's career. Always liked her music. Kala was wicked.

Purple Poison Pupa
Reaction score
Osmosis Jones. Before that, The King’s Speech.

Making a Splash
Reaction score
Toy Story 4. I saw it last week, alongside my uncle. Kinda symbolic, since he had taken me to see Toy Story 2 when I was eight, so now I returned the favor by inviting him to watch the sequel.