• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the last thing that made you angry?

Tailgated twice in two weeks. The first one was just too close (it was already busy but people gave each other some space) and had to lightly swerve left to avoid hitting me because they couldn't brake on time.

The second one was someone who actually was driving to my college as well. It was starting to get busy on the road because it was 12pm but again, people still give each other space. She kept tailgating me and then got on the right lane only to be halted by a truck. It was great.

Honestly, it is tiring to disagree politically with your own parents sometimes. An instance of that happened not too long ago tonight. Not to get into too much detail, but let's just say that I feel that certain figures in the government of my country are not very pro-women for various reasons, and my own mom like... just doesn't get it. I dunno, it's just frustrating to me. Especially since she says that the party that she disagrees with is the one who can't stand listening to the other side... but that's exactly what she does with politics lol. That's the part that gets me, the hypocritical part. I can make concessions like "okay, I can see where that's coming from" to some things I disagree with, but what do I know, I guess I'm just too "liberal" and I wouldn't understand.

To be fair, I purposely mentioned something politics-related to my sister while my mom was in the room partly wanting to see what my mom would say ehehe... All of it was my actual thoughts on it, though.

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and they let me say my stuff even if they disagree, but man does it get irritating sometimes when it's like... you have three daughters and yet you don't always lean toward the things that are best for women's autonomy and whatever???

Reading all the utterly nasty, horrific comments on Monica Rial's Twitter account when she talked about what Vic Mignogna did to her. God, it's just terrible. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is verbally attacking her and calling her names and basically making her out to be a monster for talking about it or not revealing evidence due to confidentiality. Some are claiming she's deliberately playing the victim. This is awful. It's no wonder people who had to deal with sexual harassment are afraid to talk about their experiences, it's because of stuff like that, and she seriously does NOT deserve all of this hate.

Learning that the new Octopath Traveler game is for smartphones only. UGH!!! I love this series! Why couldn't it be a console game?! I don't play mobile phone games! I want to support this franchise and I love the original game, but come on! Well, at least Square said there IS going to be a sequel for the console later, so I guess I can take some comfort in that.

Gonna keep this vague, but I am just absolutely fed up with my brother. Nothing new, but I just... UGH just hearing his voice makes my blood boil, and there are some things going on since yesterday that I am still fuming about when I think about it. It's just amazing (in a bad way) that I can have two sisters who are great... and then a brother who has to be like this. Where did it all go wrong with that one... :/

Why can't my mom just leave me alone when I'm just going to make my grades better anyway? But this wasn't her fault, it was my brother's fault for calling her and telling her this. At least my dad was cool about the situation and didn't bother me about it. This is why I never wanted to go to college, because anything school related makes my life a living nightmare of getting my spirit broken constantly.

It happened again with my laptop ;_;

My work week starts on Sunday, so of course my laptop decides that late Saturday afternoon is the perfect time to crap out on me. Every time I turn it on, it gives me that message about a cooling fan not functioning properly, and then it shuts down in a few seconds. The weird thing is though - that unlike last time this happened - the fan has been acting totally normal? No sad "wooo" death cries or popping sounds, or the laptop feeling hot. I suppose that's what I get for still using an 8-ish year old laptop, but it works so well aside from that... And I replaced that fan about a year ago, why is it having trouble already?

I'm really mad though because I legit NEED this laptop to do my work. This morning I've tried using the even MORE ancient desktop I have in my room, but that thing is slow as molasses and it's not working out at all. Did 11 minutes of work before I couldn't take the slowness anymore. My only hope is that one of my sister's old laptops runs decent enough for me to work on. I know she had one that wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi; if that's the only issue, I should be fine since I can just pop an ethernet cord in that bad boy. Otherwise... I don't even know. Might have to use some time off until I can get this resolved, which I REALLY don't want to do.

EDIT: Woo, her laptop works! Back in business... at least for now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom