• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

I'd say the single worst addition to Pokemon games was version exclusive legendaries. I don't mind having to trade for normal, breedable pokemon as you can always trade an arbok for a sandshrew or a stunky for a glameow if you know someone with the opposite game but very rarely is anyone willing to just hand you the other legendary without a price. Bad enough I have to get someone to give me a kyogre from one game just to catch a rayquaza in the game I have. You could get every legendary bar mew in normal game play in Red and Blue, same minus Celebi in Gold and Silver. I know they need more incentive to buy the third version on top of the one you probably bought when the first two came out but it's getting ridiculous. Event legendaries are bad enough, I've only been able to actually get my butt to events over the last year (even then I only went to the Jirachi one at Gamestop, the others I've gotten have been through wifi).

Hmmm what else? The fact that altered pokeathlon stats go back to normal if you stick the poke in the pc made me not want to touch that again which sucks because I just need two more events for the trainer card star. Contests seem pretty stupid to me and the anime made me outright hate the things because they make it look like the path girls should chose by making the female player characters really into them.

Oh and I'm not looking forward to the places looking different in Black and White and there being at least one version exclusive location in each because it makes everyone who has said multiple versions are 100% about money look more right instead of those of us who wanted to believe that they did that for player interaction. You were barely giving me the whole game with places I could only get with event items and now you want to give me places I can't get to at all unless I buy both?

I hate how they 'updated' the contests. They're harder, and imo, less fun. Also, I'm not keen on the idea of dressing up Pokemon. It's weird.

Isn't avoiding attacks just a fancy way of saying that the attack missed though?

taking away poisons supereffective against bug

wait,thats not an addition

contests, it made contest trainers show up in the anime, and that damn piplup stay a piplup

oh, and worst by far is making legendarys part of the story
honestly? some random 11 year old saves the world every year or so.
i liked it better when they werew just...over there, like "oh hai, i'm over here, come catch me if ya want"

roaming legendaries are bad. i also hate the 4 attack limit for a pokemon, and the GTS is horrible, it was a good idea at first and i was excited about it at first but all thosee stupid people who ask for legendaries for common pokemon are messed up.( I accidently traded my shiny Groudon for a Mudkip while doing the trade evolution glitch yesterday:bawl: i'll never get another one) im never going on the GTS again

ughhh,i hate defog.

altough i rather enoyed contests. i have no beef with them.

but the thing i hate the most was how stupid the safari zone became.

The same basically rehashed plot every time is old, but unsurprising and I suppose works. Also, it's not an addition.

Most HMs I don't have a problem with. mainly because you're playing on a 2D field and they're just various ways to restrict your path to somewhere. I'd much rather have an HM blocked path than some guy stopping you and saying "you can't go this way!" The only one that kind of annoys me is Defog. You can still move around pretty easily in any fogged area without it and it just being a flying move is just silly. A fire pokemon could spin fire around and heat the air up to make it go away. A water type could collect up the fog and do various things with the water, an ice type could freeze the fog and use the little ice crystals to do some damage or make the battefield slippery. Mainly, learning defog doesn't make new areas accessible like the HMs are supposed to do, it just makes a few spots somewhat easier to navigate.

Contests seem a waste to me, but they're completely optional.

The worst addition to the Pokemon games I would have to say is Version exclusive legendaries. I know they "fix" it each time with the third version of each generation that has them (crystal, emerald, and platinum). Having version exclusive pokemon is fine and dandy - that keeps it so you trade with people - but since you can catch more than one, or even breed more, it's not an issue. But legendaries (unless you count Phione) aren't breedable. The only way to get the VE legendaries is to own each version (not everyone can always afford that), trade & trade back the legendary with a friend/someone (adds to your pokedex but you cant show it off), trade off your legendary for another (then you still are missing one), breed something awesome enough that someone's willing to give you one (a lot of time possibly invested for the reward), or glitch cloning (depending on who you talk to is or isn't cheating).

Event exclusive legendaries (meaning you can't get them unless you go to the event) bothers me even more, but they've had those since the beginning (mew). Event exclusives (shiny, exclusive moves, odd items, etc) i'm cool with though.

I think the worst additon is the Pokewalker. I find it really annoying when you're just going up to a legendary then BOOM! Stupid fisherman Andrew calls you and says "Oh hey kiddo, wanna battle mah newly caught pokemanz? I'll be on route 34!", then the legendary pokemon goes away and then you have to go find it again and again and again!

I liked the original contests just fine; I managed to clear every single one, and I have the Statue to prove it. I HATE Super Contests though. The dress-up element has cost me dearly.
GAME: All right, the theme is..."The Created"!
ME: WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN???
Grrr...

The DPPt contests. They stripped away all of the strategy of in in favor of... dress-up and a fracking rhythm game. Screw that. If I wanted a rhythm game, I'd go back to trying to beat Jumping' Jack Flash on Hard mode in EBA. GIVE ME BACK MY STRATEGY.

Also: Runners. I. HATE. Runners. They are one of the worst ideas GameFreak has ever come up with. And then they decided that putting only one Masterball in a game with eight runners was a wonderful idea and sddhdkjftyhgdfxhgjdkhjfdfhmd.

HAET.

the menu at the bottom screen is a good idea, just taking me a while to get used to

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom