• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

The worst addition? I would have to say every place where you find the Unowns in Gen III and Gen IV. At least in G/S/C and now HG/SS there was actually some fun solving the puzzles. After that, the places where you find Unowns have lost the spark they had, from the Ruins of Alph.

The play time clock.

If it weren't for it, I would leave my Pokemon games on forever and endlessly train.(Then again, most of my favorite games have that stupid feature) Also that stupid Old Man in FR/LG that gives you the useless Teachy TV.

I hated anything that used the touchscreen, as I always prefer to use the buttons. The underground is the only exception because it is my favorite sidegame.

Contests by themselves were not all that bad to me. But when they added the fashion and dance sections I just gave up. It's like a bad joke. A bad joke that's going to be taken further in Black and White...Pokemon Musical!? I want to cry.

And I didn't like a lot of the gimmicks in Diamond/Pearl. Poffins, the Underground, the sheer number of legendaries. Four, five legendaries is okay, but they lose their awesomeness when there are FOURTEEN OF THEM.

Contests by themselves were not all that bad to me. But when they added the fashion and dance sections I just gave up. It's like a bad joke. A bad joke that's going to be taken further in Black and White...Pokemon Musical!? I want to cry.

And I didn't like a lot of the gimmicks in Diamond/Pearl. Poffins, the Underground, the sheer number of legendaries. Four, five legendaries is okay, but they lose their awesomeness when there are FOURTEEN OF THEM.

I actually liked the contests in Gen III. They were a great distraction from the main game and they made me think about the game in a whole new way. However, I never tried them in Gen IV. They just seemed way too unnecessarily complicated, and I didn't see any point. I'll likely not be doing Pokémon Musical, either.

I have to point out that a lot of the Gen IV storyline had to do with mythology and legends in the Sinnoh region, so it made sense that there were a lot of legendary Pokémon.

So, what's my least favorite addition to the games? I have to say: Stealth Rock. Not gonna lie, I hate it. At times it seems like the entire competitive metagame revolves around it, and it makes certain Pokémon (*cough* CHARIZARD *cough*) almost unusable. I could definitely do without it.

Hm. Legendaries. Specifically, the new "Mewtwo" and "Mew" of every generation. The 50,000 uber dragons don't help either, although not all of them are legendary. I liked it better when there were only three dragons.

The phone/match call. Why? They're not a vs. seeker. Why do I have level 35 pokemon when I'm trying to go up against tate & liza? BECAUSE I CAN'T BATTLE ANYBODY. RAGE. Why do I keep answering my own questions? Because it sounds cool. Isn't that a little wierd? No.

I was fine with legendaries being the center of the plot; but adding a bajillion with every new generation just makes them less valuable and, well... less legendary. :/

Actually having to do plot-related things that you feel are unnecessary. Gosh, I don't want to save this town from the evil group, I just want to finish the game without the petty tasks.

Odd. I think the new plot-based direction is great.

I was fine with legendaries being the center of the plot; but adding a bajillion with every new generation just makes them less valuable and, well... less legendary. :/

ThisX1,000,000. It's kinda cliche, yeah, but legendary Pokémon being the subject of the plot gives the plot more weight, IMO. But there are too many.

^ Yep, I agree as well. Also, am I the only person here who loves Super Contests? D:

The constant loss and reappearance of the VS. Seeker (does this even count? xD), Musicals (never tried them, but all you do is dress up Pokemon, and watch them dance. There's NO interaction whatsoever! =/), Contests (was never a fan of them), reusable TMs (I like it and all, but now HMs aren't any different from TMs :<), and there being 3 legendary trios in B/W. There's only supposed to be one, dammit. T_T

now HMs aren't any different from TMs

Aside from HMs being required to progress through the games and being unable to be deleted from a moveset aside from using the Move Deleter.

Besides, they compensated by making TMs hella-expensive.

Poffins for me, mostly because I could NEVER make a decent enough one to max out my Feebas's Beauty.

Now, the old Pokeblock mixing method... that was my type of minigame.

the fact that you can't choose to skip the tutorials at the beginning of the game, it takes too long and i start to get bored
me: i'm going to start a new game
computer: thisis how you catch a pokemon (for the 100th time)
me: *put down game*

It's weird. Everyone hates contests, but I was good at them. I hated them, but I was good at them.
However, I love walking Pokemon! They're so cute! And it's fun to have them with you! Why can't they just make that mandatory?!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom