• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

Getting rid of the awesomeness that is Dive. I don't want to have Defog to use in one or two caves. Also Flash should be an HM. It's annoying when you teach it to a level 5 Bellsprout, and have to use it late in the game (Cerulean Cave). Rock Climb... just... no. I understand why we had Whirlpool, but Rock Climb?

On the issue of Pokéathlons and Contests, I like both... For me they're a relief of sorts when I get bored of fighting trainer after trainer. It would be nice if they could both be in one game, but I digress. I know I'm in the minority here, but they can be addictive at times.

The new "Game Corner" is terrible. I want the slot machines and roulette back. You can keep Voltorb flip, but add the slots and roulette back in.

As for Secret Bases and the Underground... Secret Bases were fun in that you could train your Pokémon against one of your friends' and gain experience. The Underground was fun for me for much the same reasons that Contests and Pokéathlons were.

Oh, and as for the GTS... Too many unreasonable trades. No, I will not trade my Metagross for your level four Bidoof. It's a great concept, but everything seems to be hacked or unreasonable.

Last edited:
Contests, utter waste of time. I never even did them.

Bidoof

I think the Underground was awesome, I always seemed to find stones and shards whenever I went down there.

The GTS takes the cake though. Asking for a Growlithe and they want a Darkrai in return, screw that.

Another worst addition to the game -

Vespiquen. We really dont need anymore Bug/Flying pokemon.

I bleame the economy...notice how there's not much people in the voltob flip area too? They shoulda kept the slots in Celadon City though for originality

Yep they really should have. Another thing letting the CPU's be able to call you even when they don't want a battle >.>

The Underground. Seriously.

The GTS was a wonderful tool, until the Americans got the game. Not being racist, but when it was only the Japanese games, it was really useful. Now, it's useless.

lol wut? of all the i want a seadra for shayim trades and what not from foreign countries. Hey now dont single out America.

GTS would be good if they would apply some kind of method to stop stupid and unreasonable trades

RSE... they where just bad.
Dive was terrible, I hated surfing, so making me do more of that was so annoying.
I loved the contests and they did great with the DPP contests.
Double battles... ugh, so annoying and just damn right pointless.
Touch screen menu.
The HGSS boxes make me want to snap my DSi. (What where they thinking?)
Tangrowth.
I love events, I've been to all of them in the UK, but I hate the fact that the Japanese have way more then us.
Keeping your badges clean, they take so long to clean, and then they get dirty way too fast :C.
Getting rid of proper gambling machines in the Western release, damn Australians and their stupid laws against it...
Mew and Smeargle being able to learn Transform... not good, Ditto was different on that ¬.¬
Well, I can't think of any more.. meh.

The introduction of Legendary pokemon to the plot. Now that every game revolves around saving the world, they're cheesier and more child-like.

I very much agree with this even it continuasly adds more legendaries to the games

Get rid of voltorb flip for the game corner. Replace the game Corner with an arcade. Maybe if Junichi Masuda and Satoshi Tajiri can get Shigeru Miyamoto's permission, maybe they could include Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3, and Mario Bros as arcade games, since Nintendo seems to exist within the Pokémon games. And maybe replace the coin case with a points card.

Contests were nice, but Super Contests were just plain awful. I hope Pokemon Musical is at least okay.

Dive was terrible, I hated surfing, so making me do more of that was so annoying.
I loved the contests and they did great with the DPP contests.
Double battles... ugh, so annoying and just damn right pointless.
Touch screen menu.
The HGSS boxes make me want to snap my DSi. (What where they thinking?)
Tangrowth.
I love events, I've been to all of them in the UK, but I hate the fact that the Japanese have way more then us.
Keeping your badges clean, they take so long to clean, and then they get dirty way too fast :C.
Getting rid of proper gambling machines in the Western release, damn Australians and their stupid laws against it...
Mew and Smeargle being able to learn Transform... not good, Ditto was different on that ¬.¬
Well someone agrees with me about contests.
double battles two pokemon get to fight and both get exp. what's wrong with that?
Touch screen menu is more Convenient .
HGSS boxes are EVIL though
Um tangrowth? that doesn't make a game wrose...
Well they did make the games and the chips for the events...
Clean badges? who cares? I only cleaned 'em so I could get distracted by the shinyness.
The Slot machines should come back!
Mew should be able to learn it. Smeargle just copies what he sees and does that.

I really liked contests and all, but the Pokéthon was really... meh, and I wasn't super-ly keen on the Super Contests. Just regular contests were enough for me.

And the Underground got really boring/pointless after a while.

...I am really confused how someone could consider 100% optional contests the WORST feature ever added. Seriously, I refuse to believe you're thinking this though. This is coming from someone who also doesn't particularly like contests.

Worst thing ever was Arceus, really. Or at least, his story. I mean, you have the god of the universe at your beck and call, obeying your every word. And he still can get the shit beat out of him by a level 1 Ratatta.

Arceus, the underground, and super contests. I liked the original contests. :/

I really didn't like that they added a bunch of legendaries to D/P/Pt. I can understand why they added a bunch from past generations, but I think that they didn't really need to make that many for D/P/Pt. I also hated that they replaced slot machines with minesweeper.

the underground was only useful to get fossils, heart scales, etc so i would be more than happy if they either take it out or make it better (which i doubt) super contests were wayyy too easy, defog, and to make it so hard to rematch the gym leaders in hg/ss. also at least put the machines back in the game corner but at least keep voltorb flip, also i want the early stones (fire, water, leaf, etc) to evolve more pokemon, well actually, with all the stones really.

It's the European Union's Law. Not the Aussies! (Wow, a helped out the aussies for once. I bet I have a diesese!( i'm from New Zealand, Australia's underapprieciated next-doo-neighbour!))

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom