• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was Your Favorite Pokemon Team that You've Had in a Playthrough?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
This thread seems like the most obvious to exist, but I searched it up and I didn't see anything. The title really explains it all. What was your favorite Pokemon team that you've had in a playthrough? We're talking about the team that you had when you became champion.

My personal favorite team was my Ultra Moon team:

File:Spr 7s 730.png
Undyne the Primarina: Ever since the final evolutions for the Alola starters were revealed, Primarina was my favorite. It looked so beautiful and even though it looks beautiful, it can still cripple a team pretty quick. It's Z-move is really fun to use in battle and it's my favorite starter of all time.
File:Spr 7s 760.png
Churro the Bewear: Bewear is my 2nd favorite pokemon of all time. The design is absolutely adorable, it's personality is just so cute where it just means well and doesn't realize it's hurting people, and it's dex entry is hilariously dark.
File:Spr 7s 756.png
Flowey the Shiinotic: Shiinotic is a very strange pokemon, but i kinda like it because of that. I don't tend to like mushroom pokemon(unless it was breloom). But this one was, just i like it better. even though it is kinda weak, i trained it til it became a valuable player.
File:Spr 7s 758.png
Melody the Slazzle: I actually went out to seek a female Salandit, and it took hours. But when i finally found one, the pay off was felt great. My Salazzle had a great moveset, a beautiful design, and it was just a great pokemon.
File:Spr 7s 778.png
Pancake the Mimikyu: Mimikyu is my 3rd favorite pokemon of all time. It's amazing and so precious. It's design is adorable and really well thought out, it's lore is awesome, and it's really fun to kill everything in one hit with Let's Snuggle Forever.
File:Spr 7s 774R.png
Adorbable the Minior: Minior is my 3rd favorite flying type, and it's my favorite rock type. It looks absolutley adorable, it's concept its great, i felt like we needed a shooting start pokemon, and it's just really adorable and precious.

Last edited:
Red: Venusaur, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Vaporeon, Jynx, Butterfree
Gold: Typhlosion, Noctowl, Ampharos, Quagsire, Girafarig, Umbreon
Ruby: Blaziken, Mightyena, Swellow, Gyarados, Camerupt, Absol
Emerald: Sceptile, Linoone, Altaria, Milotic, Absol, Metagross
LeafGreen: Venusaur, Pidgeot, Ninetales, Jolteon, Lapras, Jynx
Platinum: Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Lopunny, Garchomp, Lucario
SoulSilver: Typhlosion, Noctowl, Ampharos, Quagsire, Espeon, Miltank
Black: Serperior, Stoutland, Swoobat, Zebstrika, Gothitelle, Mienshao
Black 2: Samurott, Musharna, Lopunny, Archeops, Cofagrigus, Beartic
X: Delphox, Talonflame, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Houndoom
Alpha Sapphire: Blaziken, Mightyena, Pelipper, Milotic, Absol, Walrein
Moon: Primarina, Toucannon, Gumshoos, Mudsdale, Lurantis, Mimikyu
Ultra Sun: Decidueye, Zoroark, Alola Raichu, Passimian, Houndoom, Alola Ninetales

As per the thread these were my teams to take on the Elite Four. Note that these teams consist of some favorites and choices at the time, and obviously some Pokémon I may have had in my team before were removed for new ones above. I didn't add every game as I didn't start getting both versions until gen III, and the other version is for replay value. In DP's case I lost them, so I only added in Platinum.

My Y team, because I planned it out from a competitive standpoint even though I don't care about competitive play. It helped me win a wi-fi battle against my sister who is a competitive battler so it's always had a special place in my heart. I also enjoyed the Cowboy Bebop naming theme I went with.

It was comprised of Spiek the Chesnaught (I had to spell it that way because of the censor), Jet the Blaziken, Vicious the Blastoise, Ein the Furfrou, Edward the Helioptile, and Faye the Goodra.

I recently finished a play-through of Ruby and I re-used my team from the same game from my 2nd play-through back in 2003/04. Also used this team in Omega Ruby.
  • Blaziken
  • Pelipper
  • Gardevoir
  • Breloom
  • Minun
  • Flygon
I also had a team in Platinum that I liked but most of its members weren't transferred to later gens before I deleted my save.
  • Torterra
  • Infernape
  • Empoleon
  • Luxray
  • Garchomp
  • Giratina

One of my White 2 teams. I tried for a more mixed offensive/defensive playstyle than usual - it consisted of Serperior, Steelix, Arcanine, Simipour, Crustle, and Braviary. It's what I used to clear the White Treehollow, and I even made a surprising amount of progress into the Battle Subway on a "what the hell, I'm bored, let's see how far we get" run.

In Pokemon Colosseum, by the endgame my team largely consisted of the starter pair (Espeon and Umbreon) and the complete Johto beast trio (Entei, Suicune, Raikou). I forget who rounded out the final slot in the team.

I've technically been on a 6-year-long grass monotype run in HeartGold with this team:
  • Meganium
  • Parasect
  • Gloom
  • Jumpluff
  • Exeggcute
They've been utterly destroyed by most of the gym leaders but I love them anyway.

Also had this team in Y that I thought had a neat look to it:
  • Vivillon
  • Barbaracle
  • Florges
  • Klefki
  • Dragalge
  • Swalot

I think my team in regular Sun--Primarina, Vikavolt, Lycanroc-Midday, Toucannon, Lurantis, and Salazzle--is one of my favorites mainly because I enjoyed catching them (I was so happy when I caught a Rockruff, aka Pebbles, in a Luxury Ball) and because I feel really connected to them. Pretty much all of these species became my favorite in some way, in part because they were on my team. Vikavolt and Salazzle are my favorite Bug and Poison types respectively while Lurantis and Lycanroc are among my top five favorite Grass and Rock types. Toucannon is my third favorite regional bird while Popplio is among my favorite starters (Primarina I'm not the biggest fan of, but I still chose Popplio anyway).

In order they are Splash (♂), Striker (♀), Pebbles (), Pecks (♀), Mimic (♀), and Neurotoxin (♀). I did not hunt for gender except in the case of Salazzle (I originally had a male Salandit before realizing only the girls evolve).

On my first playthrough of Y, I named the team after the characters from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I had King Arthur the Lucario, Sir Lancelot the Flygon, Sir Robin the Blastoise, and Sir Bedevere the Abomasnow. Also had a Gengar, but as it was traded to me I couldn't nickname it, so I guess that one would have been Sir Galahad. There was also that Speed Boost Blaziken given to early players of XY, but I eventually had to bench it because it was simply too OP. I did a similar theme in Moon where I named the Pokémon after characters from Rocky Horror, but that team wasn't as effective unfortunately.

Last edited:
I don't think I can pick a favourite.

With all teams I've had great memories and I definitely bonded with them all. I feel like picking one over the other feels like picking your favourite child as a parent.

My Favorite team has to be my FR/LG Playthrough:

A Venusaur I named "Saur" after Red's Venusaur from the Adventures Manga.
A Nidoking I named "King" was the Early MVP of my team, evolving from Nidorino right after Mount Moon.
A Pidgeot I named "Berd Juses" after Twitch Plays Pokemon's Bird Jesus.
A Flareon I named "Eon" after someone's online persona.
A Hitmonlee I named "SlapMyKnee" Sorry. It fit.
And an Omastar I named "Asterix". You know, the Comic book character.

I remember having the most fun with my Platinum team of Torterra, Staraptor, Gyarados, Rotom, Gallade and Weavile.
I also enjoyed using Charizard, Fearow, Victreebel, Jolteon, Nidoqueen and Starmie in LeafGreen.

I would say that my LG team still has a special place in my heart but I can only remember of my Venusaur, Fearow, Victreebel and Tyranitar (but I transfered all of them to my Diamond copy).
Right now, my favorite was HG's: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typholosion, Skarmory, Electabuzz and Arbok, also because of the possibility to have them outisde and interact with it.

Platinum:
Garchomp, Infernape, Dustox, Kadabra, Luxray, Floatzel
Y:
Garchomp, Charizard, Greninja, Talonflame, Klefki, Yveltal
Moon:
Garchomp, Klefki, Sandslash, Marowak, Araquanid, Oricorio(Pom-Pom)
Ultra Moon:
Garchomp, Araquanid, Arcanine, Mimikyu, Vikavolt, Decidueye
for Shield, there's two:
Flygon, Flygon, Flygon, Vibrava, Trapinch, Trapinch
Toxtricity, Centiskorch, Drednaw, Orbeetle, Dragapult, Sandaconda

My Emerald team was my favorite.

Gex the Sceptile
Horus the Swellow
Toph the Aggron
Jelly the Tentacruel
Ariana the Wigytuff
Nyx the Dusclops

All of them were great, Nyx specially was better than I expected. I usually just go with the strategy of using strong STAB moves, but her moveset was mostly status moves and her Curse came in handy in many difficult battles, especially against Juan's Kingdra.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom