• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your favorite season of the anime so far?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
This is my very 1st thread so I'm a bit nervous to say this but I am curious to know what gen of the anime was your favorite and why? Also, this can even go up to even your top 5. look I'ma make it easier for you all this will go by generations of the anime, not seasons since I too think there is way too much to choose from. so by gens 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 not seasons just to be clear. my top 5 is 1st both XY and Z, 2nd Diamond and pearl, 3rd the advanced series with battle frontier, the original series is 4th even though I like johto just a bit more since I did start with season 3, and BW is 5th for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
The Indigo League season will always hold a special place in my heart, although by the time I got into the anime while it was airing it was in the middle of the first season of BW. I really liked the last season of the Johto saga, and also Advanced Battle, Galactic Battles, and basically everything about X and Y.

Just to clarify: Seasons (especially the way the Dub separates them), or generation/region sagas???

The Indigo League season will always hold a special place in my heart, although by the time I got into the anime while it was airing it was in the middle of the first season of BW. I really liked the last season of the Johto saga, and also Advanced Battle, Galactic Battles, and basically everything about X and Y.
Indigo league was pretty good even though the series did better over the years at least IMO, but so were the rest too(y)

^ Okay then.

Me, my favorite was the Sinnoh Years. Did a lot of things right they should've been doing all along (and should've done afterwards)

Runner-Up: the last year of Johto (dubbed "Pokémon Master Quest" by 4Kids)

Last edited:
I have to say the XY(Z) series have trumped over the other seasons for me. Although I do keep the other seasons to heart.

Except Best Wishes. Those seasons were just...beyond bad. :cool:

Last edited:
All of the original seasons, advanced seasons and all of DP, XY and XYZ have been pretty great too, BW will always remain at the bottom, the worst for me (n) so yeah pretty much i have liked/loved 16 out of 19 seasons of the pokéanime (y)

Favorite is season 8 of advance generation. I just was in love with AG.
Indigo League for humor
DP for character treatment (except for Brock and TR and sort of Ash)

As a whole, the first two sagas were more in-line with my tastes than others, as long as we're not talking about the battles.

Last edited:
This is a super tough question, definitely have to go top 5, but I'm not totally sure the order is accurate because I really like most seasons but:
1. Advanced
2. Johto Journeys
3. Sinnoh League Victors
4. Advanced Challenge
5. Indigo League

I feel bad already that some seasons aren't on there, but I think this is at least a good effort at trying to limit it to 5.

The Hoenn League and Battle Frontier, but Battle Frontier especially. I really liked the Frontier Brains (Brandon was my favorite) and May and Max were good characters. They are also part of my happy childhood memories. I can still remember trying to get home early enough so I could watch it and arguing with my brothers that Ash had gotten older.

I usually go by sagas, and don't memorise seasons so I'll go with that if you don't mind.

So far the XY(Z) saga is my favourite. The animation has improved considerably (granted, I didn't really watch much of Best Wishes, but I heard its animation was decent, too), I love Ash's companions, the majority of the filler episodes have been very enjoyable, the current Zygarde sub-plot is going well, and we've had some memorable battles. It does have its fair share of flaws (looking at Showcases and Goomy's character arc) but this saga revived my love for the Pokemon anime and that says something. :LOL:

Advanced Generation is a little special for me because it ties with the Gen III games which are very memorable and nostalgia-driven for me. I also think AG was one of the better sagas of the anime, though many filler episodes were boring and several battles were pretty weird or made no sense (Tate and Liza Gym Battle anyone?). I never got to finish watching the Diamond & Pearl saga (I might do it in the future, however) so I don't have much to say about it, but I've heard from many fans that it was good.

In hindsight, I didn't really enjoy the original series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto) as much as I thought, but it was the only Pokemon anime we had at the time so I loved it regardless. I did feel somewhat bored when Johto came around. I think it had too many fillers, or at least that's the impression I got back then. Regardless, the first season of Pokemon (Indigo League) will always be special in my heart. :X3:

Last edited:
I usually go by sagas, and don't memorise seasons so I'll go with that if you don't mind.

So far the XY(Z) saga is my favourite. The animation has improved considerably (granted, I didn't really watch much of Best Wishes, but I heard its animation was decent, too), I love Ash's companions, the majority of the filler episodes have been very enjoyable, the current Zygarde sub-plot is going well, and we've had some memorable battles. It does have its fair share of flaws (looking at Showcases and Goomy's character arc) but this saga revived my love for the Pokemon anime and that says something. :LOL:

Advanced Generation is a little special for me because it ties with the Gen III games which are very memorable and nostalgia-driven for me. I also think AG was one of the better sagas of the anime, though many filler episodes were boring and several battles were pretty weird or made no sense (Tate and Liza Gym Battle anyone?). I never got to finish watching the Diamond & Pearl saga (I might do it in the future, however) so I don't have much to say about it, but I've heard from many fans that it was good.

In hindsight, I didn't really enjoy the original season (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto) as much as I thought, but it was the only Pokemon anime we had at the time so I loved it regardless. I did feel somewhat bored when Johto came around. I think it had too many fillers, or at least that's the impression I got back then. Regardless, the first season of Pokemon (Indigo League) will always be special in my heart. :X3:
It's true johto has a fuck ton of fillers that unfortunately no one liked, but does get better when you reach the league, hoenn wasn't bad but it gets better in Battle Frontier, I'm going to be honest I don't care that much for the original series as well mostly due to nostalgia talkimg, but it was still quite the run. As for BW the majority will tell you to skip that shit due to many, many issues that almost retconns the past gens and gen 6 fixed so many of the problems thank goodness:)

My favorite episodes are mostly on Johto Arc because of Vulpix and Jigglypuff. But overall Indigo League Arc and XY Arc are the best imo. XYZ not yet finished so I don't want to include them.

It's true johto has a fuck ton of fillers that unfortunately no one liked, but does get better when you reach the league, hoenn wasn't bad but it gets better in Battle Frontier, I'm going to be honest I don't care that much for the original series as well mostly due to nostalgia talkimg, but it was still quite the run. As for BW the majority will tell you to skip that shit due to many, many issues that almost retconns the past gens and gen 6 fixed so many of the problems thank goodness:)

I really liked Johto and I'm sure many liked it, anyway the entire Johto saga was one of my favorite because being part of my beloved Original Series, I agree about BW and I'd recommend to anyone not to watch that messy disaster.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom