• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your favourite League and why?

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
So out of the The Indigo Plateau Conference, The Silver Conference, The Ever Grande Conference and Lily of the Valley Conference, which one was your favourite and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoenn League for me. But I haven't watched the Sinnoh League yet...so...

Everyone got a fair share of battles, and I really liked Morrison and Tyson, and how we saw them battle as well. Plus the minor COTD opponents were pretty neat, especially Jump (the Electabuzz dude) and Kate...speaking of Kate, what an awesome battle.

The Sinnoh league only really had two good fights, (Paul and Conway), and its a shame the rest of it was messed up.

To think we waited 4 years for it and we thought Ash was going to use his older pokemon...

Ash vs Katie. and Ash vs Paul remain my two of favorite battles in the series. The Conway battle was pretty fun as well though.

Ash vs Takuto was shit.

Sinnoh, purely because of Ash vs. Paul. I hardly even remember the other league matches ._.

Up until Sinnoh ( namely Paul), I think Katie had the most interesting use in strategy we had seen in a trainer. I'm pretty sure she's the only trainer that's ever used Destiny Bond in the series.

Last edited:
The Ever Grande Conference, because Ash only used his Hoenn team. I really liked that for some reason...

My favorite is the Ever Grande Conference. It featured Ash only using his Hoenn region Pokemon, and he got pretty darn far in the league, and there were pretty good battles in the league. Morrison & Tyson were great characters, Katie was a great female trainer, which is rare to see for some reason, I only wish Harrison was in the league.

No League was perfect for me, there were always battles and characters that I didn't really care for in each of them. Worst offender is the Kanto League. Besides the battle with Jeanette, there was just nothing good or interesting about it. Johto League was a bit of a mixed bag. The Kanto starters overshadowing all of Ash's pokémon was absolutely boring. It was nice to see some really good Ash and Gary interactions, but their battle was just awful as far as writing. Ash v Harrison was a really good battle, but Harrison himself was sorta bland. Hoenn League had good battles, but really, besides the Katie one, I don't feel they were memorable and seeing the same pokémon over and over again got old real fast. Sinnoh League had one ok battle (against Nando), one really good battle (against Conway), one mindblowing battle (against Paul) and an uber crap battle (against Takuto) that rivaled the third Ash v Brandon match in terms of shitty writing. The Gible bit was the only part I liked, but more than anything, it had some really good interactions between Ash and his pokémon and Dawn/Paul/Barry/Conway

So yeah. Overall, I would say the Sinnoh League despite all its flaws (Takuto battle, Gliscor, too much Team Rocket, not enough Quilava, no Totodile) is still the best League.

No League was perfect for me, there were always battles and characters that I didn't really care for in each of them. Worst offender is the Kanto League. Besides the battle with Jeanette, there was just nothing good or interesting about it. Johto League was a bit of a mixed bag. The Kanto starters overshadowing all of Ash's pokémon was absolutely boring. It was nice to see some really good Ash and Gary interactions, but their battle was just awful as far as writing. Ash v Harrison was a really good battle, but Harrison himself was sorta bland. Hoenn League had good battles, but really, besides the Katie one, I don't feel they were memorable and seeing the same pokémon over and over again got old real fast. Sinnoh League had one ok battle (against Nando), one really good battle (against Conway), one mindblowing battle (against Paul) and an uber crap battle (against Takuto) that rivaled the third Ash v Brandon match in terms of shitty writing. The Gible bit was the only part I liked, but more than anything, it had some really good interactions between Ash and his pokémon and Dawn/Paul/Barry/Conway

So yeah. Overall, I would say the Sinnoh League despite all its flaws (Takuto battle, Gliscor, too much Team Rocket, not enough Quilava, no Totodile) is still the best League.

Gotta agree with Hellion. No league was anywhere near perfect. However, Sinnoh came the closest I think. Johto always stands out because of the Ash vs. Gary match. It was good, but it should have been so much better. I've said it before, at the end it really made no sense to me that Gary lost. Just going by the writing.

The Ash vs Paul match in Sinnoh was epic and will always be one of my favorites. I also enjoyed the Paul vs Barry match. I thought that Sinnoh let everyone down at the end by throwing Tobias and his Darkrai in, BUT even then (All things considered) Ash did a good job. I think it really showed how far he's come (Or how far he'd come before BW). Back in Kanto there was no way Ash would have lasted against Tobias.

I don't think I have to explain why I didn't like the Kanto league and the Hoenn league was alright. Didn't hate it, but didn't really like it either. None of the battles really wowed me.

Sinnoh!
I was amazed how, you know, huge show it actually was. There were more stronger emotions than earlier, IMO. And ofc with all the great trainers battling, there were lots of characters to root for!

Ever Grande Conferance, no doubt about it.
I really love double battles, and here I got to see plenty of them in the opening rounds, both from Morrison and Ash.
I also enjoyed that 6 on 6 battle against Katie, that just felt random, 'cause I would never guess that Ash would have a 6 on 6 battle against a random opponent lke that. But I really enjoyed that battle, Katie was awesome!

A tie between Ever Grande and Lily of the Valley (OH GOD I HATE THAT NAME).

Ever Grande had some of the best battles of Advanced Generation, especially Katie and Tyson. Lily of the Valley, with the admittedly rather forced, short finale, contained what is at this point the best battle in the series, between Ash and Paul. Ash VS Conway was also pretty interesting, fun battle.

I actually have to agree with this a bit, but personally I really enjoyed the Silver Conference, i especially liked how they did the groups of 3, to decide who would move for, it got a chance for Ash to battle Vincent and that girl with the fire Pokemon.

Johto would be a candidate, because it's what we wanted to see back in Kanto. But yeah, since it was Johto and the Johto team got pretty much shafted in the end, I can't hold it in that high regard.

Sinnoh was about to be perfect. Great battles, and even some of the old Pokemon came back. But then they pull Tobias out of their ass..-_-;

So favourite? None really. D:

Sinnoh League!

Fantastic and rousing battles, Paul and...CYNTHIA
Nuff said ;)

Tie between Silver Conference & Ever Grande Conference. So many great battles in both, but EG had more focus on the individual Pokemon giving them each a chance to battle while Silver had focus on some particular Pokemon instead of equally sharing the spotlight.

I liked the Indigo League.. except when Richie turned up. He just annoyed me alot tbh.

For me, the Silver Conference. Despite what some are saying, I loved the full battles, especially with good ol' Charizard. Even though he did lose to Blaziken, it was still a hell of a fight.

Back
Top Bottom