• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Pokémon?

What was your first ever Pokémon

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 78 11.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 148 21.5%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 116 16.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 77 11.2%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 53 7.7%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 4.5%
  • Treecko

Votes: 29 4.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 36 5.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 32 4.7%
  • Umbreon & Espeon

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Eevee

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
The first Pokemon I ever got was Treecko in Emerald. I loved that thing! Good thing I transfered Sceptile over the Pearl before I lose Emerald.. Oh well. It was really strong, too.

My first Pokemon was Squirtle on a Red version. Originally it was to be Bulbasaur, but I didn't want to copy my brother.

chimchar. i'm only 10. but i sadly don't have him anymore. i actually miss him. :( he was a lv.89 (i think) infernape when i last had him.

My very first Pokemon was a Piplup when Diamond first came out. I named him Joey and he kicked major ass. He eventually became a level 84 Empoleon and killed anything in sight. Unfortunately, my little brother lost my game about 3 years ago and I haven't seen him since...:-(

My first game was Crystal so I'm really thinking my first starter ever probably was Cyndaquil. Although Totodile quickly overshot Cyndaquil as my favorite Gen II starter, so I've gone with Totodile ever since.

Cutie (later renamed Blazer) the Naive Torchic in Emerald :)

my first game was pokemon blue, and appropriately I chose squirtle as my first one.

My very first pokémon was a bulbasaur, in the French version of Pokémon Red. Ah, que de bons souvenirs.....

Such an awesome time playing pokémon back then all the while watching the first season of the anime on tv when coming back from school :) since then it's almost been my MO in all games: I would always buy the "red" version (Red, Gold, Ruby) and choose the grass starter. Only exception is when I bought Diamond last year (Pearl is closer to red in theory), but still, I picked Turtwig.

Man, I love those games so much, they're really awesome, and that feeling when you get in front of your rival for the first time after defeating the Elite Four (them bastards!), especially when you get to battle his Charizard (in my case).... thats just awesome to put it down ;)

My first Pokemon was a Squirtle on Red, since that was my first Pokemon game. I chose it because I thought it was cute. :3

I think it was bulbasaur... but for some reason I can remember training a squirtle first... but it had to be bulbasaur because I remember my first final team. (Venusaur, Sandslash, Haunter, Nidoking, Dragonair, Zapdose)

Back
Top Bottom