• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Pokémon?

What was your first ever Pokémon

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 78 11.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 148 21.5%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 116 16.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 77 11.2%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 53 7.7%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 4.5%
  • Treecko

Votes: 29 4.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 36 5.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 32 4.7%
  • Umbreon & Espeon

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Eevee

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
In pokemon Blue I picked Squirtle, I am a reall sucker when it comes to aquatic Pokemon.

Charmander is the first Pokemon, there are so many different type of advantage you can get with this Pokemon, charmander know the many different type of the fighting skill.

Charmander, because it evolves into Charizard in its 3rd stage of evolution, and it looks similar to a dragon.

Pokémon Yellow was one of the first games I remember playing. In that case, it's Pikachu. The only other likely option would be either Totodile or Cyndaquil, since the other game I had at the time was Silver, so... I'm not really sure.

I'm going to say Pikachu for now.

My first Pokemon was Cyndaquil in Crystal. I never finished the game, because as I kid I couldn't figure out what to do at the Lake of Rage :/ I don't know why, after playing through Gen III, IV, and V, that I haven't finished it, but I intend to soon. As a homage to Cyndaquil, I picked it again in Heartgold.

Pikachu, as my first version was Yellow. I had not even known Red and Blue existed for a while as Yellow was the one my bestie kept telling me about. Prior I had not heard of Pokemon video games.

Aside from starters a Pidgey which I named Windy. I had had the name picked out since before I had gotten a hold of the game when my bestie had showed me her Pigeotto nicknamed Gusty(I also kind of copied her Pikachu's nickname; her's was called Zappy and I had ended up calling mine zapper). I went on to trade Windy as a pigeot along with all my other bests from Yellow to my late Silver where I trained him to level 100.

I am confused by your options of Eevee and Umbreon and Espeon. The rest of the poll consists of each generations starters, Eevee and Umbreon and Espeon are not starters(Eevee is, but for Yellow's Gary not you).

Squirtle. I can't remember what I named him (I ALWAYS named my Pokemon, from the very beginning), but I guess Squirtle has a special place in my heart now. =3

A Charmander. I had two saves prior to finishing Blue, and I chose a Charmander in all of them. My third, and longest serving Charmander/meleon/zard was named AJ after the Character of the Day in the first season of Pokemon. AJ was my original bro.

My old Cyndaquil, way back on Gold... He has long since been erased, but the memories remain. Watched the anime too much and left him unevolved until the Radio Tower takeover because I thought that he might go "Ash's Charizard" on me.

I think it was Pikachu, from Pokemon Yellow. I'm not sure, but I think it was. Either that or Charmander on Pokemon Red or Squirtle on Pokemon Blue.

Yeah, I was a really original kid XD

Mine was a Mudkip from my Sapphire version copy. :) For a long time, I lost my sapphire cartridge at home and got a DS for my birthday to play pokemon Diamond instead. And then I thought Piplup was my first pokemon. Until at May 2010, my mom bought my little brother a GBA and told me to find old GBA games in her battery drawers. And then when I looked there, I saw my very old pokemon Sapphire and Leafgreen versions. I played on my Sapphire version, and what I saw in my team was a Marshtomp,Linoone,and a Tailow. I just knew I had a Mudkip for my first pokemon ^V^

Gosh, its hard to remember that far back. I believe my first ever Pokemon was a Squirtle named Bubbles on Blue. :)

My first Pokémon was a Charmander in Pokémon Red version. I loved playing with it... until I was demolished by Brock and his monster Onix...

My first ever was bulbasaur, but i realized that starting off with him in red made the game to easy so I started over and used Charmander and he's been my buddy ever since! ^-^
So it goes like this:
Yellow: pikachu
Red: Bulbusaur then Charmander
Silver: Chickorita
Crystal: Cyndaquil
Ruby & Emerald: Mudkip (best water pokemon ever next to vaporion)
Crystal & Platinum: Chimchar & Turtwig
Black: Tepig
All my starters from each region.

in case you started by playing Pokemon Colosseum(espeon & umbreon) or PokemonXD(eevee).
Both of which I also played.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually rented a Red version back during the first days of the series' inception just to see what all the hullabaloo was about. I selected Charmander, due to my preference toward fire. But for me, it didn't really click for some reason. When I returned the game I never did pick up a copy of my own.

Come forward 15 years or so later, my kid picks up Emerald, and now that I had a trade partner and fellow competitor I finally took the plunge. I got a copy of FireRed, chose another Charmander, and was hooked ever since.

Tacky the Piplup, from Platinum. Now an Empoleon at Level 100 and on my team in Black. Named for Tacky the Penguin, from the Helen Lester books.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. The first Pokémon game I played that wasn't someone elses was a ROM of Pokémon Gold, in which I picked Totodile. However, if that doesn't count, then it's Pikachu from Pokémon Yellow.

Back
Top Bottom