• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Shiny Pokémon in SV?

A Deino in a cave. The second one I've encountered is Lechonk, but I care significantly less about that one. Just not into that Pokemon that much. I didn't end up using either of them because I'm not a super fan of either.

I've been trying to get shiny Rufflet to get a shiny Braviary for my husband though, but it hasn't panned out, sadly.

A Pawmi in a pack of Pawmi with a Pawmo leading it. I just happened to look and noticed that the Pawmi was different colored than the rest. I was able to engage in battle with it and simply chucked a Great Ball at it, nabbing it. This allowed me to learn that the shiny sparkling sound and overworld sparkle effect that LA had didn't carry over, which was mildly annoying as I was in that area exploring and going for an item that happened to be near that Pawmi pack, noticing by pure chance that one was different colored.

It was shortly followed by a shiny Hoppip within 5 minutes, which was also purely random and I would've missed it because its green color matched the grass, only realizing it was shiny when I moved too close to pick up a sparkly spot and triggered the battle by accident.

The lack of an overworld effect that would reveal the shiny means that shiny hunting (or even just finding random shinies) is going to be a royal pain, as you can very easily miss one, especially given the fact that some shinies are only a shade or two different from their normal forms. Not a good idea, GF.
One way to tell is that your Pokemon will not auto-battle shinies. So if you send it out and it refuses to battle, that might be a shiny. This is only for dedicated shiny hunting though, and I 100% agree that them removing the sound and sparkle is one of their dumbest ideas yet.

My first shiny was a full-odds shiny rufflet, and I recently caught a shiny
Rabsca
in a Tera Raid, and then fiteen minutes later I find a shiny engine in an outbreak. Then the next day I caught a shiny Glimmora in The Great Crater of Paldea.

Last edited:
A shiny Azurill I charged into by accident. Wanted to use it, but I was doing a Ghost monotype and it was running Thick Fat as an ability anyway.

A Skiddo. Traded it away to a friend though since I had no use for it and I'd rather have it with someone who gets some use out of it.

Sheer number? I've only found one, a Lechonk and it was full odds. I didn't even notice until it entered battle and I saw it was pink

What do you mean you have no use for the Skiddo?
Either their team was already set, or they just didn't want to use Skiddo. I myself caught a Shiny female Snorunt in my record-breaking fourth day of playing and quickly sent it to my sister because she really likes Froslass and because I'm happy with my Ceruledge. She can have my lucky moment since she'd get more from it than me.

It may come as a surprise to some, but Shiny Pokémon aren't guaranteed a teamslot just for being a Shiny. A rare coat of paint doesn't change what species they are and if they're not best for the team like with our Skiddo and Snorunt then they'd stay in a box with all the ordinary joes or go to someone who wanted them most.

I agree that getting a shiny eariy in the game doesn't guarantee a spot in the team. I haven't used the first shinies I got, and I am playing a second playthrough to try new Pokémon and get another Koraidon for my future Home dex. Funnily enough, my first random caught shiny in both playthroughs was a Hoppip. In my first one it was a Makuhita but I killed it and the game auto saved.

Either their team was already set, or they just didn't want to use Skiddo. I myself caught a Shiny female Snorunt in my record-breaking fourth day of playing and quickly sent it to my sister because she really likes Froslass and because I'm happy with my Ceruledge. She can have my lucky moment since she'd get more from it than me.

It may come as a surprise to some, but Shiny Pokémon aren't guaranteed a teamslot just for being a Shiny. A rare coat of paint doesn't change what species they are and if they're not best for the team like with our Skiddo and Snorunt then they'd stay in a box with all the ordinary joes or go to someone who wanted them most.
Yeah, I started with Sprigatito so that was the Grass slot accounted for, I don't particularly care for Skiddo or Gogoat, and I pretty much exclusively only always use new Pokémon in the new games. Shinies also mean very little to me considering how easy it is to get them nowadays.

That all combined, I just traded it away to a friend who wanted it. It's better than just keeping it in the box to rot for all eternity.

Well not my first (that was Gogoat as I mentioned) but I did just catch another Shiny Pokémon. I was checking out a Revavroom outbreak and I noticed a Rufflet that seemed a bit... off so I battled it and sure enough, it was Shiny! I caught it in a Dusk Ball.

Back
Top Bottom