• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first shiny?

Which game did you catch your first shiny in?

• Total voters
my first shiny was Mienfoo in Black 2
when training for Elite 4, battling random Pokemon.... so far the only time I ever used a Master Ball

I have some hazy memories (which may not be entirely accurate) of encountering a shiny Zubat at Tohjo Falls, and possibly also a Rattata at the Lake of Rage, in Silver. But the first shiny I managed to catch was a Zigzagoon in Ruby, in the patch of grass on Route 104 just outside Petalburg. If I recall correctly, she was female and I named her Ziggy. I think I probably caught this Zigzagoon even before the Red Gyarados, which I KO'd on my first Silver playthrough.

my first shiny was the lake of rage gyarados in pokemon gold, but that's not exactly noteworthy, huh? I hatched a shiny tyrogue from that high-odds eggu in crystal, which later evolved into a hitmonchan. Beyond these two, I believe my first shiny was a shiny marowak in leaf green that I found in victory road. I still have that marowak, which is in shield now -- it luckily managed to survive the 2017 cataclysm, where my copy of ultra moon was stolen along with the majority of my pokemon.

My first shiny was a Tyrogue in Pokémon White, but in those days I had the "brilliant" belief that a Pokémon couldn't evolve if they had already passed the level where they should, and since it was a level 50 Tyrogue I didn't even bother to level it up and I just store it in the PC :bulbaFacepalm:. When I found out that all this time I could evolve it, it was too late, I no longer had that game. It's kinda funny that I believed that when I was new to playing the games, but even though I didn't lose my mind for that I would have liked to find out the truth sooner to being able to evolve that Tyrogue.

Mine was a shiny Elekid that I hatched in Crystal once, from the egg you get from the daycare center. Sadly, the internal battery died and I lost it along with all my other Pokemon. In regards to ones I actually caught with a PokeBall, mine was a shiny Oddish I caught in Emerald. I evolved it into a Bellossom and now it lives in my Pokemon Black game!

My first shiny was a wild Voltorb in the New Mauville power plant in Emerald. I evolved it and kept it with me all the way up to Pokemon White, where I then accidentally traded it away on the GTS by mistake. I miss it every day, I hope its new Trainer is taking care of it now. :[

Something that I didn't know about at the time that's actually pretty funny looking back on it - the highest level that Voltorb in New Mauville can appear at is Level 26. What level does Voltorb learn Selfdestruct in Gen III? Level 27. I really dodged a bullet there...

Excluding fixed ones? A Drowzee in Silver.

I am surprised there's no Gen 1 option, though. Yes, you technically can get shinies in that game, insofar that they'll be shiny in Gen 2. One playthrough of Yellow of mine ended up with a Charizard and Magneton that both met shiny DV conditions. I'm sure there's at least a couple people whose first was in those games, by that technical definition.

Roselia in Ruby. I've since found another shiny Roselia in another Ruby. It's a good shiny, I like that it has a black rose.

My first Shiny was given to me by my friend. It was a Shiny Magikarp. But the first one I ever caught, was, oddly enough, in the region that I've never completed to this day, Johto with HGSS. It was a Shiny Tentacool. I borrowed the game from my friend that gave me the Shiny Magikarp.

The first shiny I have ever encountered was a Pidgey on Route 8 in FireRed, but I ended up defeating it since I didn't know about shinies back then. Later , I encountered a shiny Ponyta on Kindle Road during the same playthrough, and caught it.

It was an Unown D in Platinum. It appeared right after reading the message about friendship so I thought it was a fixed encounter, I was very surprised when I found it wasn't one later.

Back
Top Bottom