• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first WiFi/Mystery Gift Pokémon?

I think mine was either a Shaymin or a Darkrai that I got in Pearl. Unfortunately, I transferred them to my SoulSilver cart that was eventually wiped on accident.

Edit: I believe both were Toys R' Us events.

Last edited:
The router we had wasn't compatible with the Nintendo WFC, so there was no way for me to receive mystery gifts during gen. 4 and 5 unless I used certain... external devices.

So the first legal mystery gift I got was either Diancie or Hoopa, I can't quite remember. I love how throughout 2016, they made literally every Legendary/Mythical Pokémon available so I could get all the ones I had missed out on earlier. Hopefully we'll get something similar for the upcoming 25th anniversary.

This Reshiram, if we're talking Wi-Fi gifts. But I think the Dream World Arceus came before that, and I got that as well.

The Genesect from B2W2's release, and the second and third would be the Keldeo and Deoxys that came afterwards (the latter of which was also my first Level 100 Pokemon).

If I had investigated more thoroughly I'd possibly had gotten a Celebi in Gen IV, but at the time I did not have hope that I could get those in my country.

I think it was the Speed Boost Torchic from X/Y.

I was lucky enough to know someone who knew someone who had a Colosseum Bonus Disc, so my first Mystery Gift pokemon was the Jirachi from that game. I had to trade my friend a shiny to get it, but I don't remember which one.

I think it was the Member Card distribution in 2009. We lived ~45 minutes away from the closest place we could participate, so it took some convincing to get my parents to bring me lol. It was really cool, though.

The Galactic Key for Rotom's forms in Platinum. I had gotten Diamond way too late for any previous events (if there were any, as I don't remember if there were any prior), but since I got Platinum upon release I got pretty much all the events from the Galactic Key onward. I did miss some, mainly thanks to Pokemon Newsletter blunders, but the Galactic Key was my first actual Mystery Gift.

In terms of actual Mons, I believe it was the Mew event that was my first Mystery Gift Mon, though I don't remember if it was the first Mon to be distributed or not via Mystery Gift in Gen 4, so I might be mistaken.

I’m not sure if it counts, since it wasn’t over wifi; but back when Colosseum came out, my best friend got a bonus disc. So Jirachi was my first “not a trade/not in-game” acquisition.

If we’re talking via wifi, I think it was Arceus. Toys ‘R Us were running a lot of events during the the DPPt era. I know I snagged a bunch of Key Items and Pokémon at the time, since I had started working next door to one.

XY's Torchic, which I used through the whole game and is probably why I love Blaziken so much.

I believe it was my HG's Arceus (or Celebi). I remember being so happy about going to a local store branch and download the Pkmn. My country (Portugal) didn't used to have all those events and I didn't had the usb connector or broadband internet (router perhaps?) and so this was an opportunity for me. I remember taking my HG, Diamond and Platinum cartridges to download the Pkmn to them. AT least back in those days, I could see some other people also obtaining the Pkmn which would allow for some trading and actual interaction with other fans. :giggle:

It was either the February 2012 Mewtwo, the Dream World Arceus, or the Movie 14 Victini. I can't remember for certain because Mewtwo and Arceus were available at the same time, and Victini was distributed twice. I have a feeling that I got Mewtwo and Arceus first.

When Black and White first came out I didn't have access to Wi-Fi yet, and missed out on the Liberty Pass, so I was glad that they gave players a couple more chances to get Victini.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom