• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

What was your first word?

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this; if there is, then merge it or whatever.
So, what was the first word you said since you were born?
My first word was "Bippy." I was trying to say my cat's name but ended up horribly failing.

Last edited:
Dragonic drifter
Reaction score
What in the world do you mean by that? The first word you said since you were born? Yeah, that's one of those things everyone can't forget, right?

Reaction score
What in the world do you mean by that? The first word you said since you were born? Yeah, that's one of those things everyone can't forget, right?
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Dragonic drifter
Reaction score
In that case, mine was...

Hold on. Why can't I remember? There's no way I should be able to forget something like that, right? Forgetting your first word, that's like soooo mainstream! :ksmile:

...I dunno.

the chosen
Reaction score
My first word - according to my parents - was "Coca" (Coca Cola, Coke, in Spanish). Hahahaha... no mommy nor daddy nor anything like that XD

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score
I believe it was "Cheerios" or something like that. Although, being a puny little wimp at the time, I pronounced it "CHEE-CHO".

Hey, at least it's better than my dad's first word:
...he was trying to say Truck.

Not a Power Ranger
Reaction score
Pikachu

Well, not really.

But the earliest video recording of me that i have is me making random noises. One of them sounded vaguely like 'Pika' and then I snnezed immediately effectively making my first word 'Pikachu.'

I'm a wizard.
Reaction score
Here's an odd one, Tür, which is door in German. (Most of my family is German)

Happiness is a Beautifly
Reaction score
Flower, in Cantonese. Dunno my first English word.

My brother's first word was duck and his first English word was balloon. :3

Keep moving forward
Reaction score
I think it was "maman", which is French for "mommy".

Cool cat
Reaction score
In that case, mine was...

Hold on. Why can't I remember? There's no way I should be able to forget something like that, right? Forgetting your first word, that's like soooo mainstream! :ksmile:

...I dunno.
Um, duh, of course nobody remembers their first word. It's their parents who remember?

Anyway, mine was the Finnish word for "a duck".

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
When I lived in Puerto Rico (for about six months, I don't remember it at all), I said "Coco", and pointed to a coconut. I'm not sure what my first proper word was, though.

One of my brother's friends' first word was "Taco". I always thought that was funny.

▬ ▬▐▀ ██ ██ ▀█▀ ▬ ▬
Reaction score
Mine was "Mama". But my second and third words were "money" and "mine".