• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first word?

chimera

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this; if there is, then merge it or whatever.
So, what was the first word you said since you were born?
My first word was "Bippy." I was trying to say my cat's name but ended up horribly failing.

Last edited:
What in the world do you mean by that? The first word you said since you were born? Yeah, that's one of those things everyone can't forget, right?

In that case, mine was...

Hold on. Why can't I remember? There's no way I should be able to forget something like that, right? Forgetting your first word, that's like soooo mainstream! :ksmile:

...I dunno.

My first word - according to my parents - was "Coca" (Coca Cola, Coke, in Spanish). Hahahaha... no mommy nor daddy nor anything like that XD

I believe it was "Cheerios" or something like that. Although, being a puny little wimp at the time, I pronounced it "CHEE-CHO".

Hey, at least it's better than my dad's first word:
...he was trying to say Truck.

Pikachu

Well, not really.

But the earliest video recording of me that i have is me making random noises. One of them sounded vaguely like 'Pika' and then I snnezed immediately effectively making my first word 'Pikachu.'

Here's an odd one, Tür, which is door in German. (Most of my family is German)

Flower, in Cantonese. Dunno my first English word.

My brother's first word was duck and his first English word was balloon. :3

I think it was "maman", which is French for "mommy".

In that case, mine was...

Hold on. Why can't I remember? There's no way I should be able to forget something like that, right? Forgetting your first word, that's like soooo mainstream! :ksmile:

...I dunno.
Um, duh, of course nobody remembers their first word. It's their parents who remember?

Anyway, mine was the Finnish word for "a duck".

When I lived in Puerto Rico (for about six months, I don't remember it at all), I said "Coco", and pointed to a coconut. I'm not sure what my first proper word was, though.

One of my brother's friends' first word was "Taco". I always thought that was funny.

Mine was "Mama". But my second and third words were "money" and "mine".

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom