• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Was Your Single Hardest Battle in the Pokemon Games?

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What was, or is, your single hardest battle in the Pokemon games? Mine was against Steven in Emerald. My team were all in the 50s, so they were being decimated every time. So I thought 'screw it', and I just used the Lv. 70 weather trio that I had. Then the battle was very, very easy.

.....the one against burgh...i forget the level but basically i had Ace my oshawott and Calvin my (forgot the crocodile's name) and i basically barely won......i ended up teaching Ace revenge only for that battle and Calvin torment....

....the most memorable one was in a shiny gold rom....i had my eevee(forgot all the other Pokemon) and i was against Morty...and so all my Pokemon had fainted......and then i was stuck with quick attack, tackle, sand attack and tail whip.....so i maxed out of pp and so did his haunter(last Pokemon) and we kept using struggle on each other,..and i eventually won...it was an hour long battle.....

Probably Cynthia in Diamond, as that was my first Pokemon game (I had gotten to play my friends' games, but I never actually owned one). Most of the game I managed to grind and force my way through, but Cynthia was a nightmare for a newb like me. Ultimately I was force to spam Roar of Time (which admittedly made her Garchomp rather easy).

By Platinum though, I knew enough that it was fun challenging instead of rip-my-hair-out-nightmarish challenging.

I would say Wallace in Emerald. I had a Lv. 71 Rayquaza and a Lv. 95 Blaziken and it still was hard.

I also hate Phobe. My Lv. 95 Blaziken couldn't touch her due to me being stubern and sticking with the moves: Quick Attack, Slash, Cut, and Double Kick. And sence they are all Normal or Fighting, her Ghost Types where completely immune to the attacks.

Pokemon Gold, Karen of the Elite Four. I kept losing to her Umbreon... I never did finish that game XD

Definitely Cynthia in DP. I was happy when I discovered that she got nerfed in Platinum. She took me forever to beat before that.

Hm, probably...

-Lance in HG. If it wasn't for my Jolteon defeating his Dragonite on the first turn it was out, I would have lost DX
-Lenora. Lenora ALL the way. She gave me so much trouble the first time because I didn't have a fighting-type Pokémon... DX
-And also maybe Marshal in my second run through the league. I actually DID defeat him... But with my Braviary. Using Brave Bird. And it knocked him out too. Oh, and he was my last Pokémon.

I think those are actually the only battles I've had difficulty with... 'o' Well, that is, not counting those times when I didn't even know moves had powers at all and thought they just changed the animation of the attack... *Sigh*

Maybe Red on Crystal. My team was all in the 50's and 60's. Either that or Marshal on White. Grimsley was somewhat difficult, Shauntal was like Weenie Hut Jr's, Caitlyn was Super Weenie Hut Jr's, and Marshal was like trying to beat up Mike Tyson with a paper clip since I didn't have any good flying or psychic types. I had to almost solo his team with Samurott.

The Milotic chick in R/S/E is definitely someone of whom I have nightmares sometimes. Morty's HGSS Gengar + Whitney's GSC Miltank are also intractable, as is Lance in HGSS because you're at your early forties tops when you fight him and that L50 Dragonite

it ruins everything

Probably Lance in HG. The only way I was able to beat him was Swagger/Attract haxing through his strongest Dragonite with my Mightyena, and slowly killing everything else with the rest of my team.

Karen, in Soul Silver. I haven't won yet.

Probably Norman in Ruby. I remember I had to grind my Marshtomp up to the evolution to beat those damn Slakings of his.

Some time ago I started playing Black 2 on a Challange mode, and Veterans always KOed at least 1 of my Pokemon every battle. One of them, which challanges you to a Rotation battle in the Twist Mountain, almost wiped my team clean.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom