• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your team the first time you ever beat the E4?

Swampert, Wailord, Exploud, Medicham, Carvanha, Sealeo. It was really only the first four that mattered; the rest were sort of along for the ride.
And yeah, it took me until Sapphire to beat the E4. That's how badly I suck.

It was Meganium, Scyther, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Lugia. I forgot their moves.

First beat the E4 in Silver.

My team was:

Typhlosion Lvl 65
Thunderpunch
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Hyper Beam

Staryu Lvl 45
Ice Beam(got the tm from a friend)
Surf
Thunderbolt (maybe)
I forget what the last move was.

The rest of the team is unimportant because none were over level 10 or so.

Blaziken- Level 65.
Kyogre- level 56.
A shiny Lombre (can't remember the level) and a few HM slaves, then.
As a child, I didn't really do the whole "team" aspect of Pokemon properly, so I heavily depended on my revives/potions and HM slaves to cover as I revived my Blaziken.

This is a cute thread, too bad my memory is blurry on this. I know Feraligatr was on all the teams I went with, and often the sole fighter.

I'm 99% on Slowpoke being the first pokémon I caught, I thought psychics were the strongest type and I didn't want to catch any early garbage critters.

It probably went:

Feraligatr
Slowbro
Ho-Oh
With three pokémon only out while I revive.

Wow, this was back in '98... damn. I think it was this: on Blue

Squirty the Blastoise lv. 80 something
Golduck lv. 49
Magmar lv. 39
Articuno lv. ??? (it was over 50 but below Blastoise)

Venusaur, something, another Pokemon, something else, another Pokemon, and some weird thing (I think it was a Zudomon).

Let's see, this would've been on...Ruby Version? Oh my. I believe it was:

Swellow
Rayquaza
Groudon
Tropius
Pelliper
Linoone

Didn't intentionally use mostly fliers. I think what I did was finally buy a ton of full restore/revive and just wear the E4 down :/ I was so nooby lol

My E4-beating team, in SoulSilver (Yeah, I'm a newer Pokemon fan)
Spr_b_4d_249.png

SOULSILVER Lv. 54
Spr_b_4d_154_m.png

DRAGOON Lv. 50
Spr_b_4d_130_m_s.png

POSEIDON Lv. 45
Spr_b_4d_181.png

AMPHY Lv. 41
Spr_b_4d_075.png

GROUNDER Lv. 40
Spr_b_4d_062.png

POLIWRATH Lv. 36

Gosh I loved these guys.

Feraligatr, Machamp, Moltres, Lugia, Slowking, Ampharos

I can't recall everything... I remember I used Articuno for most of it, though. (This is Red, as well)

Of course I had a Pidgeot, which I remember using for walling Agatha. I only recall it knowing Fly.

A Charizard I think might've had Fire Blast.

I am not sure, but I think I did have an Eevee too. I don't remember if I boxed it in favor of Articuno later or not. It knew Swift and Double Edge.

Dragonair. Knew Hyperbeam, Ice beam, Thunder and particularly Surf because I thought the OW sprite would be status sprite.

... Vileplume? I am sure I had an Oddish which evolved into Gloom and was my cutter. But I don't know if I boxed it later as well.

So yeah. A pretty noobish team. I'm surprised I managed to remember something from so long. I deleted that save shortly afterwards too...

Cyndaquil (not Typhlosion), Ampharos, Dragonite and a couple of empty slots, I recall. I was ten at the time, so it was a very newbish team.

My first game was red way back in 2003.

Red team:

Venusaur

Thats it. I just trained one poke and he took me through.

Wow this really made me think. I can't remember who I had the first time for sure but I know I had basically the same team every time for the first few years of playing.

It definitely was something like...
Charizard
Pidgeot
Dugtrio
Raichu
Kadabra
Articuno

Now when I go back and play those games I make a point to use Pokemon that I used to never think about using. Like the last time I beat LeafGreen, Slowbro was my strongest pokemon

Machoke, around Lvl. 45
Typhlosion, Lvl. 50 or so.
Jinx, around Lvl. 40
Dragonair, Lvl 40 or so.
Gyarados, Lvl. 50
Jigglypuff, Lvl 20 or so.

Not a very balanced team, but it was enough.

I can't remember the complete team in Pokemon Red (my GBA is dead and I'm too lazy to hook up my 64 to look it up), but I know that the bulk of it was a massively overleveled Raticate that I spammed Hyper Fang with. I used the rest of them, who were about level 20 or so, as fillers to switch in whenever I needed to revive Raticate. On Blue, I used a more balanced team, but I gave that game away, hoping to have someone to play with.

Pretty much 2 Pokemon on Emerald...

Lv. 95 Blaziken
Lv. 71 Rayquaza

Along with a bunch of fillers, and one Pokemon I was training, I don't remember the exact Level, but here you go.

Lv. 40 Shelgon

Overleveled, to the extreme. Pretty much me at 4 years old.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom