• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his absence?

Re: What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his abse

I'm sure Clemont is the Gym leader - but is it just me who found it odd how he had never met the professor in the town and Nurse Joy didn't blink when giving Ash a badge case while a Gym leader was standing right there? Aren't Gym leaders supposed to be major figures in the cities they are from? Especially a Gym inside the biggest monument inside what's presumably the capital city of Kalos.

So on that basis, perhaps he recently took it over but no one takes him seriously as a Gym leader- so he's going on a journey to establish some battling credentials?

Re: What will be Clemont's reason for leaving his gym? And who watches it in his abse

Maybe Clemont was kicked out off his gym by that security system, like Ash. And can't get in again? Lol, would be weird.
But in serious business, I can't tell why he haven't told Ash yet. Must be reason I guess. It would be weird if when the Ash vs Clemont gym battle comes and he just say to Ash "...and Ash by the way. I am the Gym Leader. I just didn't tell before because I forget it." :/ Maybe a family member or someone connected to the Gym is looking after it...or the mean security system XD

Maybe the reason he hasn't told Ash the reason yet, is that the reasoning will contribute to an upcoming plot as they return to the Lumiose Gym and they want to reveal the reason(s) when the time comes.

------------------

* Clemont maybe has confidence issues in Gym challenges after something that happened?
* Maybe he is getting tired of them after doing so many and winning all of the time?
* He may even just wanted to travel away from the Gym for awhile, like a journey.

Definitely a lot of possibilities for reasons for wanting to leave.

The security system and maybe a battle robot are probably looking after the Gym. Maybe he thinks that no one will say anything while he's gone.

I think the theory that the machines in there are out of control seems the most likely one at this stage. We've seen that Citron's inventions.... don't always work quite as he expects, so I don't see any reason why he couldn't have lost control of the devices in his gym. The fact that him and Eureka were perfectly prepared to catch Satoshi and Pikachu when they were ejected from the tower shows that he's no stranger to that happening. I'm guessing it took for him to meet Satoshi to stop working just to help people who stumbled into his gym and gain the drive to train harder to take back his rightful title.

G50, One of your reasons are probably right. And I know he has a reason, but I am just saying that I don't think off anyone right now and I think it would be weird if Clemont didn't have one. Im sure the writers will think of a good one, cause all the episodes in the XY saga has been good so far, in my opinion. But if I should choose one of your reasons I would pick the first one. I think its weird that when you get a big responibilty like being a Gym leader, you can't just get tired off it like that and just leave, even if you would get someone to take over your job while you're gone. But of course it would make sense, if Clemont became a Gym leader, but not because he wanted to. Maybe because he had to take over it, because the previous one was he father or something. I know the Gym leaders are allowed to take break and stuff. But if the reason why they're leaving, is because they're sick of their jobs, why don't they just quit them instead and let someone else take over. But this is an anime, everything can happen, A bad or good reason, We just have to wait and see when the time comes. And while we wait, we just have to speculate about it in the meanwhile :)

The robot that zapped Ash is the one most likely in charge of the gym.Perhaps it malfunctioned or developed a superiority complex and deemed Clemont as inferior and not adequate enough to run the gym.

The robot that zapped Ash is the one most likely in charge of the gym.Perhaps it malfunctioned or developed a superiority complex and deemed Clemont as inferior and not adequate enough to run the gym.

Just like another Gym leader i know...

Maybe since his
Citronoide robot in the gym
security system failed, i bet Clemont has to FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM to disable it

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom