• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will be the future of Sound moves in pokemon? Physical sound moves?

if you send sound through something like a metal rod and put it on glass you can break it more easy.
do you know what kind of acustic weapons are now?
That would need contact.
The actual wave (the special category) is what that does the damage and not the weapon, so the move would be special either way.

a sound punch? by hitting sending sound wave through the target?

It would be no different from Boomburst except adding a "Punch" to its name. Boomburst is also a violent sound wave and it’s special so I don’t see a reason why "Sound Punch" would be physical other than having "Punch" in its name, which is a lame reason.

The actual wave (the special category) is what that does the damage and not the weapon, so the move would be special either way.

but if you hit with it then both things happen.
If a Sound sword or blade would hit something then what would happen? (this thing as a attack or move would be better of the steel type, then a fairy type with soundproof would be awsome)
The same with a sound hammer? or a sound shield?(the last rather could send sound back and create sound by physical contact from the oponent attacking it)
__

also its weird there could/should be a sound move that causes oponent to get Soundproof for 2 turns, you know after too much noise your ears can stop working.
This one could be really strong 150. Like a Scream of a Banshee "woman of the fairy mound".
Could be fairy or ghost. (would make it a sound canon or blast move in name and a priority move in one then it could get blocked and wouldnt be too OP)

ok by the way, I have a interesting idea to the Heavy Metal ability, it should half damage from sound moves and fighting type moves and not only double users weight. (that or make the users poison type moves get stronger)
(Light metal could half water and electric damage ; that and both could block corrosion or reduce poison status damage under it influence)

Last edited:

It would be no different from Boomburst except adding a "Punch" to its name. Boomburst is also a violent sound wave and it’s special so I don’t see a reason why "Sound Punch" would be physical other than having "Punch" in its name, which is a lame reason.
Oh, you just made me think. What if it used the attacking Pokémon's physical attack, but instead interacted with the defending Pokémon's special defense? Kind of like a reverse psyshock. Granted, I don't think a "sonic punch" is the right idea for this kind of move, but I still don't think a physical sound move is completely implausible.

If something physical is under the effect of sound waves , resonance and makes contact to send that energy further isnt it physical? the sound uses then a physical trasmitter becuse it would need more energy to be send normally.

Last edited:
Why is Sonic Boom not blocked by Soundproof?
if its a shock wave? then maybe Bulletproof should block it?
Answer to question 1: I honestly didn't know Sonic Boom wasn't blocked by Soundproof. Probably because it's more of a shock wave's properties rather than the shock wave's sound property
Answer to question 2: It's not a bullet or bomb move, it shouldn't be blocked by Bulletproof

But seriously, Sonic Boom is terrible, just like the games. It doesn't deserve special treatment imo

Answer to question 1: I honestly didn't know Sonic Boom wasn't blocked by Soundproof. Probably because it's more of a shock wave's properties rather than the shock wave's sound property
Answer to question 2: It's not a bullet or bomb move, it shouldn't be blocked by Bulletproof
what about Damp? Overcoat?

Damp prevents self destructing moves from working, so Sonic Boom doesn't work. Overcoat blocks damage from weather and spore moves, in other words it blocks moves/weather with dust-like particles, so Sonic Boom still won't work
good that wonder guard works... but other armors and guards theoretically could have that effect?

what about if sound moves could hit Phantom Force users in the "protected" semi turn?

I think there should be a ghost type sound based move based around wailing or whispering since those are the most common sounds ghosts make in tv shows and movies.

I think there should be a ghost type sound based move based around wailing or whispering since those are the most common sounds ghosts make in tv shows and movies.

what about those who scream in horrors the ones that cause people to loose hearing and movement ?
and those that cause people to run?
Banshee the screaming spirit?

Practically physical sound moves should work similar like Force Palm and realese energy by contact.

Imagine a new bug type physical move that could be a "Sound Sting" or blade.
Could be hp draning. We don't have sound move that could drain hp till now.
Even a new physical sound Dancing move that could let's say be electric and cause damage.

Some vines or roots could also be used to send Sounds.

always though about a Sound Bomb/bomber move, could be a physical flying, then Bulletproof and Soundproof could be quite handy. It could be stronger then Chatter but weaker then Beak Blast, lets say 80 or 90. The user breaks sound wall and causes to disable the oponents last move.

Last edited:
Drum Beating, G-Snoze and G-resonance, yawn, why? why? why?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom