• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What will be the next Anime series you'll watch?

Hopefully, it'll either be Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, or Steins;Gate. The latter two I've been interested in for a little while now - mostly for their art styles, I actually don't know too much about their stories or concepts - and the former is a series that my boyfriend really loves, and it sounds like something I'd greatly enjoy also. Plus, Lain's design is so cute! We need to make our way through Twin Peaks, Atlanta, and maybe The X-Files before we start another series, though... so it looks like it'll be a little while on the Lain front.

I'm thinking of watching the 2015 adaptation of The Heroic Legend of Arslan and Dust Storm Dance. Though it'll be after I finish the 90's OVA of the series.

I'm also considering watching Slayers as well. I've only read one of the manga adaptations and I really liked it, otherwise I know it mainly from my dad and brother since they quite like it.

I knew it was going to air today, but what I didn't know was that the first 12 episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean were going to be released all at once on Netflix. I know what I'm binging today!

I have my eye on The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window as the next BL series I'll watch. Though, I'm conflicted on if I should just go ahead and binge it up to episode 10 on CR, or wait until it's fully completed (since it'll be 12 episodes iirc). My best friend loves the manga and she's currently watching it, and I know there's a live action movie based on it, so I think this series might be something great.

Another one I might watch next after it's complete is JJBA Stone Ocean. Even though it's my least favorite part in the series, I still want to see Foo Fighters animated so I'll power through it just for her. If anything though, my dad and I are just waiting until Steel Ball Run gets animated since that's both of our second favorite in the series (he and I love Golden Wind the most, and let's just say that's my dad's most read and watched part lol, but it's no surprise why).

I have a lot of anime that I haven't started or need to get back into. Once I finish Noblese and Mars Red I'll probably get back into The Promised Neverland and finish that up. Then try to find the remaining seasons of Haikyuu to finish that up since Netflix sucks and only has season 1 & I think 2 in dub.

It's a four-way tie of either: Azur Lane, High School Fleet, The Legend of Zorro, and Phantom Thief Jeanne.

It'll be after I finish KanColle, The Magnificent Kotobuki, and the side story of LotGH (the Reinhard one, finally got around to start finishing a few more of the original stories before the newer series' recent movie releases). The first two options of what I might watch next is cause I felt the itch of wanting to watch a few more military anime; the latter two was because I asked my father what older anime I should watch next, and those two stuck out to me. (I didn't even know Zorro had an Italian-Japanese made anime, but my father seems to quite like this one just as much as the movies, so hopefully it's just as good as them)

And while it's just recently announced and not out yet, I'm also going to watch the new Spice and Wolf anime whenever that comes out. I hope it's a third season and not a reboot of sorts, I liked the first two seasons a lot and would love a continuation from the ending of the second season, plus it'd be nice to see Myuri in the anime depending on how far it's adapted from the LN's. But if it ends up being a reboot, then I'll still watch it cause I'm always a sucker for this series anyway lol. (now I'm going to go back and play the Spice and Wolf VR games on the Switch again in excitement)

Well, not only is Shield Hero season 2 just on the horizon, but I learned that Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun will get its 3rd season this October. According the the released art Iruma will finally start taking up archery in this season, as it has the Harvest Festival arc (I hope I got that right, as I keep mixing up the various arcs). But I'm glad to see Iruma-kun get its 3rd season, as it has been an underrated gem of a series. Makes me wonder if we'll get the ball dance between Iruma and Ameri soon. After their great date at the water park I'm looking forward any future interactions with them.

But first comes Shield Bro, as we enter the Spirit Tortoise arc and possibly the start of the New World arc (depending on how many episodes we get this season). And it looks like not only is the regular animation much better, but the CGI looks significantly better, too (especially after the rather wonky appearance it had during the Cal Mira wave in some shots, namely the archers on the ships sniping the drunk monsters). I wonder how good the OST will be, as it was killing it in the first season. It also means we're about to see the three Cardinal Stooges screw up on such an epic level that it'll give them a taste of what Naofumi had to deal with at the start (manga/LN readers will know what I mean). It's just a few weeks away and I can't wait... although I hope the dubbed version comes soon after, as I hate reading subtitles, since it makes me nauseous, and I'd rather understand what I'm watching/listening to from the get-go and not need subtitles.

I've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho and everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, tells me how good it gets from when I originally dropped it. Part of me thinks it may just be nostalgia talking but I'm gonna give it another shot anyway once I'm finally done with Naruto/Boruto.

Aoashi is gonna be the next seasonal series I'll be watching. It'll air in a few days so I'm pretty excited for it, the studio behind it is Production I.G so I have high hopes for it. I don't really like watching real life soccer, but when it's in a cartoon or video game it's way more bearable, so I think I'll enjoy this one; plus, it'll hold me over until Blue Lock releases sometime later this year, now that one I have my eye on for sure (and it gives me Kuroko vibes but with soccer and being edgier, and I love edgy things lol).

Got a decent number of series I'm looking forward to this season. Honestly been a long time since I was watching this much anime at once.
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm - 3rd season
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 3rd season
  • Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ
  • Spy x Family
I'd also like to go back and watch Komi can't communicate and Aggretsuko. Never finished their last seasons, and I want to catch up. Komi's 2nd season is on right now as well.

Back
Top Bottom